The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
goobi wat the hell are u talking man ... a bloody cordless comes with a wall charger ... wall chargers are given with every cell fone ... even the cheapest cell fone comes with a wall charger ... even the costliest cell fone comes with a wall charger .... goobi i thought jobs has never used a cell fone ... i think even u havent

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
iMav said:
goobi wat the hell are u talking man ... a bloody cordless comes with a wall charger ... wall chargers are given with every cell fone ... even the cheapest cell fone comes with a wall charger ... even the costliest cell fone comes with a wall charger .... goobi i thought jobs has never used a cell fone ... i think even u havent

Yeah i was thinin the same. Even if it doesnt come with a charger ............the price for new sucks :confused:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Avtar you forgot, Indians are not idiots.

Ok, there are exceptions indeed :D

It is out now & in the hands of real reviewers unlike those 4 Apple hired reviewers few days ago.

Anandtech dissected the iPhone. These guys will open anything.

Warning : Site is getting hammered.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Kenshin said:
Tats the silliest thing said.....
:D Nope, it seems like Jobs thought bundling a Power Adapter will confuse people that what to do with it. Since every iPod & iPhone user will have a computer & they will work on there computer 24/7 so they can charge by connecting to the computer.

Obviously they never leave home so why confuse someone by bundling another wire with iPod/iPhone which they will never use cos they won't go out. If they want it they can buy a charger for extra money which every other manufacturer bundles for free. :D

Anyway, according to the*www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=3025 iPhone package it comes with the following things included in the box.

iPhone
Wired Stereo Headset
Dock
Dock Connector to USB 2.0 cable
USB Power adapter

They do bundle Power adapter with iPhone. See, using the Dock & Dock Connector to USB 2.0 cable you can connect the iPhone to computer just like our current SE Data cable. For the wall charger, you simply plug the USB Side of the cable to the wall connector.

Technical specification iPhone

ZOOMG...iPhone comes with a power cable, all hail the generosity of El Jobso

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

The thread has been renamed to 'The official iPhone thread'. So why isn't it in Mobile Monsters?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
:D Nope, it seems like Jobs thought bundling a Power Adapter will confuse people that what to do with it. Since every iPod & iPhone user will have a computer & they will work on there computer 24/7 so they can charge by connecting to the computer.

Obviously they never leave home so why confuse someone by bundling another wire with iPod/iPhone which they will never use cos they won't go out. If they want it they can buy a charger for extra money which every other manufacturer bundles for free. :D

Anyway, according to the*www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=3025 iPhone package it comes with the following things included in the box.

iPhone
Wired Stereo Headset
Dock
Dock Connector to USB 2.0 cable
USB Power adapter

They do bundle Power adapter with iPhone. See, using the Dock & Dock Connector to USB 2.0 cable you can connect the iPhone to computer just like our current SE Data cable. For the wall charger, you simply plug the USB Side of the cable to the wall connector.

Technical specification iPhone

ZOOMG...iPhone comes with a power cable, all hail the generosity of El Jobso
Who was it who lied about a wall charger and dock not being included? YOU:
gx_saurav said:
This just in, iPhone comes without a wall charger or Bluetooth headset. Bluetooth headset costs $130 more & the dock for PC connection alone comes for $50

This means if you buy iPhone, make sure you buy the $50 dock atleast or you can't charge it :D.
I cannot believe how all the rest of you are gullible and naive enough to believe this liar! Every single time, he posts something as idiotic as this and everyone on this forum laps it up as if it is as excerpt from the Bhaagwad Gita! Use some common sense. :lol:

din

Tribal Boy
This is worse than the Vista security thread !

That was atleast - poeple posted things after they used Vista.

Even before iPhone is launched (till yesterday I mean) people took final decision.

WOW. How intelligent Indians are :)

And regarding the specifications - why not reading it with patience before you post something ?

Can't tell it is wrong if someone says - This version of iPhone may not be best, but wait for the next version / upgrade. Coz Apple is first time into phones and from a non-geek point of view, I couldn't figure out how we are comparing iPhone with the high end Nokia phones (we just can't compare Red Hat Linux 6.1 to Win XP, can we ?).

When it was Win 95, we never knew Win XP / Vista will come which will be far better and advanced than Win 95, but now we can easily predict, with all shortcomings of the iPhone, Jobs will not just sit there with the present version, he will sure launch next with more features, rectifying all mistakes etc. Can't we wait for the next version or there is any emergency to declare - even the idea of iPhone is crappy and foolish - ?

As far as I read (again, being a non-geek, I do not read expert blogs or too-technical ones) iPhone is going to be something similar to Gmail (no, please do not start laughing, lemme complete). I mean when Gmail came, it was not about the 1 GB space they offered, it was all something revolutionary. The first version may not bring it all. Gmail had all features when it was launched ?

But the discussion goes like - iPhone is total crap, it is waste of money, Jobs has no idea of how a phone should be (leave the mac fans, but you really think Jobs is an idiot ?) and very easily the conclusion - Big No to iPhone !

My humble opnion - as uausl - please do not jump into conclusions. Before posting a 'Real Review', make sure you see it in real and not just the product video or some blog entries people post. Read the specification / feature list carefully. Nothing wrong in comments about a product befor its launch, but as far as I know (forgive me, I may be wrong), Gadget reviews are posted after someone really use it.

Let Jobs launch it peacefully :) Let some people buy it (of course, you can even tell let some lose their money) and wait for sometime patiently and then take final decisions.

PS : Win 98, Red Hat linux etc are used in this post as examples and no way meant to divert the post. Now please do not continue telling Red Hat latest version is not 6.1 etc lol :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Who was it who lied about a wall charger and dock not being included? YOU:I cannot believe how all the rest of you are gullible and naive enough to believe this liar! Every single time, he posts something as idiotic as this and everyone on this forum laps it up as if it is as excerpt from the Bhaagwad Gita! Use some common sense. :lol:

No, you use some common sence. I don't have a iPhone here. I m just posting by what I read on Engadget, Anandtech etc. Previously Engadget stated that iPhone comes without a wall charger, so I wrote it here. Then today in the unpacking anadtech said iPhone comes with a wall charger, so I also posted it here. Whats the big deal? Oh wait....you have nothing valid to say other then calling me a lier.

Yes arya we know , iPhone rox.....just look at the UI, it looks so cool :D

Din, see....we are not reviewing or concluding, we are just talking here about the justification of $500 for 4 GB iPhone with severe lack of features it has. You tell me, is $500 justified for such a restricted & flawed Phone?

iPhone 2 will obviously be better but by that time Nokia or SE would have gained a lot of market share & money. If jobs again repeats the same mistake with iPhone by just making a good looking UI with hardly any function compared to that of similar prices phones then Jobs sure is an idiot.

I am saying it again, iPhone rox as a Portable Media Player, but sux as a phone. Even a K750i is better then iPhone.

din

Tribal Boy
No one here tried iPhone yet (it was like that last night, not sure about today morning lol), so everything is based on other blogs, product video etc. And majority of posts were like - it sux, even the idea of iPhone is crap etc etc.

Now please read this post

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=535909&postcount=20

That is a post in this thread, also based on some blogs / other sites and see how different it is. By reading that we will sure get a feeling that it is unbiased - atleast we get a feeling !

That is what I meant. iPhone may be crap, it may need modifications, but my opinion is, it is not right to call (or it wil lbe too early to call) the phone - useless or the whole idea behind iPhone is crap or there is nothing new.

As in the above post -

So yes, the iPhone is amazing. But no, it’s not perfect.

and

Sure, it lacks some features, but there's no flaw that make it "iUseless".

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Such a lacking phone is next to useless from a consumer point of view who is looking for a Phone with multimedia features.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
a cell phone in 2007 which has no video recording, is like gmail released without the ability to send attachments ;)

*blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/iPhoneDockClose.jpg

... it comes with a wall charger & and a dock stn. now goobi should they stop providing the chargers coz they never provided it with the iPod

if they dont do it its apple its good they didnt do it
if they do it it is apple its good they did it ... :? fanboyism at its best

@din decisions are based on reading on what 1 sees .... now i would be dumb if would say that u know what i will comment on a 500$ product after using it ... im a customer and not a very rich customer ... i have to make my decision based on what i read and see over the internet ;)

rajasekharan

Youngling
so , its released is it???, when???, i think i will buy one after a year , when it becomes affordable....but my next upgrade from 750 will be that TOUCH SCREEN phone from sony...:), and then i may buy apple as secondary , "some one give me more money, or gods grace i becomes a millionaire in near future " i will buy a mac, iphone, ipod. i wanted to try it all...:).
for now, i am happy with how my life is going , and just prays to god that it always gets happier but nonetheless i am scared by the rate with which the computer accessories gets outdated day to day basis ...:(
*sob* my 3600 x2, 7600gt *sob* .....:((

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Lolz...iMav, u couldn't have said it any better. Din expects us to buy the iPhone & then use it to see if it works for us or not. If it doesn't then what? Mere $500 to pani main gaye...:D

There is a thread in Neowin asking What would u like to have in iPhone gen 2. Here is what I want in iPhone gen 2, & if not then W960i rocks :D

1) 3G & EDGE both

2) Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR

3) Mini USB Connector instead of the usual iPod connector.

4) 3rd Party application installation & SDK

5) 5 MP Camera with Autofocus & Xenon flash

6) Screen which works with fingers as well as Stylus for Handwriting recognition, & save it as PDF

7 ) Removable Battery

8 ) Support for viewing PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, ZIP, RAR files in the phone, along with in E-mails, along with creation of normal TXT files.

9) Ability to use it without iTunes. I hate that PoS Application on Windows. It is good on Mac OS X though.

10) DivX Video Playback & extendible media format support with SDK so that we can add Real Media, Ogg etc with it.

11) Removable Mass storage device so that we can use it even with Linux

12) A Firewall, cos it is said to be a internet communicator

13) Skype/SIP inbuilt

14) Yahoo/MSN/Google Talk IM inbuilt. Pidgin is open source, just use it for iPhone & iChat in Mac.

15) Flash & JAVA Support in Safari

16) JAVA 2 MIDP

17) Video recording

18 ) Voice dialing

19) Basic things such as setting any mp3/mp4 as ring tone, copying text, MMS etc

20) A small HD based cheap version. Just add 1 GB Flash HD to iPhone, slim the OS Further (700 MB in current iPhone for a phone OS is a joke & bloat) so that it comes under 500 MB & give the user the rest of the 500 MB memory to use , along with expandable memory card support like SD or MMC Cards

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yeah, seems like. iPhone is AT&T only for 5 years. I don't think they will make a new hardware before that. Most of the features can be solved with a complete OS re-write for the iPhone as those are just software features. I just hope Apple doesn't charge $130 for iPhone OS X 10.6 :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ah now i see why such a featureless fone ... he will come out with a new firmware and then tell his fanboys to pay up for the new version of OS X

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey look, one of Apple Salesman is here to justify the lack of features.

U r right, thats how Apple makes money. First give a low featured device which looks cool. Then make the users pay for basic features. When all the other DAP's are coming with inbuilt FM, iPod requirs u to buy a seperate add on for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom