The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
gx_saurav said:
^^^ In Opera mini for K750i, we cannot. But in Opera for Symbian OS, we can see flash.

I can has Flash opera :D

I was thinking. Once you buy songs from iTunes & copy to your iPod & iPhone, you cannot get it back from iPhone to computer without using some sort of hack program.

iTunes will allow you to download your already purchased songs only once in case your HD died.

But yeah, even I wonder, whats with wiping out whole data :-x

So if I buy songs for an iPhone, then give them to Apple for changing the battery, I basically have to buy them all again because of their content protection systems?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its apple they got the best customer service, it even applies to the ipod and btw why are u looking at the songs beng wiped out ... look at the design and UI its so cool

din

Tribal Boy
Confused ..

The user can't sync their iPhone with iTunes ? In that case they can save all their data (email, photos, songs) and when they get their phone back, realod it ?

Not possible ?

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
ipod doesnt support reverse synchronisation. Song go into ipod and have all their name changed to 4 letter names and put in folders without out any order. You will need some program which renames files and arranges them in folders according to tags. Same maybe the case with iphone.

din

Tribal Boy
Still confused ..

From Apple site - Regarding repair / damage / battery
Will the data on my iPhone be preserved?
No, the repair process will clear all data from your iPhone. It is important to sync your iPhone with iTunes to back up your contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages, and more.

So we can backup all our data - according to Apple, so how come the iPhone user lose it ?

Also, as far as I know (I may be wrong), there are softwares to transfer iPod / iPhone contents to PC / Mac (which includes songs, video etc) so that we can have a backup.

Please correct me if i am wrong ...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
din said:
there are softwares to transfer "iPod" contents to PC / Mac (which includes songs, video etc) so that we can have a backup.
yeah but they are unofficial and not supported by apple.

and i dun think apple will make u buy ur songs again. i suppose it allows backup of licenses so that u may download again or who knows the iphone may acutally be able to transfer songs/videos to comp as backup (in a format which is not playable there but only on the iphone when transfered back). we dunno anything abe it. we can only speculate...

but i believe apple shud come out wid a new phone sync suite. itunes for managing "contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages etc." sounds awkward.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Din said:
So we can backup all our data - according to Apple, so how come the iPhone user lose it ?
Apple said:
No, the repair process will clear all data from your iPhone. It is important to sync your iPhone with iTunes to back up your contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages, and more.

1) Where does it says Songs bought from iTunes?

and i dun think apple will make u buy ur songs again. i suppose it allows backup of licenses so that u may download again or who knows the iphone may acutally be able to transfer songs/videos to comp as backup (in a format which is not playable there but only on the iphone when transfered back). we dunno anything abe it. we can only speculate...

Right now, you cannot re-download a song u purchased from iTunes Music Store, unless you inform & get permission from Apple, that too due to some valid reason like system crash or dead hard disk.

If highlighted part is an option, then cool. :)

I know some of my friends using iPods & they don't keep songs in there computer. They sync with iPod & then play the songs from iPod directly via iTunes. Although I gave them floola but not everyone is techy (especially those american idiots paying $600 for iPhone)

but i believe apple shud come out wid a new phone sync suite. itunes for managing "contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages etc." sounds awkward.

You just gave them idea for iSync for Windows :D. But anyway, they should rather acquire or outsource the development for iPhone Sync to some Windows Company.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, you can make an Audio CD of 15 songs in iTunes. Good luck with multiple piles of CDs

din

Tribal Boy
1) Where does it says Songs bought from iTunes?

True, but they are not elling people to buy the songs again too. So as infra_red_dude mentioned, some option may be there which we do not know.

Oh, any iPod user who bought songs from iTunes ? Ever had problems with iPod and gave it for repair ? I think they wil lbe ale to give us more details, I mean how it will work.

I do not think they will force the user to buy the same song again. But I am not 100% sure.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
Yup, you can make an Audio CD of 15 songs in iTunes. Good luck with multiple piles of CDs

All the backups are in original format that is .m4p. Infact it can be copied anywhere. Only thing is while playing those files again from backup the computer needs to be authenticated by the purchaser.

K

krazyfrog

I still don't get what changing the battery has anything to do with wiping the memory. That kinda stuff happened in older Windows Mobile phones before WM5 where the memory was volatile and removing the battery wiped the memory clean.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
charangk said:
All the backups are in original format that is .m4p. Infact it can be copied anywhere. Only thing is while playing those files again from backup the computer needs to be authenticated by the purchaser.

Do tell us how, here in iTunes it only makes Audio CDs
I still don't get what changing the battery has anything to do with wiping the memory.

Thats the Apple way of keeping things simple.

K

krazyfrog

Check out a complete iPhone review here: *www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/apple-iphone-4gb-8gb/
Don't forget to check out the 'customer friendly' nature of Apple's Genius's on the eighth page of the review.

din

Tribal Boy
OK, tired of reading all negative points about iPhone ?

LOL, now read a 'nice' biased review

Apple's iPhone: an initial (but in-depth) review

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
gx_saurav said:
Do tell us how, here in iTunes it only makes Audio CDs
Tutorial Coming up :D. Strangely imageshack was down and I wasnt able to upload images to any place also :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom