The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

BTW, do you really believe I came to know about the cut function not being there because you told me about it?! LOL!

Or any of the other flaws mentioned in the book?

You are delusional. And this is so lowly, trying to take credit for someone else's efforts.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

i am really sorry to ask you friends but i am suffering a strange problem with my mac ibook g4 (ppc) OS x 10.3.9

i want to know how to enter boot sequence during booting (bcoz i got a bootablet cd with me and want to boot from cd)

please help !

nixon

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
... because you've got no life? :lol:

Nah..because she left for rest room & I was checking mails on my Phone :D....what an arse u r :p

iMav said:
u never admited to the fact that there could be flaws we pointed them out and guess what u accepted and got them published and not even a word of thanks for telling u ignorant salesman abt where ur os lacks and where ur hardware lacks ...

Thats something he learned when he bought a Macbook, comom manan, he paid for it, how can he say it is flawed :D, that too Rs 1.5 lakh :D

iMav said:
its this change from windows that makes a lot of people like the mac for the initial period but its once u get over the looks and start to work is when things and opinions change

Something he will never understand, cos after paying such a huge ammount, he has no money left to buy Vista to install on his Macbook :D

Arya, I have been using Mac OS X extensively from the last 3 months, u were right, it looks gr8 at default but once u start customising it, it breaks.

1) No UI customisation options

2) No Icon spacing

3) Can't change the UI font

4) Resolution dependent UI.

5) Keyboard shortcuts can't be changed unlike Vista keyboard mapper

6) No equation editior (ask thoe who use excel or this)

7) There are so many things u did not published, & you call it an unbiased book, lolz.....chara rakhi hai kya :D

arya said:
Buying my MBP, however, was the best decision I ever made in my life. It changed my whole perspective. It made me an author. It saved me from Windows.

I bought my current PC 4 years ago. It made me Rs 40k for bike, much more via free lancing works for plethora of dates :D, a Microsoft MVP with world recognition, a UI designer, a 3D animator, a contract based CAD designer for Lucknow development Academy & DLF, Microsoft 70-630 exam candidate too....if it comes to comparison then Windows users are "somehow" making lots for money & more productive then Mac users. What r u trying to prove here?

Arya said:
Or any of the other flaws mentioned in the book?

You are delusional. And this is so lowly, trying to take credit for someone else's efforts.

Andy was in this forum from years, he never mentioned those flaws of Mac. neither did u. We were the first ones to publically pwn u, for the flaws u were not ready to accept. Isn't it a flaw that Finder cannot mount Multisession DVD or Mac OS X can't burn multisession DVD or Macs can't be upgraded like PCs.

i am really sorry to ask you friends but i am suffering a strange problem with my mac ibook g4 (ppc) OS x 10.3.9

i want to know how to enter boot sequence during booting (bcoz i got a bootablet cd with me and want to boot from cd)

Don't know about PowerPC G4, try command+F2 while booting, this used to work in PowerPC G3 based iBook. Also, ask this on macfixit.com

goobimama

 Macboy

To boot from a CD/DVD, you have to Press C while booting. That's what it is on my iBook as well we iMac, so I'm assuming it hasn't changed.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Or you can press the option key while booting and that will let you choose the CD/DVD for booting.

goobi, do you know about Hawk Wings? And this is the last time I'm gonna ask. :mad:

goobimama

 Macboy

I have no idea who Hawk Wings is, but I am checking out the link ^^^ guy has posted...(why the angry face?)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Well, I'd been asking the question for quite a while now. :D

Check out the link. It allows you to do some major enhancements to how you work with Mail. It is awesome.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Microsoft Entourage >>>>>> Apple Mail

goobimama

 Macboy

^^ No way dude. Mail's interface is smokin'. Its so simple and...and...look at the UI, its so cool :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Oh! Sorry...I thought people actually work professionally on Mac, my mistake shouldn't compare a Professional PIM Client with a naive mail client of Apple :).

You are right goobi, just look at the UI of Apple Mail, it is the only thing which looks so cool :D

By the way, how do you guys check Windows Live Mails on Mac? The web interface or does Apple Mail supports that?

I should have compared Apple Mail with Windows Live Mail desktop on Windows. Both are free & both work with all Mail servers

No wait, Apple mail doesn't work with MAPI or Exchanger server while Windows Live Mail does.

P.S. - I was getting bored, just adding some fual to fire :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Its official. There's no more need for any of you to stick on to Windows.

Solitaire for Mac!

Sure we had some solitaire apps before, but nothing like the killer one on Windows.

