The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Maddox Strikes back

*duggmirror.com/apple/The_iPhone_is_a_piece_of_****_and_so_is_your_face/?u=iphone

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya os x cant have bugs ... it can only hav features :D

good to see u back gx ;) ... power of democracy can over rule dictatorship :twisted:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iPhone freed from contractual obligations

The iPhone is easily the most talked about piece of consumer electronic for 2007. For such a popular and mainstream product, the iPhone is surprisingly inaccessible with the requirement of a two-year activation contract with AT&T totalling more than $1,400. However, it would only be a matter of time before phone hackers would find a way around that.

The group iPhone Dev Wiki has discovered a way to partially unlock the device so that it will work with any AT&T or Cingular SIM card without the need for the exclusive new contract, details a post made on Gizmodo.

The iPhone hackers have apparently spent days disassembling firmware within the device in hopes of completely opening access. Although the iPhone may now run outside of the exclusive contract, the phone is still dependent on the AT&T network. What the hackers have accomplished is to allow the iPhone to run on any previous contract, including those on corporate accounts.

“Using iASign, you'll be able to activate existing AT&T and Cingular Sims without signing a new contract,” wrote the hackers on the Wiki page. The hackers added that they have confirmed the hack to also work with virtual operators such as 7-11 wireless.

“As a side note, we'd like to clarify that we are not even close on giving up the full unlocking, as reported on some websites. We're still up and running, but we won't comment on a possible time line. If the unlocking is possible we'll eventually find it, so stay tuned,” the Wiki page update concluded.

Detailed on HackTheiPhone.com are 18 steps in hacking the iPhone to accept other SIM cards. The process documented requires iTunes and an Intel-based Mac.

Earlier this month, the iPhone was hacked to expose full console access, allowing for file transfer. Other hacks include brute-forcing the iPhone's internal system passwords and the ability to activate parts of the iPhone without going through AT&T.

din

Tribal Boy
hemant_mathur said:
Is there any site listing all the pros and cons of the iPhone ?

This is an exclusive "List all problems of iPhone without seeing it in real" thread. Mostly listing all negative points, problems and features that are missing.

If you want to read some unbiased reviews by some people "really used" the phone, do not waste your time here in thinkdigit forum. You will not find any good thread that lists all pros and cons of iPhone.

There are a lot of good reviews that lists pros and cons out there, google for it.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
“A Great Mobile Phone”

Calling its user interface “simplicity itself,” Bob LeVitus (Houston Chronicle) praises iPhone. “It’s easier to use than any phone before it, and it introduces a fantastic new feature known as “Visual Voicemail,” which lets you browse through all of your voice messages on screen and listen to them in any order.” As an iPod, LeVitus adds, iPhone offers “the best video functionality ever in an iPod. Everything — movies, TV shows, photos, video podcasts, and album art — looks absolutely fantastic on the high-res display.” And “speaking of screens, iPhone’s is huge, gorgeous, and touch-sensitive,” providing “rich, deeply saturated colors at an ultra-high resolution which adds up to a sharp picture.”

“Serious Business Apps Arriving for iPhone”

According to David Needle (internetnews.com), customers of NetSuite’s “on-demand, integrated business management applications” are already using iPhone to take advantage of its web-based services. It was “Apple putting Safari on the iPhone [that] made it a simple process” for the company to extend service to iPhone customers, says Sean Rollings, NetSuite’s senior director of product marketing. Using the built-in Safari browser, says Rollings, “ ‘salespeople will be able to get a lot of their work done on an iPhone. You have the ability to check inventory for the availability of a product and get an answer in real time.’”

Owners Overwhelmingly Happy with iPhone

“iPhone buyers have no regrets,” says Edward C. Baig (USA Today). Baig spoke with Jason Kramer, the chief strategy officer of Interpret, a market research firm that conducted a survey of recent iPhone purchasers. The study found that “90% of 200 owners said they were ‘extremely’ or ‘very’ satisfied with their phone. And 85% said they are ‘extremely’ or ‘very’ likely to recommend the device to others.” The findings, says Kramer “are ‘pretty much off the charts.’”

