The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

yash

I draw every day
My ipod shuffle just died. when I try to play, the green and orange lights blink alternatingly. And when I plug it into my computer, the orange light blinks, which is normal behaviour, but neither finder nor itunes sees it.

goobimama

 Macboy
@y:Not under warranty?

Check in the Disk Utility to see if it's showing there. Also, try it on a Windows PC just in case.

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
yeah, already tried disk utility. No, I bought it in from alfa in mumbai (grey market) about two years ago now... maybe more. its first gen if i forgot to mention that...

goobimama

 Macboy
To all those who don't TUAW it out, here's a nice little app, DiscTop.

We made Disctop to bring a bit of fun in working with your brand new iMac G5, although it can be of use as well, and not only for owners of an iMac. Normally when you insert a CD in your Mac it disappears, but where does it go? They simply pop up on your desktop! After installing Disctop, your inserted CD or DVD slides in from the side and neatly fades back into your desktop picture. Now you always know if there's a disc inside, and what type it is. Of course there are plenty of things to tweak and make Disctop fit your Mac perfectly.

*mekentosj.com/disctop/images/logo2.jpg

Visit Website

It's quite a nice app. And free.

They also have these special wallpapers which sort of show the internals of your mac faded in. So your disc looks like it's actually in there.

*mekentosj.com/disctop/wallpapers/Images/disctop_desktop_imac_intel.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I installed it but it refused to work properly, so away it went. Might give it a try again...

P.S. - These stupid n00bs are not excited about the Expo at all! :p

praka123

left this forum longback
^will develope sprain each time macintoxicated praying to jobs like this : *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif

OK.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/36.gif

goobimama

 Macboy
I installed it but it refused to work properly, so away it went. Might give it a try again...

P.S. - These stupid n00bs are not excited about the Expo at all! :p
Yep. People, don't install it. Lots of people are reporting problems with it (kernel panics!). Works fine on my end though.

As for these n00bs not being excited, yep, you got that right. It's like trying to celebrate christmas in Pakisthan...(No offense to the pakisthanis, just couldn't think of any other state)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If they stick around for the whole year (somehow it seems like you, me, iMav and drgrudge are the only guys who are complete sticklers for this thread), you'll see a lot of excitement at the next Macworld.

They haven't experience one yet so...

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
If they stick around for the whole year (somehow it seems like you, me, iMav and drgrudge are the only guys who are complete sticklers for this thread), you'll see a lot of excitement at the next Macworld.

They haven't experience one yet so...

Give some time to the nOObs man, let them explore their macs first !!!
You, goobi, iMav, dr all began as noobs didn't you !!! So it takes some time for us to catch with you guys. But its gonna happen for sure

As for excitement for MacWorld is concerned, I really don't think there is any good reason for us to jump on feet. C'mn man do we get to watch MacWorld Expo on TV at so and so time ??? Let it happen then we can slowly read on forms!! So why get over excited when we won't be a part of it in any way!!
But yeah we have our fingers crossed!!

Finally some of you should give us the links to MacWorld videos !!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You, goobi, iMav, dr all began as noobs didn't you !!!
Just to clarify, iMav does not own a Mac and drgrudge is very new to it. I was talking about our regular posts in this thread, not our Mac experience. :)

As for excitement for MacWorld is concerned, I really don't think there is any good reason for us to jump on feet. C'mn man do we get to watch MacWorld Expo on TV at so and so time ???
You, my dear friend, have no idea. When the Macworld keynote is happening, the whole Mac community comes alive. There are live coverages of it all over the place (images and text only though) and rampant excitement. Several chat rooms host millions of Mac users and sometimes the message lists scroll so fast that it is impossible to read everyone's messages. Apple Matters, MacUser, Macworld, Mac Rumors, TUAW, Engadget, Gizmodo, Ars Technica, etc. all get in on the live coverage fun.

Last year, I did a live coverage (scroll down to reply #537 and #538) of an Apple special event in this thread itself. I was continuously editing the same post over and over again to post updates. Awesome fun! I won't be able to do it this time, but we'll have a lot of discussion and I don't know about you guys but Milind and I will be jumping around all over the place, worshipping Jobs and Apple and lusting after the new products he is going to announce. iMav and gx_saurav will also join the fun, trying to find flaws with everything.

Wait and watch. Macworld is not something ordinary, dude. It's, as Milind likes to say, the Christmas for Mac users. Just be on the forum on Tuesday from 09:30 PM onwards. :)

I see I am mentioned nowhere !
Yes, you all tend to leave. :(

To mark yourself a permanent spot, you need to cross 100 replies and I see that you haven't. :p

You and jamesbond007 look like you are here to stay though. And yash, of course, keeps popping in every now and then. :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Just to clarify, iMav does not own a Mac and drgrudge is very new to it. I was talking about our regular posts in this thread, not our Mac experience. :)
a further clarification ... i own os x tiger and will soon be getting my hands on the big cat, so most of my posts are based on my experience :)

*yes arya u can curse me as much as u want*

goobimama

 Macboy
I will disagree. Preshit is quite a macboy. Bond is just starting out but is showing a lot of potential I can't say yet though.

Dr is almost a seasoned macboy, even though he's been using the mac for just like two months now.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well Aayush, I have been keeping myself updated with every reply made to this thread. Not replying to every post doesn't mean I am not here, involved at all :)

On some other notes, my Web-designing professor from college might just buy a Mac. I've advised him to wait for the Expo, which is fine for him.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
a further clarification ... i own os x tiger and will soon be getting my hands on the big cat, so most of my posts are based on my experience :)

*yes arya u can curse me as much as u want*
Ahh... dooooood! AFAIK, you have Vista "dunno-what-version" Edition which you got with your Lappy (HP?). You admitted that (just searching will point out the post) that you have a pirated XP. Now you're telling you 'own' OS X Tiger? Leopard on it's way? Can we see the DVD when you lay your hands on it?

I think you're running OS X illegally just to find the flaws. Guess we need to have a cap on your activity in this forum regarding Mac stuffs.

DARK LORD said:
I see I am mentioned nowhere !
Hey, get over it. No big deal. :)

Top Bottom