The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Re: First review iPhone = iUseless

You have to activate through iTunes is a good thing because it takes away from the rush at the shops? Bloody hell...you actually believe this stuff is good Arya?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

faraaz said:
You have to activate through iTunes is a good thing because it takes away from the rush at the shops? Bloody hell...you actually believe this stuff is good Arya?

Q: Difference between a Nokia N73/W960i & iPhone
A: You don't need to have access to a computer to use a Nokia N73/W960i. These are self contained devices which you can use with or without computer.

You cannot use iPhone if you don't have access to a computer. You will need to make an iTunes account & activate iPhone it using iTunes.

In U.S. of A this might not matter much cos computers are easily available. But in India iPhone fails again.

spynic said:

Eggjactly :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

People who do not own a computer are not the target market for the iPhone. If they have $500 to spare, they would have bought a computer first. Also, you do not need to have a computer either. Just take your iPhone to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store and they'll activate it for you.

@rakeshishere, the sales target is ten million units by the end of 2008.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

aryayush said:
@rakeshishere, the sales target is ten million units by the end of 2008.

Whatevr is the Figure...(Like I give a Damn):D ...Everyone just got to wait & watch:p

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
People who do not own a computer are not the target market for the iPhone. If they have $500 to spare, they would have bought a computer first. Also, you do not need to have a computer either. Just take your iPhone to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store and they'll activate it for you.

Umm.....I will not talk about India here, we all know how many genius bar & Apple stores Jobs opened here. :D

Hey Arya, my maths teacher in TIME has a N73 ME but no computer at home, he just have a computer in office & that too for office. Still he uses his Phone for everything including Yahoo & Hotmail, & Yahoo Messenger + PPT/DOC/PDF reading. So, isn't N73 ME way better then iPhone which costs a lot more then N73 ME, & iPhone still won't work without computer.

Another reason not to buy iPhone.

goobimama

 Macboy

Add New Ring Tone image file in iTunes 7.3

A nosy -- but helpfully so -- reader scrounged around the iTunes package files and discovered an image in the Help directory (/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/iTunes Help/gfx/) called "ringtone.gif." The image is a plus sign next to a bell -- add a ringtone, anybody? This helps confirm disputed reports that you can actually add custom ring tones to your iPhone.

For the record, this doesn't mean the feature actually exists (yet) in iTunes -- just that it's likely, if not now, then in a future update. Guess we won't know 'til 6ish tonight.

*www.tuaw.com/2007/06/29/add-new-ring-tone-image-file-in-itunes-7-3/

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Read this on Engadget. However this can also means that ring tones will be sold by iTunes music store. It is already a proven fact that we cannot set our own mp3 as ring tone, so the only explanation for this feature is that Apple will sale the ring tones & won't provide it for free. Since it shows "iPhone ring tone File", I guess it will be some propriety form of midi or au.

This still doesn't proves or explains why iPhone cannot use mp3 ring tones.

This just in, iPhone comes without a wall charger or Bluetooth headset. Bluetooth headset costs $130 more & the dock for PC connection alone comes for $50

This means if you buy iPhone, make sure you buy the $50 dock atleast or you can't charge it :D.

Again, abe iPhone main hai kya?
Salesman: Just look at the UI, it looks so cool.
What about features & work
Salesman: Just look at the UI, it looks so cool.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

man why wont this baldy give us wall chargers ... no wall charger for the ipod and now not even for the phone ... a phone w/o wall charger ... hasnt jobs ever used a cell fone :x

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Nope, apparently he has only used the iPhone :D. Not to make it complex for users he just took iPod Video + Nokia 1100 & a TouchScreen UI.

If we make a chain of events it goes like this. :D

Today is the iDay, when people are making iLines outside all the Apple iStores to but the iPhone after hearing the iHype.

They will be forced to use the iPlan after which they will be tide with a AT&T iContract for two years. They have to pay 500 i$ at least & after purchasing they must get an iTunes Music store account whether they use it or not & activate it using iTunes.

They can use all there iPod music in iPhone too as long as the iContract & iPlan is valid.

They can only run the Web based iApps which will not run if you are not connected to iNet using EDGE or WiFi.

Apple uses the revolutionary iTouch based interface which doesn't work with any Stylus out there. If you need to enter anything you need to iType using the iKeyboard in iPhone, there is no handwriting recognition either.

:D

Last edited:

assasin

Banned

gx_saurav said:
he just took iPod Video + Nokia 1100 & a TouchScreen UI.

if that had been the case then Jobs wud hav included a wall charger cuz even the Nokia 1100 comes with a wall charger.
i think Jobs was so busy looking at t6he icool iinterface that he forgot to include a wall charger.:D :D

vaithy

In the zone

I still couldn't fathom out who is crazy the Americans who are camping out of Apple stores with their wallets,credit cards, or the people who are discussing such a costliest worthless item, in this forum??!!
with regards,
-Vaithy

The other one

vaithy said:
I still couldn't fathom out who is crazy the Americans who are camping out of Apple stores with their wallets,credit cards, or the people who are discussing such a costliest worthless item, in this forum??!!
with regards,
-Vaithy

Those who dont have the 'thing'(confidence) to impress the opposite sex, need such gadgets. And the people impressed by such stuff are just the right type for them . :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Those who don't have atractive 'Assets' to impress the opposite sex(actually all you need is good heart, physical form does not matter), need such gadgets. And the people impressed by such things are just the right type for them .
Eggjactly :D

Hey, that makes me wonder why Macboys wants it :D

P.S. - Pun intended

Last edited:

The other one

Hey , Mr saurav . I took only 30 secs to edit my post to make it lighter to read , but you already quoted me .

yeah pun intended , but taking names directly to make fun is as bad as the PC v/s Mac ads. Not a good impression. If you dont follow Apple , then why follow their crap advertising theme of directly taking names. :D

i too am not a big fan of Aryayush , but this type of stuff is not ok . But if you both have good chemistry between you people then its ok. :p

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt

looks like my w810i is waaay better than the iphone....

it has everything that i need n more.......

it only lacks...

Just look at that UI .. it soo cool....
:D :D

goobimama

 Macboy

They have never given wall chargers with their iPods. Why start now? And why highlight the Bluetooth accessory in bold? You didn't seriously expect them to bundle along a bluetooth headset along with the iPhone did you?

That being said, it is true, Americans are kind of stupid...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

goobimama said:
They have never given wall chargers with their iPods. Why start now?
Because a wall charger is a standard accessory which comes with every chargeable electronic gadget. It should have been included with iPod too, just that by doing this Jobs would have lost a way to extort money.

Umm...no dock, no USB Cable, no Wall charger, how the hell is someone supposed to charge the iPhone 4 times in a day :D. Goobi, you can't be serious if u say that not bundling a charger (USB or Wall) is a good thing.

And why highlight the Bluetooth accessory in bold? You didn't seriously expect them to bundle along a bluetooth headset along with the iPhone did you?
Simple, it was for highlighting the point.

That being said, it is true, Americans are kind of stupid...
Behold, I present you the iLosers waiting outside the iStores for the iPhone in a big iLine.

Taken from Engadget.

Engadget said:
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/06/apple1.jpg

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/06/apple3.jpg

AT&T store, Montague St. Brooklyn, 12:42PM EDT - Some dude just drove by in a car shouting "iPhone sucks!" at everyone in line. Yes, but does Dumbledore die?

San Francisco Apple Store, 10:14AM PDT - A UPS truck pulls up to the end of the line and the driver yells: "I've got iPhones!" The people at the back of the line are nonplussed, with a Google employee sitting nearby shooting back: "No-one believes you!" That didn't stop his buddy from running off after the truck after it turned the corner towards the Apple Store though.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/06/stanford-shopping-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom