The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
heyy finally I got that apple !!!

Thanks goobi for your help !!!

BTW what is with you guys no ones posting are you all enjoying your weekends ???

goobimama

 Macboy
Apple discussions follow a pattern. Just before a special event, there are a lot of rumours and such. Then, during the event, there's a dozen posts. And slowly after the event has taken place, the posts sort of reduce, cause everyone has figured out what to do and such. And then comes along the next event.

So worry not, by the end of the first week of Jan, the discussions will be quite rampant...and come 12th Jan (or 15th is it?) it will be christmas for the macboys cause Santa is gonna 'introduce' some presents :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
So worry not, by the end of the first week of Jan, the discussions will be quite rampant...and come 12th Jan (or 15th is it?) it will be christmas for the macboys cause Santa is gonna 'introduce' some presents :)

Whats so special about Jan 12th or 15th and what presents will Santa be giving away ??
Anyways my small wish for santa is a Leopard DVD !!! ;-)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS,
May god bless us all and bless our Macs as well
Hope we all get iPhones this year, as for me I hope to get Leopard first

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
A very happy and prosperous New Year to all of you. Here's hoping for some exciting "one more things" in 2008! :D

(The Mac newbies might not understand what I'm talking about. :p)

jamesbond007 said:
Congrats to me as this being my 200th post, if it weren't for this thread, I'd have taken another year to reach this milestone!!! LOL
LOL! This post inspired me to do a little research. Here are the resulting numbers:

This thread has a total of 2,820 posts, including this one. It is the second largest thread on this entire forum and will become the largest in a day or two because as of this moment, the largest thread is at 2,821 posts, ahead by a tiny little count of a single post.

The most frequent contributer to this thread accounts for 23% (639) of the total number of posts here (which is 17% of his own total post count) and the second highest poster clocks in at a fairly close 19% with 547 posts (i.e. 23% of his meagre total). No prizes for guessing who the two individuals are.

The graph of this thread's rise to fame would close resemble Apple's sales/profits/share price graphs. :p

OK. Enough of the gloating. Back to business now...

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
OH I SEE!:D i am into share market,can i buy apple share(in India)? :D as you said it is growing!also,if i buy a mac,do apple give me their share :?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That's one question I want answered too. Can an Indian investor, residing in India, buy shares of Apple Inc.?

goobimama

 Macboy
I'll check up with my broker on what the situation is. But even then, with apple stock closing in on $200 a share, it's going to be very difficult to find that kind of capital...

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hey arya that is one hell of a research, I guess ours is the no 1 thread now!!
and will always remain that way, well with guys like yourself, goobi, dr, darky I find no reason it shouldn't be!! And guess what unlike most other threads, this one is not a loong list of thank you posts!!!

Queries:
1) Connected Dig Camera to Mac, iPhotos starts automatically and gives me the option to import the photos, I okay and it imports everything to library. Here I wanted iPhotos to give me an option to import the pics to an album.
I have my huge collection of Wallpapers, I copied some of them to hd and chose 'import to library' in iPhotos and they got imported but not organized in to albums. My family pic are mixed with Kournikova in bikini pics and you know its embarrassing !! help me organize!!

2) Kind of similar thing happens in iTunes and I've ended up creating so many duplicate copies my songs and photos !!! Help for organize in iTunes tooo

goobimam linked me to a tut from arya regarging iTunes, that has helped me organize movies in iTunes by creating Reference Movies.

3) How to join .mov movies in to a single movie. How to convert .mov to DivX

goobimama

 Macboy
1) Get iLife 08. iPhoto with events really rocks.

2) In iTunes menubar, in one of the menus there should be "Show Duplicates". Beware that it sometimes shows duplicates even though one may be an album version while another will be a life performance. If the name of the song/artist is the same, it shows it in the duplicates.
If you want to browse your collection via artists and such, hit Command+B to show the browser.

3) Like gx said, you need quicktime pro for that. just open one movie in quicktime, then drag and drop another into the same window and so on. Once you are done, hit file > Save as > Quicktime movie.

Don't get your terms mixed up. DivX is a codec. mov is a container. What exactly do you want to do?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
jamesbond007 said:
Hey arya that is one hell of a research, I guess ours is the no 1 thread now!!
YES, THIS IS THE LENGTHIEST THREAD ON THE DIGIT FORUM! :D

jamesbond0071 said:
Connected Dig Camera to Mac, iPhotos starts automatically and gives me the option to import the photos, I okay and it imports everything to library. Here I wanted iPhotos to give me an option to import the pics to an album.
I have my huge collection of Wallpapers, I copied some of them to hd and chose 'import to library' in iPhotos and they got imported but not organized in to albums. My family pic are mixed with Kournikova in bikini pics and you know its embarrassing !! help me organize!!

2) Kind of similar thing happens in iTunes and I've ended up creating so many duplicate copies my songs and photos !!! Help for organize in iTunes tooo
Milind will be able to help you out with this one. I'm not too much of an organiser myself. :(

I would, however, advise you not to have pictures of scantily clad women in your iPhoto Library - or anywhere else, for that matter. *us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/26.gif

Top Bottom