The Official PlayStation2 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@Krazzy: Thanks for the heads up.Just wanted to know did you complete the game at 100% or just completed the chapters? Because you can complete all the chapters & yet not achieve 100% completion rate.According to the walkthrough the list of things I got to do is way too many.So just wanted to confirm when you say that you have completed the game, Did you achieve 100% completion or did you complete only the chapters?
No I didn't complete all the missions. Initially I used to. But later on in the game I was more intent on seeing the end. So I only completed the minimum required tasks.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Yep that's what I wanted to know.You know I am heading out in the same path as you are but the question still lies as to how can someone achieve 100% completion in a short time.I have seen people completing it in a week 4-5 days flat on IMDB.It's astonishing or may be I need to get the basics right for the Rockstar games.:rolleyes:

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Completing tasks is easy, but just like in real life, they feel like extra work that you don't really want to do. Some of them are quite fun actually. My memory is really betraying me right now and I can't seem to remember anything about the game. I guess I should take it out for a spin once again. It's been a long time since I played it.

razorBlades

Right off the assembly line
If you are close to Borivali then there is a shop where I got my modded console from perhaps they would be able to help you out.I think he has contacts with the service centres & knew about modding too.If you want I'll PM you their number & you can drop them a buzz & confirm the same.I suppose mine is the Matrix Infinity mod chip.Let me know if you need the number.:)
hey dude.. I recently bought a PS2 from ALFA.. the un-modded one.. I need to install the chip.. cant wait to play games on it.. I have around 20 dvd's and can't play a single game :(:(:(:(:(:(:evil::(

Could use the phone no. of the guy whom u got ur chip from. BTW I stay in Andheri.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Guys, Please don't use MOD Chips. Give space for Small developers. Who are fearing to enter the game market. Because of this $hit. So, Only purchase a legit one. And enjoy the Manual, OST(if they provide), Technical support, Online multi player support. Be a true gamer.

Thanks

More over a ps2 game barely costs 699/- or 499/-. We shouldn't bother buying it.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Now no new game launches are scheduled for PS2. The only games coming out will be continuation of sports title. And GH games will also continue to be coming out on PS2. And considering all this developers, I dont think they are 'small'.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Dude, i am not taking about only ps2, but in a wider sence. Do you think piracy in PC software or games will be a big blow to samll developers. If our budget does not allow us to purchase games, we should be sufficiant about what we are getting(Free Ware). Well this is purely my personal openion.

blademast3r

In the zone
hey guys im thinkin bout buyin a ps2 now..its ocsts bout 6.5 k here... is it rilli worth it?? im a casual gamer...nd do i need to buy the memory card also?? suggest sm good games

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Really worth it? Yes it is. If you cannot afford next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 or the PS3 then yes this will be a good alternative for casual gaming. The new titles coming out for the PS2 won't be that bright as it's almost on it's last legs now. But you'll have a truckload of titles which you can play from last couple of years. You'll definitely need the memory card if you want to save your progress. So it's a must buy.

I would recommend getting:
God of War I & II
Resident Evil 4
All of the Prince of Persia series
Ratchet & Clank series
JAK series
Burnout Revenge
Tekken 5
WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain
James Bond: Everything or Nothing
Jamed Bond: From Russia with Love
Destroy All Humans
Devil May Cry series
Shadow of Rome
Shadow of Colossus
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
BLACK
Bully
Timesplitters 2
FIFA Street II
Batman Begins
Metal Gear Solid series
Yakuza 1 & 2

And lots more.

blademast3r

In the zone
Ah thanks fr that..cud sm1 tell me bout the memory card thing... do i NEED mem card to play the games??? as in save them or smthin...fr every game? how much do they cost??

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Playstation 2 memory card is an add-on accessory which allows you to save your PS2 game progress on it. It comes in 8MB, 16MB, 32MB & 128MB sizes. Out of these only the 8MB memory card is officially supported by Sony. The rest are sold by different companies & are not guaranteed to be supported. Anyway in India you'll find the 8MB card to be the most common one. The price is around Rs.850 for the original one & Rs.450 for a fake one.

It's not mandatory to have a memory card. You can play every game without a memory card too. It's only if you want to save your game progress. You will need it for sure unless you plan to complete every game in one session. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom