The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

goobimama said:
How about we have a real world matchup between aayush and saurav? You know, a real fist fight. Or maybe macboys vs winboys...
Nah, I am a follower of Gandhigiri :D. I talk my way out even in the worst of situations like I did in Gurgaon few months back. The last time I had a dual with someone, it was in class 12 after which I try not to loose my temper.

Besides, If me & Arya fight, he will get pwned within 2 minutes:D. Reason is that at the extreme point of our fight, he will throw his Macbook Pro at me which is about 3 KG I guess, & I will throw my CPU (3 KG approx) + TV (cos I my monitor broke so I m using my 21" LG Flatron TV as monitor which is 15 KG approx) + rest of the stuff (2 kg). :D

Also, I have more things to throw at him, he only has one Notebook to throw :D. I got CPU, Monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, modem etc to throw.

Even without that.....oh well, ask neha or batty or anurag or zeeshan or anyone who has seen me in real & my *ahem* hunk looks :D

P.S. - I was over exaggerating. Ahinsa parmo dharam, but agar tab bhi aakal na aaye, Hinsa Uchcha dharam :D

iMav

THe only way arya an beat me is

1) He has to eat kabab parathe for 4 years to get the strength like I have :D

2) Gym for 3 years

3) Ability to run from trouble at the speed of 10km/hr :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

goobimama said:
How about we have a real world matchup between aayush and saurav? You know, a real fist fight. Or maybe macboys vs winboys...
No, thanks! I like being alive. You have not seen me Milind, otherwise you wouldn't have suggested this. :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

muhah ahahahha.....Hai koi Mac ka lal :D

( goes back to Kabab Parathe stall :D)

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

hmm so it didnt Materialized hmm I was planning to print tickets for the over all duel and betting scenario hahahah (u know quick money )

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

and man.. i'd already planned to buy those tickets and sell them in black!! :D :D too bad.. it aint gonna happen now! :(

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

infra_red_dude said:
and man.. i'd already planned to buy those tickets and sell them in black!! :D :D too bad.. it aint gonna happen now! :(

we both are now atleast some thousand $ poorer friend ... i guess .... las vegas bahama's beach .. the ride along sting ray ... and yeah that much awaited chocolate treat from swiss seems like a trillion Kms away ...all gone

dooommmmed !

goobimama

 Macboy

While I was typing in textedit, I accidentally pressed Shift+F5 and out popped a sort of word completing thing (like in the screenshot). I guess it works with any cocoa based application.

*img113.imageshack.us/img113/356/picture10yh3.png
Btw, I was NOT typing what is in the screenshot. I'm not thaaat jobless.

EDIT: Well well well. What do you know. Goobi's suggestion was worthwhile after all. Its been displayed on TUAW's Mac101 tips feature: *www.tuaw.com/2007/07/19/mac-101-shift-f5-autocomplete/
The comments say that even hitting ESC key does the same thing, and it does...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

WOW! That's a new one. Cool, man!

Who knew goobimama could make an actual contribution! :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

Merge multiple PDF's with Combine PDFs 2.1

Mac OS X only: Free utility Combine PDFs does just that - it merges multiple PDF files into one. Drag and drop your PDF's onto its interface, which lets you rearrange and rotate files. When would you need to do this, you ask? At the most unexpected time - like last week, when I tried printing out my Google calendar in month view, which can only be done one page at a time. Combine PDFs was able to take July through December, mush 'em all together and gave me back one GCal PDF file. Handy! Combine PDFs is a free download for Mac only.

Click Here

goobimama

 Macboy

Blatantly copy-pasted from TUAW:*www.tuaw.com/2007/07/20/ive-wins-national-design-award/
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2007/07/220px-jonathan_ive.jpg
It seems like Apple's Johnathan Ive does two things: design great products, and win awards for designing said products. So today's Ive news is of the second order-- at the National Design Awards in Washington on Wednesday, Ive picked up the product design award. According to the Washington Post, Ive was recognized for his work on the iMac, the iBook, and the iPod, but we can't help but think having the iPhone now under his belt didn't hurt either.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

@iMav, thanks for that application!

goobimama

 Macboy

Was browsing through Macworld, when this awesome news hit me.

Gears of War and Unreal Tournament coming to the Mac!
*www.macworld.com/news/2007/07/16/gearsofwar/index.php?lsrc=mwrss
Gears of War, the hit third-person action game, is bound for the Mac along with Unreal Tournament 3, Epic Games vice president and co-founder Mark Rein revealed to Game Trailers.

[blah blah blah]

Rein then added, “Don’t forget, we’re also doing Macintosh.”

“Gears of War is coming to the Mac?” asked Keighley.

“Yes, Gears is going to come to the Mac and so is UT,” said Rein, referring to Unreal Tournament 3.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Nah, not gr8 news. Both Arya & goobi won't be able to play Gears in its full glory on there hardware of Macbook Pro & iMac.

Goobi will need to switch to PC with 7900GT :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

& that was a teasing reply :D

To bad, they both can't upgrade there computer with the time. They need to buy new Mac. On the other hand....to upgrade my 4 years old computer, I just have to buy new CPU, RAM & Motherboard & graphics card

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

gx_saurav said:
I just have to buy new CPU, RAM & Motherboard & graphics card

That adds up to a new computer :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Nah, I can do this in my existing CPU Cabinet, I can use my existing Monitor, existing HDD, existing Keyboard, existing Mouse, existing webcam, existing Audigy LS, existing DVD writer which writes at 16X unlike Macbook Pro or iMac :p

Arya will need to buy a new Macbook Pro if he even thinks of upgrading his graphics card. Atleast Apple could have used the nVidia MXM interface or AMD Axiom

Goobi can't upgrade at all.

This is the very reason I left Apple Mac in 2001 & switched to Windows XP, the flexibility in PC hardware

goobimama

 Macboy

I just have to buy new CPU, RAM & Motherboard & graphics card
Isn't that like a whole new computer?

Anyway, my writer burns at 16x.

Review: iDefrag

Boy did I have the wrong idea about OS X not getting a fragmented disk. Problem occured when I tried to use bootcamp to partition the macbook (12GB for xp), it couldn't. It said something stuff about data not being able to be moved.

I researched this on the net and found that OS X's disk gets a wee bit fragmented, which causes all this hoopla. So I bought this $30 application iDefrag, which comes with an app called CDMaker. Using CDmaker to create a bootable disk, I used iDefrag to defragment my Hard Drive which took like 8 hours (220GB full).

But it was worth the wait. Its almost like I've got a Mac Pro! I just have to think about launching iTunes and its on the screen (a bit of exaggeration never hurt). Photoshop takes 9.56 seconds to launch on clicking the icon.

Its not that my iMac was sluggish in any way, its just superfast now. Now I got to run it on the Macbook to see if bootcamp partitions the disk.

Hope Apple buys this application and includes it in leopard...

if anyone wants more 'info on this app, pm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom