The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ "A highly recoverable file system"? Just cause we macboys don't care about the insides of the system doesn't mean we are dumb losers.

And yes, you can do an on the fly 256bit encryption for the backup.

^^ "A highly recoverable file system"? Just cause we macboys don't care about the insides of the system doesn't mean we are dumb losers.

And yes, you can do an on the fly 256bit encryption for the backup.
If the FS headder is written to multiple locations(or even to an external medium) its possible to ensure that the File System can easily be recovered. You might call it toomuch, but a lingeek is always a geek in every feild. I am also a self confessed Nerd apart from being a geek.

On the fly 256 bit encryption ? Thats age old, based on simple data or passwords. I meant biometric data based encryption. For example, just place your thumb on the biometric scanner pad of your laptop and the thumb print will be used to encrypt the data. Bytes will be re-formed using some complex equations with the biometric data(or the marks in your thumb) being the value of the variable used to decrypt the FS.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ whats your point d00d? people want a place to backup their data.. they dont want startrek gizmos.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Milind is absolutely right. There is no such thing as a "recoverable file system".

You're pretending to be a geek. Weird.

^^ whats your point d00d? people want a place to backup their data.. they dont want startrek gizmos.
I just told about simple to implement stuff that I expected Apple to include.
These very much exist, and just because they are a bit hi tech, does not make them startrek gizmos. Besides, isn't Mac supposed to be the best and most advanced hardware according to apple ? I just want to learn more about this curious little niche product, so I decided to ask questions here. I guess I expected too much from Apple. Any problems in that ?

Milind is absolutely right. There is no such thing as a "recoverable file system".

You're pretending to be a geek. Weird.
I can recover data from an FS if its headder is lost, by placing extra headders for safety.:|

anyway, forget all this sh!t. Whats the point in discussing 2040 products ?:lol:

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I just told about simple to implement stuff that I expected Apple to include.
These very much exist, and just because they are a bit hi tech, does not make them startrek gizmos. Besides, isn't Mac supposed to be the best and most advanced hardware according to apple ? I just want to learn more about this curious little niche product, so I decided to ask questions here. I guess I expected too much from Apple. Any problems in that ?

Can you show us any product which already uses these thing you said which is affordable to common home users?

Can you show us any product which already uses these thing you said which is affordable to common home users?
I told I xpected it from apple, thats all. Don't over do this.

Here is a new topic for discussion:

Panther. Tiger. Leopard. Cheetah. Next what ?

Also, did I tell you about the story where I logged into someone else's machine using my thumb?
I am intrested :-D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I am interested
There's nothing to it. This guy was showing off his lenovo laptop with the fingerprint reader. And I though woah, let me try and see how it rejects mine. Next thing you know I'm logged into his system and can even sign into web pages and such! He disabled that feature since.

As for the next name for the OS, I think it's going to be Lion? Though it could very well be Goobi! :D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^ ^
Even I thought so! Lion is the only Cat family they missed out. OS X Goobi 10.6. Ahh! Sounds cool.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Jaguar already taken :p
Mac OS X Public Beta "Kodiak"
Mac OS X v10.0 "Cheetah"
Mac OS X v10.1 "Puma"
Mac OS X v10.2 "Jaguar"
Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther"
Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger"
Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard"
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mac_OS_X

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok, we can take a pledge. To hell with what Apple names OS X 10.6. We'll call it Goobi.

Any votes for Mac OS X 10.6 "Goobi" ?

goobimama

 Macboy
Killer feature? Sleep! "We at Apple realised that people don't sleep as much, they keep using their macs all the time. So with Goobi, the Mac goes to sleep whenever it feels like you should too, and for long stretches at a time. Buy a Mac, buy sleep"
*This has nothing to do with Goobi the cat sleeping 25 hours a day.

Top Bottom