The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

Just wait for a while, Mac OS X Leopard is about to be released. Buy that instead.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

spironox said:
Wohooo I Love This Thread Count Me In I Am A Mac Addict

ahemm i may sound a old and very febble to you guys but there is a slight problem errr .. when i brought my mac book g4 12" i had got some cds with it once i was done with the cd .. i kept it some where and sadly till date no clue to find it .. can anyone help me with getting a orginal cds for OS x Ver 10.3.09 also i need to ask how to upgrade to 10.4.xx as i am not sure how to do that ...

curse on the day i lost the cds

i live in India now can anyone help??

i know its hardware stuff but mac software discussion here is well read all around i guess
Welcome! :)

You have to buy the new OS if you want it. It retails for around Rs. 7,000. I would also advise you to wait till November for the new OS, Leopard.

Meanwhile, you can buy this month's issue of Digit for a Fast Track to Apple. :p

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

so does that mean that its almost like windows(microsoft ) if i buy leopard (mine is a Powerpc processor) then all i have to do is to load it in my system ?? is that simple !! i mean i a using panther and i can just ignore tiger and leap for leopard!!!

getting wobble at my feet's friend....

can i load that leopard with out any issues on my ibook???

even ready to shell out $ for that any

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Yup, you can buy leopard when it releases & install it on the Mac easily

goobimama

 Macboy

Quicktime updated to 7.2.

* Support for full screen viewing in QuickTime Player
* Updates to the H.264 codec
* Numerous bug fixes

Yeah, I know the full screen viewing is a bit late in the game, especially since one will be able to view fullscreen movies using Leopard's Quicklook feature. Still, its an update worth mentioning nonetheless. I'll continue using Quicktime pro though...

Also updated: Itunes 7.3.1 (bug fixes and problem of some not being able to access their library)

News source: Tuaw

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ i think itunes was mainly updated for the iphone :? thats wat i read some whr

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

A bug in iTunes 7.3 causes the "iTunes cannot save library issue (unknown error -50)"

Apple then updated iTunes to 7.3.1 And iTunes was mainly updated due to iPhone(3 days after its launch) :)

New in iTunes

iPhone

iTunes lets you activate your iPhone right from your PC or Mac, then syncs your contacts, calendar, photos, and iTunes content.

iTunes Plus

Get higher quality, DRM-free music. Just $1.29 per song

iTunes U

Free lectures, speeches, sports clips and more from top universities like Stanford and MIT

Apple TV

Watch movies, TV shows, podcasts and more from your iTunes library on your TV.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

spironox said:
so does that mean that its almost like windows(microsoft ) if i buy leopard (mine is a Powerpc processor) then all i have to do is to load it in my system ?? is that simple !!
It is Apple we are talking about. Of course it is that simple.

spironox said:
i mean i a using panther and i can just ignore tiger and leap for leopard!!!
Yes, you can. In fact, you should.

spironox said:
can i load that leopard with out any issues on my ibook???
Absolutely. Don't worry at all. :) When you buy a Mac, you get ease of use for free.

@rakeshishere, iTunes was updated to 7.3 the day the iPhone was launched, not three days after its release. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

sorry mac users i couldnt resist but the abv comments were absolutely like a salesman .... :D (unbiased)

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!

naah sounds helpful in all sense to me

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

... And that's what matters at the end of the day. :)

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

aryayush said:
@rakeshishere, iTunes was updated to 7.3 the day the iPhone was launched, not three days after its release. :)

May be,But I was notified about it automatically on third day:D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

so does that mean that its almost like windows(microsoft ) if i buy leopard (mine is a Powerpc processor) then all i have to do is to load it in my system ?? is that simple !! i mean i a using panther and i can just ignore tiger and leap for leopard!!!

Nope, make sure you backup & note all the license files you have for your applications. Make sure you also get new Leopard compatible versions of your applications cos Mac OS X has no backward compatibility.

goobimama

 Macboy

Oh and in case of installing Vista, no need for backups! It runs perfectly without hiccups! OS X upgrades that I've seen have been so seamless. There's also an "Archive and install" option, where all your old system files are backed up either on disk or somewhere else in case one needs them.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I am not talking about only "OS" upgrade. I am talking about "OS & Application" upgrade. I hope you have installed & updated Mac OS X :). In case you have not...

1) Suppose Mac OS X 10.4 is installed on a Mac with all your apps & they are registered with license files etc.

2) You upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5, guess what, 95% of the applications will break. Reason, those application need to be updated to work with Leopard. So in case you are using some app which u require a lot, make sure an Upgrade for leopard is available before you upgrade to Leopard.

A very good example. UNO 1.51, which works with Mac OS X 10.4.9 but not with 10.4.10 cos well, the application needs to be updated for Mac OS X 10.4.10 as there is no backward compatibility in Mac OS.

Windows also has some problem, but I think you do know that Vista is backward compatible even with Windows 200 "only" apps. When you upgrade a XP System to Vista, don't worry. 95% old apps will be at the old location & all will work fine. If they don't just run them in compatibility mode.

goobimama

 Macboy

Btw, here's a nice article I found. GX would love this!

Five Lesser-Known Tips on Being an Apple Fanboy
*theappleblog.com/2007/07/06/five-lesser-known-tips-on-how-to-be-an-apple-fanboy/

[snipped-off the beginning]
But in the last decade, the Apple world has changed, and we are surrounded by a multitude of people and press who are following Steve Jobs’ every move. What used to be the realm of MacOSRumors is now strutted about in CNET, the Wall Street Journal and the Associated Press. We have open debates about the iPhone, iPod and iTunes in cover stories on Newsweek and Time. And Apple stock is achieving all-time highs, seemingly every day. Rather than root for the old days, I thought I’d add some helpful, lesser-known tips to the new Apple fans among us, so that they can help spread the Macintosh religion.
1. Never Admit Fault With Apple Around Non-Mac People

Is your computer running slowly? Are you seeing application crashes and annoyances? Sometimes it does happen, even on a Mac. If you are experiencing issues, the last thing you want to do is grouse about them in front of a Windows bigot or Linux fan. Even if it’s not the Mac’s fault, they will say, “Oh, I see. A Mac! No wonder…” or some derivative that will only reinforce their opinions. Instead, first, troubleshoot the issue on your own time. Failing resolution, consult with a fellow Mac fan under the cover of darkness, or slink into an Apple Store and have a conversation with a Mac genius. And if it turns out that the issues were due to an older machine, then by all means, upgrade and tell everyone how great your new machine is!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Nah, arya would love these instead :D. gr8 tips on how to sale & impose Mac on noob buyers & users.

goobimama

 Macboy

How about we have a real world matchup between aayush and saurav? You know, a real fist fight. Or maybe macboys vs winboys...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

so finally u have accepted that os x cant beat windows and hence want the supporters to fight then u will say see arya beat gx hence proved os x gives u tann ki shakti mann ki shakti :lol:

Top Bottom