The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ arre i will say 6600 with the numerous third party applications much better in productivity;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Activate Your iPhone Without Contract Using som software that starts with an 'i'

Now this is the easiest way to activate ur 6th gen wi-fi enabled touch screen ipod ....

presenting a software thats patches the device to use without having an at&t pack ... search the net for it ...

gizmodo

thanx charang :D

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
iMav no offence but... Didnt you just posted a Patching trick!!! remember what hapend to gx :s

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Apple falls on lower then expected iPhone sales
Written by Nermin Hajdarbegovic
Wednesday, 25 July 2007 09:14

AT&T claims 146 thousand on first weekend

AT&T got 146 thousand new subscribers during the first weekend of iPhone sales. The number is impressive, but it's far lower than the first estimates which ranged from 500 to 700 thousand. Since AT&T is the exclusive iPhone distributor, these numbers should paint a very accurate image of iPhone sales.

Investor's weren't pleased either, and Apple shares dropped around 4 per cent yesterday. It's nothing unusual to see inaccurate estimates, but it looks like the analysts really did a lousy job on this one. They're only human, and as such they are not immune to FUD and hype.

All things considered, even this is a good result, since Apple and AT&T managed to sell 146 thousand phones at $2000 a piece in just a weekend.

*www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2122&Itemid=1

Apple seemed to be way too optimistic abt their pricey phone:D

goobimama

 Macboy
First weekend = 1 and half day.

AT&T had their system flooded so most people couldn't activate their phones even after 5 days. There's also the fact that these activations do not include the earlier AT&T customers, many of whom went in for the iPhone.

Leaving that aside, I hope that they don't do so well in the US so that there's surplus and they start dumping them phones in India for a cheaper price. Me wants one!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iPhone Can Now Serve Web Pages, Run Python, Open Source Apps

hacker NerveGas and the people at #iphone-shell have built Apache, Python and other Open Source apps for the iPhone. Yes, your iPhone can now be a Web Server and do all sort of 1337 things. This also means that third-party applications for iPhone will happen no matter what. People, Doom could be just around the corner.

The working installations, created using iPhone-hacking-genius Nightwatch's toolchain, include a working Apache installation, Pytho and "a growing binary kit including routing tools, vim, curl, and much more." The binaries can be downloaded from the iPhone Web Wiki web page, but keep in mind that these are only indicated for technical-oriented people, not consumers.

Source

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^So now this proves iPhone can do much more then what was on the paper. Only thing is that apple didnt want to give these features. Im wondering if apple deleberately kept these features off from iPhone.

hmmm I feel something fishy here.. Create a phone and lock out all its features.. let the users buy it . Later after a few months add some more (Read "unlock" ) features and sell it again with the tag "MORE FEATURES" . This is pure marketing trick.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
“As time passes, the iPhone is still a gem.”

“I’m closing in on 30 days as an iPhone user and am still impressed,” reveals Bob LeVitus (Houston Chronicle). Now his “one and only phone,” he uses “it all day for music, telephone, Internet access, contacts and appointments, and I have yet to run out of juice before 9 p.m.” Levitus enjoys the map application and thinks the “built-in Safari Web browser is terrific. When the TV commercials tell you iPhone offers the real Internet, they’re not kidding.” In fact, LeVitus confesses that “after living with this review unit for almost a month, I can’t imagine living without one. So when the review unit goes back to Apple, I’m buying one.”

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@charan

obviously, this is how Apple extorts comsumers & salesman justifies this by saying "whats the problem in paying high price? Just look at the UI,it looks so cool" :D

iPhone has no JAVA & MMS & arya said those features are bad, cos Jobs said so. However if tomorrow apple provides these feature Salesmen will be the first one to say " they were always going 2 be relesed, thanx 2 Apple. now buy what should have been thr for free"

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no vdo recording & a2dp are most stupid 'features' that jobs could have come up with welll its all in the name of innovation

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Wait a minute!!!!... If apple says "Real Internet Experience" how many webpages can it load? I hope atleast javascrits work in that. Our own Digit forum uses javascripts. and sorry to ask but does safari support anykind of flash plugin? ok I know that one can watch youtube videos but I feel its a completely different application and not on safari browser.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
those are not needed to surf the internet those are useless web technologies that shouldnt exist :D

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
Safari has no support for Flash or JAVA.
Javascript is supported

I want to browse youtube on safari's 'REAL INTERNET" :D .

iMav said:
those are not needed to surf the internet those are useless web technologies that shouldnt exist

Yea those are really outdated we dont need it. Safari supports "REAL INTERNET" :D I can browse static HTML pages all day long :D

iMav said:
no vdo recording

Who needs video recording? I dont want, I will take pictures of the happy moments of my family I dont want to record a video for that :p . thats enough for me , may be if my brother is also in the same place he might take a video shot of that in his 6000 bucks Samsung E250 phone.

I dont want to send all those photos I took to my friends through MMS.

But yea my pocket will have a huge hole. But I will have a BIG GRIN :D on my face .... Just Look at ..... ok forget it .

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ Charan...nah U can't send pics or files taken from your iPhone to any other phone via bluetooth. It will copy to iTunes library only, & can't be shared like a normal picture does. :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, you can't share files with iPhone over bluetooth to any phone or other iPhones.

The only thing you can use the bluetooth in iPhone is for the handsfree. It will not even sync with computer over bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom