The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
iMav, jamesbond007 - I've an idea. There are so many US resident members in our forum. We can pay $15 (or whatever amount card you want to buy) via Paypal and ask them to buy us a iTunes Gift Card. It's possible right?

Another Query:
I went to Ritchie Street (One stop hardware, electronics and IT area in Chennai) regarding to buy the iPod AC charger. He showed me two models:
1. Only the plug socket and I can plugin the USB Cable from the iPod directly. Costs Rs 125
2. Another one has that wire right upto the docking/charging base of the iPod. Costs Rs 175

Which one is better? I'm going there again and going to buy. Please advice.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iMav, jamesbond007 - I've an idea. There are so many US resident members in our forum. We can pay $15 (or whatever amount card you want to buy) via Paypal and ask them to buy us a iTunes Gift Card. It's possible right?
in this case i will have to pay up :D i hope u get the point :D

im not sure about the non-apple usb charger and the fact that its cheaper than a normal adapter; but 125 as compared to apple's 3k not sure what it might do ur ipod but u certainly can buy 3-4 of these if they develop a flaw :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I didnt know there were other cheap chargers available when I bought the iPod :oops: or infact I didnt trust them ..I didnt mind spending 1200+ to buy apple iPod charger.. cause I dont want some cheap 200 bucks charger to blow up my 15K ipod. :rolleyes: . the charger is compact and its US Plug fits into our wall socket perfectly ;)

yash

I draw every day
there was even a little glitch.. he had forgotten to sign out of my itunes library, and yesterday, i saw the balance go back up to $12 something from $0.05 so i thought he must have recharged it... but he said he didn't!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL I got a free iPod Shuffle :p , dad uses ipod G5 30GB :p .
Now the problem is the shuffle is not gettings detected in vista :mad: where are i have been using the ipod on vista for last 3-4 months.
its asking for drivers .

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Okay now last thing. $15 gift card means the balance remains $15 forever as long as I dont buy anything and download only free stuff!!

@dr
Good idea but I don't have a paypal account, a credit card and finally an internet bank account!!! :-(

@Charan
I once had a similar problem in XP though. I was using iPod 30gb (which I gifted to a relative) for 40+ days and one day my friend got his iPod. I couldn't get it work I installed Winamp 5 Pro and that helped me transfer songs to his Pod

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
no, i don't think it stays forever. i remember reading the fineprint on his card and it said the validity is like 2 years or so...

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Fine 2 years is not bad for something as low as $15!!
I think I'll ask my friend in us to get me an iTunes Gift Card and also what it the difference between $15 card and $50 card ???

Meanwhile check this out : *lifehacker.com/353327/check-gmail-from-the-couch-with-your-apple-remote

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
can i get a card for $15 use it up in a day and use my account for dwnlding album art wrk for life???

goobimama

 Macboy
Via TUAW
Perian Update! 1.1 Released!

• Major performance improvements
  • TrueAudio, MP1, and DTS audio support
  • Slice-based multithreaded decoding for MPEG-1/2/H.264
  • Apple H.264 now handles AVCHD/interlaced video
  • Compatibility fixes for QuickTime 7.4 and Leopard
  • Objective-C GC compatibility
  • Fixed a crash in Toast
  • Better subtitle rendering
  • Subtitles play during MKV loading
  • Snow support
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

drgrudge

I ws using Burn today. It's very basic and seems prett much as OS X's default burning thing. Going to stick with Toast Titanium.

drgrudge

Thanks for the suggestion. I've the app with me. I'll burn something soon and see how good it is.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I use Toast 8, but Disco is good for some occasional eye candy. It's beta versions used to create a lot of toasters. So be careful.

drgrudge

Hmm... I tried Disco and it good. I don't smoke, but my Mac does. :D It missed some small-small things. Guess I should be back on Toast.

Nevertheless got a slick interface and killer looks. Disco can be used to impress chicks. :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, if you blow into the microphone, the smoke actually flies out. (you have to make some sound while blowing into it). I've tricked many people telling them I've got air sensors on the surface of my screen ;)

---------
This might not mean a lot to those who use the two finger scroll on the trackpad, but if you are at a long PDF or web page, and using the scrollbar jumps the page a little too rapidly, you can hold down Option/Alt and scroll. It reduces the scrolling speed so you can do a very gradual scroll....

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.q

Enough is enough, Mr Lyons. Stop the pretense already.

by Aayush Arya
Feb 08, 2008

I love The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs and have been reading it religiously for the past year. When Forbes’ Senior Editor Dan Lyons was ousted as the author behind the satirical blog, many people had felt that the blog would either cease to exist from then on or wouldn’t be as funny as it used to be. Common sense dictated that any senior employee of a respected magazine like Forbes wouldn’t jeopardize his relationship with the people and companies he wrote about or put his job on the line to entertain a (huge) bunch of blog readers.

*applematters.com/images/uploads/Fake_Steve.jpg

All these doubts were put to rest, however, when Forbes announced that they were thrilled to know that Fake Steve was none other than one of their own editors and took the blog into their fold. They gave Mr Lyons complete license to continue writing for the parody blog uninterrupted and unrestricted. Mr Lyons returned to blogging after a week long break, ”badder than ever” and it seemed that apart from the several Forbes links and advertisements in the sidebar on the right, nothing much had changed. Fake Steve was just as loud and rude as he used to be, the same self centered fake CEO who thought the world revolved around him. Fans loved it, and so did I.

But did he get a little too much freedom? Read more...

[Via Apple Matters]

he he .. then I guess im the first guy in digit .. and that too a non mac user to hold a iTunes Music Store Account :twisted:
I have an iTunes Store account too and I haven't even spent a single penny on iTunes Gift Cards or anything. Milind has a free account too. :)

can i get a card for $15 use it up in a day and use my account for dwnlding album art wrk for life???
For the final time, yes. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.q

I have an iTunes Store account too and I haven't even spent a single penny on iTunes Gift Cards or anything. Milind has a free account too. :)
ok how about first guy in digit to buy songs from itunes store? :D
Looks like azeem also has bought music from itunes ;)

Now my question.
I have 2G shuffle which I got daybefore yesterday, How do I Play music from the first track? when ever I switch on and start to play it plays from where I last stoped playing, which is good, but I also want to go back to the first track , is there any key combination I have to press?

Top Bottom