The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

Apple Display used to be good in PowerPC days, now they use same LG.Philips Panel as Dell, hardly any difference left.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

aryayush said:
I am going to buy one of them one day though.

Yes you will sure , and i will be buying a better monitor for less price that time whatever the company that may come from, i don't give a damn to brand loyality.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

A Pulitzer award has been dispatched by courier. Congratulations!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

american literature award for whom :? ... :confused:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

@ arya

You are known for making stupid decisions, its no wonder you will go for an Apple Cinema Display,

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

*www.plasq.com - some gr8 graphic applications for the mac ...

goobimama

 Macboy

Thanks for reminding me. I've waited far too long for my invite for skitch to get through.... Will have to do something about it.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

For those who want a Unified look for there Mac, UNO 1.5.2 is out now for Mac OS X 10.4.10

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

It's been out for a while now. Thanks anyway! :)

Fake Steve:

Think Different

*bp3.blogger.com/_pNJFZtinpKY/RqlUbrF6B1I/AAAAAAAABfY/N-ESVhoCxV0/s400/apple+v.+others.JPG

Yeah, it was a good day. Much love to Dear Reader Larry M. who sent in this chart. O mover of bits, O Linux apostate, O gentleman farmer. Zat's right bro. I know who you be. Much love. Peace out.

LOL! Classic. :lol:

Oh, and in case someone hasn't noticed, Apple is flying - soaring high!

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Another Fake Steve note that I just can't resist posting...

This about-face by Dvorak

So loads of people are writing in asking about this recent article by Dvorak in which he admits he's using a Mac and thinks it's a hundred times better than Windows and concedes that's been a big foolish windbag ass-hat Mac-hater, and he's been wrong, and he apologizes, and he prays that someday I can forgive him ... or something like that. So people are asking me, Steve, what do you make of this?

*bp0.blogger.com/_pNJFZtinpKY/RqobxrF6B3I/AAAAAAAABfo/-bWZaQZwXWU/s400/john-dvorak.jpg

You know what? It scares the **** out of me. Because if this frigtard Dvorak now likes our machines, I think we must have done something wrong. Honestly. This idiot has been so consistently wrong for his entire career that we use him as a contrarian indicator. Now he likes us, and I'm afraid this might mean we've jumped the shark or something. Also, as I've said many times, there are a lot of people who we really don't want using our products. No bias or anything; they just aren't right for us. Dvorak is clearly one of them.

So we're watching this very, very closely to see how it develops. With any luck they'll get JD back on his Alzheimer's medicine and he'll regain his senses and start bashing us again.
[Emphasis added.]

This guy just gets funnier and funnier. :lol:

Do you guys know about Hawk Wings?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

A little conversation I had with a forum member on orkut. I had no idea who he was but he knew me very well. He used to be a Microsoft lover, and by extension, an Apple hater. This is what happened.

aryayush said:
Who are you?
akuCRACKER said:
akuCRACKER.. im sorry.. but did neva appritiate ur work in the forums...
aryayush said:
You don't have a Mac.
akuCRACKER said:
aryayush said:
I was thinking you would be him but your attitude towards Apple in the forum made me think that you two cannot be the same person.
akuCRACKER said:
well.. it was b4 i started usin a mac... and that tym i was more of a m$ fan... likin only m$ products...
aryayush said:
Anyway, you see? I was right all along. You bought a Mac and fell in love with it, didn't you! :smug satisfaction:
akuCRACKER said:
yeah ... man... u r cent % correct... its only been a few dayz dat im usin a mac... and to be really honest... theres nuthin like it...

This is an unbiased opinion. This is the opinion that matters. This is a testimonial. I knew it. I was so sure that if one person on this forum buys a Mac, he would admit that we've (goobimama, mail2and, nepcker and me) been right all along. If one month down the line, he has any complaints about his Mac (which he most probably will), that is the opinion people should consider because this guy has nothing to lose and he has no love for Apple or hatred for Microsoft. It is a shame that people on this forum insist on listening to the likes of gx_saurav and iMav.

praka123

left this forum longback

how can you expect ppl brought up in a DOS/Windows scenario appreciates other os?dont you know that M$ is a company which wants to monopolize every mind and soul in the world?coming soon DRM for brain..
people tends to believe what they got is the best solution?this is the case with microsoft windows users too.many are wary of other operating system and always want to sing the song windows is the best.what i want to say is-what is wrong in checking/experimenting with other operating systems not essentially unix-like?for example there is upcoming skyos,reactos etc too.
Microsoft's Mission Statement is "A computer on every desktop" - with the unspoken rider that each computer should be running Windows. Microsoft and Apple both sell operating systems, and both do their utmost to make sure their products get used by the largest number of people: They're businesses, out to make money.

