The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

go easy on them ... let them bask in the glory of writing in praise of the half eaten apple :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

hmmm.. to all those who are bashing the fast track: plz read it before commenting on it. do not jus point ur fingers in air. if u think they've dabbled then counter it point by point. otherwise jus shut up. widout reading anything, making posts like these seems jus too stupid!

do review it, so that ppl like me who hafnt bought digit this time can get to know about it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

my 100$ bet is still on ....

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Just like Apple Markets by hiding the flaws, the book has been written hiding the flaws.

PC & Windows on the hand are so common to use & easily available to the masses that everyone knows the pros & cons, & anybody hard needs to rely on Ad Manual.

Rest assured, after reading the book many people will buy or switch to Apple, who later on will cry & run to Apple store for simple problems.

Written on a 2 years old K750i with full JAVA support.

Anirudh, I don't need to read the fast track to mention these things as they are universal truth.

Hardly any macboys here knows anything technical about Mac hardware or software. I doubt if they wrote anything with there own research, or they just copied from net. Then again, it was an attempt to show readers the good side of Apple to increse the sales & they succeded in it.

Sorry, right now I don't have time & my monitor to counter the book

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

gx_saurav said:
Hardly any macboys here knows anything technical about Mac hardware or software.
thats a sorry fact too which even the mac boys have agreed ;)
gx_saurav said:
I doubt if they wrote anything with there own research, or they just copied from net.
if the thousands of links posted on this forum abt apple are considered we have our answer :D

sorry ifra but 'Can't you see all this is just jealousy because these guys did/can/could not buy Apple products for whatever reason!'

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

If goobi wrote about print designing benefits of Mac compared to XP, then good. But I m sure u didn't compare it to to Vista's windows imaging component which provides same thing on wider range of hardware to people with all budgets.

Andy, he doesen't even know that Yahoo messenger for Mac or any such software uses QuickTime component for webcam support :D

Arya...ah! forget it.

iMav, even I don't have Rs 125 to read his stupidity again. :p

Why buy a new computer to do something on Mac when I can do that on my existing computer running Vista.

M I wrong if I say that Apple should provide hardware flexibility like PCs do?

The book is a very good marketing & informative attempt, but definately not unbiased from any angle.

Just a sidenote, my monitor is not working so while I m offline for few days, macboys should enjoy the happiness fruit, & bash me as much as they like
:D.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

monitor not working go buy a mac ... it has got the best monitor ... the display on the macs monitor is the same as the print result its the best gx .... :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

iMav said:
how can u call me a hypocrite for saying that an os that doesnt have a cut option isnt a good enough os :D and i can bet a 100$ that none of u would have included that in ur fast track :D
A quote from the book:
Listen to this, there is no way to perform a cut and paste operation in the Finder (the Mac equivalent of the Explorer in Windows) with the keyboard. Sounds pretty unbelievable, right? There is an Edit menu in the menubar, it has the Cut option and even the ‘Cmd + X’ shortcut but for some reason, it simply refuses to work. The only way to move a file from one folder to another is to drag it from here and drop it there.
My account number is 0735486545865346 at UTI bank. The name is Aayush Arya. In indian currency, you are supposed to deposit Rs. 4,022. Let's see who was being a hypocrite now.

gx_saurav said:
The thing is Apple needs such salesmanship to sale while Windows Vista on the other hand is so simple, easy to use & widely compatible that it doesn't require a manual like one written by Macboys.
Oh, I see. I guess you did not notice the Fast Track to Windows Vista last month, did you?

gx_saurav said:
I guess they still didn't mention that Mac OS X has no support for HD DVD & Blu Ray till v 10.4
Yes, I did not because it does. I play HD movies on my Mac. Once you connect an HD DVD or Blu-ray reader, you can play them on Mac OS X.

gx_saurav said:
that they can not be upgraded like PCs
Another quote for your reading displeasure:
All Macs, with the exception of the Power Mac, offer the user extremely limited scope of upgrading their machine. The only thing you can upgrade on them is the memory and storage. If you want an extra SuperDrive, you will have to do with an external one. If you want to upgrade to a better processor or graphics card, you’ll need to buy a new machine. This is acceptable on laptops because laptops from other companies don’t offer much scope for upgrading the machine either, but the fact that you cannot pop in a better processor in your iMac or Mac Mini once it is outdated acts as a strong deterrent for potential switchers.

gx_saurav said:
or no support for multisession DVDs, infect plethora of things.
Yeah, because they would have edited out all the lies anyway so why bother writing them!

gx_saurav said:
Hardly any macboys here knows anything technical about Mac hardware or software. I doubt if they wrote anything with there own research, or they just copied from net.
Two words: jealousy and spite. Get over them.

infra_red_truth said:
hmmm.. to all those who are bashing the fast track: plz read it before commenting on it. do not jus point ur fingers in air. if u think they've dabbled then counter it point by point. otherwise jus shut up. widout reading anything, making posts like these seems jus too stupid!
Public humiliation never did anyone any good, so follow his advice.

Anyway, please stop this stupid discussion. We are veering far too off-topic. If you have read the book and want to critique it, feel free to do so. But if you haven't, or if your username happens to be gx_saurav or iMav, just shut the hell up!

iMav said:
my 100$ bet is still on ....
Yes, I am well aware. I am waiting for the payment...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

It is very hard & slow to type so much on a phone. But then again I wrote all that on phone released 2 years ago which I bought for 10k last year compared to the 35K iUseless from Apple which does't even do what my old phone does. :D

Oh look, arya is here reading the thread :p, m sure galiyan de raha hoga cos another mac myth busted. :D

Good night.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
If goobi wrote about print designing benefits of Mac compared to XP, then good. But I m sure u didn't compare it to to Vista's windows imaging component which provides same thing on wider range of hardware to people with all budgets.
goobimama was in charge of iPods and iLife. I guess he did not have an opportunity to write about that.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

now who should we give the credit for bringing this up in the first place :rolleyes:

expect the cash soon let the dollar get a little more expensive :D ...

goobimama

 Macboy

FYI, the dollar to rupee ratio is going to drop. 35 rupees to equal 1 dollar. But yes, we are steering a bit away from the topic...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

@arya
lolz, arya lost tempar again :D

Nope, I don't have time & money to read something again which I already know about Vista

U can't play HD DVD on current Mac due to no support of HDCP or HDMI, even an extarnal drive won't work & u cannot upgrade them to play HD DVD. What U play in your MBP is free or pirated H.264/x.264 based AVI/MKV/Mov files which isn't equivalent to playing HD DVD content.

U really don't have any knowledge of Mac :D

arya, even U know that Mac OS has no support to mount or burn multisession DVD, so it is not a lie, it should have been included.

I cannot buy a Soundblaster X-fi or GeForce 8600GT or 500 GB SATA 2 HD from my local market & plug in my Mac Pro, cos it won't work. U call this Mac Pro's upgrade capability? Was this flaw included? M i wrong to say this fellow members?

yeah, I m so jealous that my marketing article was not published :D

arya, stop whineing & learn to accept unbiased truth & criticism. I urge all members here to check themselves whether the flaws I posted r biased or written in jealousy :D or hard & true facts.

The fast track Macboys wrote was showing just the good side of Mac, which can only be termed as a very good but non informative marketing attempt, inspired by Apple.

iMav, I would rather buy a cheap & superior Dell 20" LCD instead of 20"
Apple LCD Monitor for Rs 65,000. 17" Samsung LCD rox.
ah! PC, we can use any hardware & software we want, including MacOS X :D

Oh wait, even Mac is a PC which runs Windows. Then why the hell macboys call it superior :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

You are right about them HD DVDs and Blurays. No support yet. But its not like Vista supports either out of the box. It is the third party apps which make this possible. But leopard is going to have bluray built in. Leave alone that Vista can't even play DVDs properly without third party decoders (I could be wrong).

Yeah apple display's are expensive (44k for the 20", don't bloat up the prices). But they are well built (though that still doesn't justify the price).

But why is this stuff been shoved into this topic? Don't we have that other one in the fight club section? Please, let's keep this topic clean...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Vista has inbuilt support for next gen HD content disks. It needs A 3rd Party decoder. Anyone can upgrade his PC with a Blu Ray or HD DVD drive running Vista, it works out of the box even for current or new PCs which can have new HD drives later on. u can even plug an HDMI based gfx card in existing PC.

In case of Mac, u have to discard the existing hardware & buy everything again. Why this flaw not was included in book?

PC is much better.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
You are right about them HD DVDs and Blurays. No support yet.
You need to give your Mac to this company (I forgot the name) and they will install a Blu-ray drive. After that you can play them and even burn to them using the latest version of Toast.
It can play Blu-ray discs, just not by default.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Back your statement with truth. Even I can give my PC to this company (I forgot the name) & they will recompile the OS & hardware for xtreme performance. :D

Mac OS X Tiger has no support for HDCP. External Disk drives don't work with Mac. U need to buy a new Mac with leopard & HD DVD Drive to play HD DVD.

Whats not there by default is not a feature.

If I buy a new PC today I can upgrade it later for HD dvd. U can't do the same in Mac pro

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

goobimama said:
Yeah apple display's are expensive (44k for the 20", don't bloat up the prices). But they are well built (though that still doesn't justify the price).

What is the definition of well built? If i can remember properly even you have Dell 24 inch display , is it cheaply built? My friend has that same display and its awesome. he got it for 42,000, and he has 2 of them now . Buying a apple display will be foolish imo.

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/868/img0824jk6.th.jpg

I will post more pics later

goobimama

 Macboy

Yep. Buying an apple display is foolish. Its not like my Dell display is not well built. It is. But compare it to an apple display and the difference is obvious. For instance, If I'm turning the display to the side, it creaks. It also requires a considerable amount of force while doing a height adjustment. Now I admit that the apple display doesn't have any of these adjustments save for the vertical viewing angle, but it moves so fluidly, there is no creaking. It is also just an inch thick compared to the dell which is....somewhere quite a bit more. But then again, for 40k, a 24 inch dell is more than worth it! I love my dell monitor btw.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

And when you want to put two displays side-by-side, an Apple display is much better due to the almost non-existent bezel on the sides.

It is darned expensive though. :( I am going to buy one of them one day though.

Top Bottom