*www.lavacat.com/
Solitaire XL is a stunning version of the well known one-person card game, Klondike Solitaire. It builds on the power of Cocoa and OpenGL to provide integrated 3D effects during gameplay. Download this freeware version of Solitaire for Mac OS X now.

And since its based on a the no windows policy of OS X, you just click out of it to a different application, and you are left with a small box with a single card instead of window clutter. It also syncs with the internet for sharing best scores. Wasted two hours last night.

*www.lavacat.com/ss1b.png

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Cool....now I m hooked to Mac OS X :D

No wait, Fear & crysis...damn, i m going back to Vista

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

@goobimama, look at these images:

*lh3.google.com/aayusharya/Rq2fxh3PXkI/AAAAAAAAAAs/P_5Oo78SHh4/Mail%20-%20Message%20Viewer.png
The message viewer window after applying a three pane hack from Hawk Wings. 'Organize by Thread' is also enabled.

*lh6.google.com/aayusharya/Rq2fyR3PXlI/AAAAAAAAAA0/rjGknK7fezo/Mail%20-%20Signature.png
My awesome signature, courtesy a tip from Hawk Wings.

*lh6.google.com/aayusharya/Rq2fzR3PXmI/AAAAAAAAAA8/2XpMJFieSmQ/Address%20Book%20-%20Show%20Emails.png
The Address Book can now show emails from and to any contact. Awesome!

Isn't it all incredibly cool!

goobimama

 Macboy

And as for your Apple Mail accusation, I'm sure Entourage has that Mail exchange server thing n all, but I use Gmail, which works perfectly well with Mail. I can access my mail through spotlight, and its not bloated with features. I'm sure there will be many who would prefer entourage for its features. I use Address Book and iCal as well, so that's what I have for PIM.

I've given up hope for PC "gaming" as such. Most of the good games are for XBOX and PS3. And whatever's there on the PC is a crappy port for which you need 8800GTX SLi to play them. Sorry, I'm getting an Xbox 360 instead of any gaming card...

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

goobimama said:
I can access my mail through spotlight, and its not bloated with features. I use Address Book and iCal as well, so that's what I have for PIM.

Cool, so can we with Windows XP :). You didn't tell me how do u check WIndows Live Mail in Mac?

I'm getting an Xbox 360 instead of any gaming card...

Is that 7900GT u have, AGP? :rolleyes: Too bad there is no iBox from Apple for gaming :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Yup, too bad.

Does Windows Live Mail allow you POP3 or IMAP access?

God, I had to use Windows XP after a long time today and I'd almost forgotten how stupid it is. Little annoying balloons popping up every now and then for tiny, little unnecessary reminders. The computer had a Core 2 Duo processor and a gigabyte of RAM and still it was running painfully slow even though it is an original version of Windows and was installed a week ago. Damn, it sucks!

And I noticed one thing that exemplified Apple's integration between the various parts of the OS. When you are logged into Windows Live Messenger and disconnect from the Internet, the messenger gives you an error that the Internet was disconnected. On a Mac, when you disconnect from the Internet, iChat simply signs you out without bugging you about it. However, if the Internet gets disconnected by itself, it gives you an error so that you know you have been signed out involuntarily. Awesome!

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Windows Mail is the crappiest service out there. I don't use it, so why do I have to bother? I've not tried it yet, but since it works with Firefox in Windows, it will work with Firefox on the Mac. In safari it shows the classic version I think.

7900GT PCI-e. Plays most native 2006 PC games at full resolution 1920*1200, but can't power through Colin McRae DiRT at 1024*768. The 8800GTX+C2D X6800 can get 35fps at 1280*1024 (XBOX Port).

People think I'm somehow against Microsoft. They say "Tell me about this and this, with an unbiased view". I'm not against Microsoft. I just think Apple is better. But when it comes to the gaming consoles, I'm pretty much favoured towards the XBOX 360...

Aayush: Don't get me started of those damn balloons..... and they never stop!

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
Does Windows Live Mail allow you POP3 or IMAP access?

Yup, POP, IMAT,MAPI exchange servrer all of them

The computer had a Core 2 Duo processor and a gigabyte of RAM and still it was running painfully slow even though it is an original version of Windows and was installed a week ago

We all know how well you know to use Windows. I hope u did not forget to install the drivers :p

Windows Mail is the crappiest service out there.

Somebody doesn't know how integrated & strong Windows Live services are :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

ballons ... oh im so sorry for some people who dont know how to switch of tips and services ...well those balloons are for salesman who dont know how to use something it makes it easy for them but if those salesmen are so good they can disable them but alas they dont know how to and curse the software :lol:

Top Bottom