And then there is FOSS. Which, even today, is almost entirely non-commercial.
*linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm
^ hope you mind reading it if tolerance allows.:p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Damn, why oh why I m checking this thread while
being on a date through my phone. :D

I sooooo wanna sit on a computer to give arya & prakash some eye openers :p

damn, must resist kicking the arse of ignorent fanboys :D, already resisting junk food

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
Damn, why oh why I m checking this thread while
being on a date through my phone. :D
... because you've got no life? :lol:

Anyway, please stop the diversion. I wanted to post that conversation because it was something good in favour of the Mac, which is what this thread is all about.

So, has anyone heard of Hawk Wings? Why has Milind disappeared?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

u never admited to the fact that there could be flaws we pointed them out and guess what u accepted and got them published and not even a word of thanks for telling u ignorant salesman abt where ur os lacks and where ur hardware lacks ...

dvorak said:
I'm thinking about it, perhaps I should rethink my use of the word "elegant" when I describe the machine and the way it functions. See, most people use this word because they love the often-gimmicky stuff, such as the bouncing icons and sweep-away window minimizing. It's all very interesting but superfluous
- os x in a nutshell

mac is like a blonde paris hilton to be specific ... its shiny and sexy from the outside but the thing that runs it is all messed up as arya has himself accepted the flaws and got them published lso im wondering havnt u got ur threat mail as of yet if not then sorry digit ur circulation needs more customers :lol:

ok coming back now that u have decided to dilute the topic in an attempt to show that mac is gr8 i guess i wont be held accountable for 'deviating' from the topic ;)

the mac looks good (sahara looks as good - white and white) the os x is shiny and gives a sort of a different feel - a different feel from the windows environment and its in human nature to accept change (mac ui is better than most linux ui) and its this change from windows that makes a lot of people like the mac for the initial period but its once u get over the looks and start to work is when things and opinions change ;) aku likes it good for him he better like it he has paid a stupidly exorbitant amount for it but im sure he also will accept that the flaws we pointed out affect prodcutivity as again u accepted the flaws we pointed and then got them published ;)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Oh, that nutter! Of course you would take him seriously.

dvorak said:
In my opinion, I sense that the OS is more solid than Microsoft Windows, but I cannot say why exactly.
This is OS X in a nutshell. It is impossible to put it in words, but anyone who actually uses OS X is bound to get this feeling that they are using a much superior and well engineered operating system. Both of you, of course, are exceptions.

And would you please stay on topic! Windows is the last thing we want to discuss here.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

aryayush said:
but anyone who actually uses OS X is bound to get this feeling that they are using a much superior and well engineered operating system. Both of you, of course, are exceptions.
sorry dude cant say anyone im one who doesnt ;) and that feeling lasts only for the initial period but then again im happy that u accepted the fact that ur os x has flaws and got them published and consider urself proud of that :lol: kaisa salesman hai ... bolta hai kharab hai par fir bhi kharido :lol:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

iMav said:
aku likes it good for him he better like it he has paid a stupidly exorbitant amount for it
Yeah, anyone who uses a Mac is stupid. We know but thanks for reminding us again. And what a great logic this is, just because you've bought it, you are bound to like it. WOW! I bought a Nokia 6300 recently and the phone sucks and I admit I made a wrong decision. Buying my MBP, however, was the best decision I ever made in my life. It changed my whole perspective. It made me an author. It saved me from Windows.

BTW, I'm going to ignore any other stupid posts you make, so please address them to someone else.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

sry if already posted:
a feature of mac which is non-existent in other systems(correct me if am wrong):
"Dvorak" and other layouts
Computer users also need to unlearn the habit of pressing key shortcuts, ex: Ctrl + C for copy, Ctrl + X for cut, Ctrl + V for paste, on Microsoft Windows). However, some programs and operating systems allow the use of alternate layouts combined with QWERTY shortcuts; for example, Apple's Mac OS X offers a "Dvorak-Qwerty" keyboard layout that temporarily reverts to Qwerty while the Command key is held down.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#.22Dvorak.22_and_other_layouts
Is this holds for mac now also?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

aryayush said:
recently and the phone sucks and I admit I made a wrong decision. Buying my MBP, however, was the best decision I ever made in my life
do i need to say naything more :rolleyes: and add to that the fact that some is really proud about writing something which he claims is biased because he decided to add the flaws (which i might add he was so hell bent to say werent flaws) that some people whose posts he has decided to ignore ... what a apple this guy is

Top Bottom