The Most Successful Product Intro of the 21st Century

“Apple’s iPhone could emerge as the most successful product introduction of the 21st century, new research suggests.” Conducted by Lightspeed Research, “the research findings are staggering,” reports Jonny Evans (Macworld). “Nearly 90 percent” of the respondents had heard about iPhone, and 32% of those who didn’t already own one intend to purchase one. In a separate survey, Lightspeed Research also learned that “nearly half of those who would like to own an iPhone stated that the benefits of having music, movie, internet and wireless all in one was the top reason.”

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
but the iphone sucks i herd people wating outside he apple store and making camps! those people are insane crazy

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ arya

Ah! still trying to justify iPhone by copy pasting links from all over the net :D. Thats called loyal idiocity. :D

This just in, iPhone Nano in works

This was bound to happen. Whose gonna buy such a useless & expensive phone.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The amount of forced enthusiasm you have for a commercial product is directly proportional to how big of an as5hole you are. - Maddox

technoraja

Right off the assembly line
My God was it so bad I liked to get my hands on it but I think itz time to say bye to my dream. Thank you for that info....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iPhone's Security Breached Loading Web Page, Complete Control Over Data and Calls

Right after the first Hello World app, the New York Times is now reporting that security firm Independent Security Evaluators has discovered the first flaw in iPhone's security, taking "complete control" over all data and call capabilities by using a simple Web page, apparently just loading it and without any user intervention whatsoever. Video demonstration after the jump

url

the point id like to make here is not that the iphone is vulnerable but the famed os x that the salesman was jumping around and also more than once said that i want to buy the iphone coz of os x is vulnerable if the hackers train their eyes there ...

PS: so please anti-MS mac sales executives stop bragging abt ur OS's security it is as vulnerable if not more

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/breaking/iphon...mplete-control-over-data-and-calls-281190.phpthe point id like to make here is not that the iphone is vulnerable but the famed os x that the salesman was jumping around and also more than once said that i want to buy the iphone coz of os x is vulnerable if the hackers train their eyes there ...

PS: so please anti-MS mac sales executives stop bragging abt ur OS's security it is as vulnerable if not more

1st he is not a sales executive :D, he is not even a salesman yet, Still trying to get the job in Apple Store.

2nd, the first rule of marketing : Show the customer what he wants to see, covered in a good UI. Apple threatens those security firms or white hat hackers who find flaws in there OS, so that people stay unaware that Mac OS X has flaws, while Apple can mock Windows like "114000 Virus on a PC". Apple knows that the only thing they have is a good UI which sales, nothing functional. I wonder what Macboys use when they get a Job in Mumbai Stock exchange.

3rd, Lolz :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
Apple threatens those security firms or white hat hackers who find flaws in there OS.....
believe it or not, but what is said above is true. i've read that numerous times (of corz thru credible sources) that ppl who've found exploits in mac os haf been threatened... many haf got not jus plain jane threats but death threats too! i'm not posting this or claiming this or referring to this point as right now i don't haf the links to these. but nevertheless jus mentioning it as i've myself read it. i know ppl will flame me for this.

secondly, jus look at the video posted here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63668

it seems opera is quite optimistic abt java support in iphone. listen to the last few lines.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ Anirudh

What r u saying, u r lieing, Apple doesn't do that. Steve Jobs is God, he is El jobso, he can't be wrong. Steve Jobs said JAVA sux, means JAVA sux.....didn't the salesman tought anything :D

Just plane lies spread arround by Windows & Linux users. Apple can't do anything wrong.

[/sarcasm]

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wondering why the salesman is refraining from replying here ... oh yes he already has his foot down his throat :D and
unpaid apple salesman said:
Can't you see all this is just jealousy because these guys did/can/could not buy Apple products for whatever reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom