The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Wait, at least, for the Macworld keynote, dude.

@jamesbond007 (since I can see you're online),
What is your name? :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@jamesbond007 (since I can see you're online),
What is your name? :)
My name is Azeem (in short)

I am actually busy these days as my Bro's marriage falls on 25th and 26th jan and hence the reason for my not participating in the discussions for 2 days or so. I am actually reading this thread from page 145 where I left!!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
DAVID POGUE REPLIED TO MY POST!

He said that it was a "good post".

I... can't... breathe...

YAY!! I don't think anything Steve can show off at Macworld can give me as much joy and the wonderful giddiness I'm experiencing right now. :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You have the full right to say, "I told you so". :p

(I'm not replying to your question directly because I don't want to sound like a vain person. :))

Thank you very much for the encouragement, Milind, and all of you as well! :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
man commenting is another thing .... ihe read it :shock: and then commented ... great achievement ...

PS: i think it has much to do with the fact that he needed to clarify something :D but what the hell he did read it and then commented on it

yash

I draw every day
you know the prompt where mac asks you to put password of the admin account? So, since yesterday, around evening, I noticed that the dialog box doesn't already have the name field filled out. And when I enter Yash Gupta and my password, it refuses to accept it! I don't know what's up! Now I can't even update my computer!

I should really be a beta tester for these softwares! Just because I inevitably run into trouble. Doesn't matter if I can fix them or not! I can atleast report them to people who can!

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Why people use a Mac? It may be the raw power, the stability or they may just look rather - cool? Well, both of us know why that really is. It’s the apps! The software that makes the hardware bling, and it’s not necessarily thanks to Apple. Aperture and iCal may be nice, but often we rely on the smaller, even more useful applications.

I tried Cyberduck some time back and it's hands down the best FTP app I've ever used. Neither Windows nor Firefox Extension comes anywhere near it. The thing is they say Transmit is even better! But you can be wrong with the price of Cyberduck.

So far so good. I'm using a cool hardware, best OS, and some of the best softwares. :D Can't get any better! Only in some things, Mac apps lag behind Windows.

yash

I draw every day
Are you using the admin account or a limited one?
Yes, it seems that when I performed a upgrade install, my 'admin' user was turned to 'standard'. Its a known issue and apple support mentions a solution for this.

Try resetting your password using the installer disc.
Ok, I went and resetted the root password, and signed in as root user and made myself an admin again. Thanks for the help.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Glad you got it all sorted out. :)

-----------------------------------------------

The Definitive Matrix of Macworld ‘08 Predictions and Rumors

Please take part in the poll. :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
The Imagine store guy emailed me saying they have some Leopard tees to giveaway. By the time I reached ( the next day ), none were left :(

yash

I draw every day
The Imagine store guy emailed me saying they have some Leopard tees to giveaway. By the time I reached ( the next day ), none were left :(

I'd like to believe there were poor homeless naked people out there who needed the t shirt more than you...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I'd like to believe there were poor homeless naked people out there who needed the t shirt more than you...
so now apple has started following bill gates to philanthropy too or have they thought this is good way to advertise which 1 is it i wonder :rolleyes: :grin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom