The official IPL Thread

Official IPL Poll: Whom Are You Supporting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamifahad

Broken In
there is no problem with cricket here...deal with sponsor..likes of srk,ambani, vijay idiot mallaya...tell these ppl to do something for country. contribute for the development of socio-economic difficulties of country.

nyway DC- 58/2 Overs 6.1 symonds going great guns.

jxcess2

Banned
why the hell is vvs laxman opening :mad: ? shameless guy wants "footage" so he can appear in more ads; nevermind if he sidelines other talented players. This is why I hate indian cricketers.

digi23

Broken In
DC goin very well and near to 200 runs mark.Superb 100 from symonds...DC will win today.186/4 from 17.3 overs

Who

Guess Who's Back
I know RR has to chase a big score today, but i know they will reach it , also i won't change my support if they win or lose, also it would look like i am some Politician :D

Dhakkan Chargers jeetegi!!
Symonds clobbered the bowlers all over the park,VVS Laxman sucked as ever,LOL!
Pathan on fire!who knows what might happen.

jamifahad

Broken In
Laxman sucks...symonds sucks...gilchrist sucks...

bottom line: DC SUCKS! hahaha. I am supporting underdogs Rajasthan Royals..all the way.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Laxman sucks...symonds sucks...gilchrist sucks...

bottom line: DC SUCKS! hahaha. I am supporting underdogs Rajasthan Royals..all the way.
Yeah, They've been underrated by almost everyone....As I had said earlier, don't underrate them, They can backfire and this is what they did......

As far Laxman is concerned, give the captaincy to Gilchrist, he'll make DC win.....But this won't happen.....

jamifahad

Broken In
did u guys see that? Ian bishop pushed laxman away...y? coz he STINKS!

gilly as captain wont make ny difference. his captaincy record aint very good.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
did u guys see that? Ian bishop pushed laxman away...y? coz he STINKS!

gilly as captain wont make ny difference. his captaincy record aint very good.
Atleast Gilly understands T20 better than Laxman.........

Anyways, I Afridi rocked today if bowling is concerned. He could have got 4 wickets....with 3 wickets in 4 bowls......
I think Afridi is the perfect T20 player. Good at bowling and when it comes to hitting, he can be the most devastating hitter of the ball though he hasn't shined much in batting in T20......

Dipen01

Youngling
A good article to read..

*content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/347477.html

An excerpt from cricinfo after todays match :-

The Deccan Chargers just can't seem to get it right, this is their third consecutive loss. It was a gamble giving Symonds the last over and ironically, the man who biffed 117 actually ended up losing the game for them.

But that's the beauty of Twenty20 isn't it? You never know what's in store. Warne deserves credit for keeping a cool head and those back to back sixes were unforgettable. Now for the first time in the IPL a team has failed to defend a score of over 200.

Siddhartha Vaidyanathan cuts in with this observation: "Symonds bowling, Gilchrist keeping .. but it's the old fox who wins it with the bat."

Yup, the Aussies are everywhere. Time to rename this as the APL (Australian Premier League).

Here's Warne at the presentation: "These guys have a lot of skill. We thought 200 was a very gettable score. We've got great team spirit. It was a fantastic knock by Smith, to come out and play like that after just joining the team."

Andrew Symonds: "I've probably bowled the worst last over in Twenty20 history. Twenty20 is good for the game but not for the ego." Poor Roy, you have to feel for him. He looked quite dejected.

jamifahad

Broken In
*content-ind.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/347487.html check tis out guyz...most of the international players are leaving ipl to play for their country..

Least affected will be RR. All the more reason to support RR.

Who

Guess Who's Back
I know RR has to chase a big score today, but i know they will reach it

I don't want to say this but i have to , didn't i tell you ? when times were bad, hope can guide you through the victory , i will be supporting RR win or lose because when this tournament ends, RR will have made many young players into great players.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man of the match was Yusuf Pathan.....

I guess many people don't know about Yusuf as they haven't seen him playing in the international arena. He is a hard hitting all-rounder, like Afridi.

And, there are many players like Abhishek Nayar (Mumbai Indians), Yusuf Pathan (Rajasthan Royals) and Manpreet Gony (Chennai Superstars) who aren't that well known, but are playing good and can actually be match winners. So, I must say that we shouldn't underrate and overrate any team.

Dipen01

Youngling
^
Besides after Foriegn players leave for thier respective assigments.. Rajasthan is one team who is only getting stronger as no-one is leaving and Yousuf and Sohail Tanvir are coming back

Kolkota will be hit badly and Although Deccan chargers are already doing worse with Australians, God knows what will happen to them when they leave. On the bright side for them Gibbs will be available soon..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom