The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
I think the iPhone is still 16GB cause the 32GB ones don't fit in it's .11" case. It must be having a lot more electronics than the iPod touch which adds to it's thickness. When the 32GB flash memory gets small enough, it will be added to the iPhone (and consequently, the 64GB for the iPod touch ;) )

@gigi: What has 32GB got to do with the camera? That space is important for movies, music and a lot of other stuff. The camera also is not at all poor. Just doesn't have a flash.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
phone with 32 GB.. with a poor cam.. for which god's sake ?
LOL! My Mac's iSight is not too great at capturing print quality pictures either. Should it have shipped with 2GB storage space? After all, the only use for the storage is storing pictures snapped from the onboard camera, right? :lol:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ huh.. u guys want all those space only for uploading and watching movies.. it would have been a huge plus point if the cam was able to capture pictures & record videos at very high resolutions :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oh giga its not their fault they dont know that a fone can be used for recording videos too ;) so for them its not that big a deal ;)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@arya, How can we get Mac membership I mean that .mac account in India, and if we get it, then iTunes store isn't available in India. Then how can we get those album arts??

P.S. I've a solid tagged library, every song tagged.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
1. You don't need a .Mac account to grab that album art.

2. Just an iTunes Store account will do, which is free as long as you either use a U.S. credit card or an iTunes Store gift card.

So basically, ask someone to either buy you a gift card from the States or give you their credit card number. :)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
You know the 32 Gb touch is nice and all. But my personal thinking is that by the time my 160 GB iPod classic dies, there would be 200GB ipod touch. I am keeping my finger on the scroll wheel until then:)

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ I don't think the classic is going any higher. Flash seems to be the next big thing. Soon there will be a 64GB iPod Touch and then a 128GB one to follow slowly but surely catching up to the Classic.

@hellknight: You can get a .Mac account in India. It costs around 4.5k a year (you can also get a 2 month free trial). Although I don't see how this is going to be useful for you :)

You can also use a credit card from any of the 22 countries which have the iTunes store. Though the US store I hear has the best stuff.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Query:
how can I limit internet bandwidth to a system on my home lan ( WiFi ). I am on Dataone H500 plan and I've setup Wifi. Basically there are only three systems connected to my home lan: MacBook, Vaio and PC. Now I want to limit internet bandwidth to Vaio. I need a tool in Mac or some config in WiFi settings

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Does the Album Art cost anything? What other advantage do I have? If the account of the iTunes store has some use to me and going to cost me nothing (or next to nothing); then I might try to get get a USA CC number or something.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The artwork costs nothing and the account costs nothing. The other advantage you have is that you can download the free content that Apple makes available about twice every week. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Does the Album Art cost anything? What other advantage do I have? If the account of the iTunes store has some use to me and going to cost me nothing (or next to nothing); then I might try to get get a USA CC number or something.
No cost at all for Album Arts.

Man ask any of your friend to buy a iTunes Gift card and then open a account from it. there are tones of freebies there.. free music / videos/ podcasts , tuts etc etc ..

drgrudge

^^
Can't I buy iTunes Gifit Card with Paypal? Also is there any validity or is it lifetime? How much does it cost?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, you can't. The PayPal account also has to be funded through a U.S. credit card.

There is no validity. Once you get your foot in, i.e. once you register, it's yours for life.

It comes in three denominations - $15, $25 and $50.

Podcasts are free even for non account holders. :)

drgrudge

^^
Ok cool. I'll ask someone to buy me an iTunes Gift card. :D What is that $15/$50 for? Renting movies, music, etc? Thanks for the info.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Me also interested in iTunes gift card, so does that mean that once I get the gift card I ll also get a lifetime iTunes account and I get to download all the free stuff from iTunes store and Album art ??? Just make this clear for me!!

yash

I draw every day
my friend just bought a 50 dollar itunes gift card at walmart, and he only had to pay 48.something dollars including taxes!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
he he .. then I guess im the first guy in digit .. and that too a non mac user to hold a iTunes Music Store Account :twisted:

Top Bottom