the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

nktonu

Broken In
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

hiiiiiii :)

can u guys plzz provide a complete configuration of a Core i7 rig under 60K.. including a 22" HD TFT, DDR3 RAM, HDD,Cabinet, SMPS, Cooling fan etc etc DVDWriter, 2.1speakers, mouse,keyb etc...... all under 60K.... :)

is it possible??

if not then a performance PC (Intel) under 40K (video encoding/basic games/photoshop/animation/programming etc) :)

i will spend 60K only for i7.. if not then i will stay to 40K only...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Processor: core i7 920 -------------------------------> Rs. 14.9K
Motherboard: gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ----------------> Rs. 14.3K
RAM: Corsair TR3X3G1333C9 --------------------------> Rs. 4.9K
HDD: WD 500 GB -------------------------------------> Rs. 2.5K
PSU (SMPS): Corsair 450 VX --------------------------> Rs. 3.9K
GPU: GTs 250 (512MB Palit) --------------------------> Rs. 7.2K
Cabinet: CM 690 -------------------------------------> Rs. 4K
LCD: Samsung 2233SW -------------------------------> Rs. 9K

Total: Rs. 60.7K + Rs. 600/- for Keyboard and Mouse (a basic one)
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Hey nice suggestion buddy - a perfect config :p

@ nktonu - if you can spens a little more for the PSU say 1.5K then get corsair VX550W - it would be more future proof :p

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!

The next Core i9 processor with 6 cores based on 32nm technology, operating at 2.4GHz (18*133MHz), with 12MB of L3 cache.

Read More...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ top gear: thanx buddy. well actually his budget was tight so i had to fit in a platry gts250.. :( if i were him, i wud get a better gpu, say maybe a gtx260 (to be a minimum)

@ nithu: well there's always time to "wait" for newer technologies to arise, but for me everytime is the right time to buy stuff especially wen we hv sufficient money and the urge to buy.. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ yup buddy a GTX 260 ( or GTX 275 ) with a corsair VX550W ( or corsair TX 650 or Tagan BZ700 ) would be a perfect ( or more great ) choice :p

official

In the zone

"ashu" thanks for your previous suggestions regarding i7 when i updated my friendz PC:)
And now its my turn, i really hav a tight budget somewhat below 30k inr. Dunno whether i can afford an i7:(.. i am just spending for cpu +mobo+ram.
i am not into overclocking much, and i want my pc to handle almost whatever i can throw at it..(specially gaming). I want to squeeze maximum out of my money.

official

In the zone

would there be any difference in AMD pII vs i7 860 and i5 750 ??
If there is hardly any performance difference 3-5 fps lag and 10-12 sec gap, wont bother me.
Dunno if AMD is having ddr3 mobo! I read through several articles and got myself more confused:(...plz help!!

darklord

Cyborg Agent

"ashu" thanks for your previous suggestions regarding i7 when i updated my friendz PC:)
And now its my turn, i really hav a tight budget somewhat below 30k inr. Dunno whether i can afford an i7:(.. i am just spending for cpu +mobo+ram.
i am not into overclocking much, and i want my pc to handle almost whatever i can throw at it..(specially gaming). I want to squeeze maximum out of my money.

Add PSU to that ;)
You can try but its really hard to squeeze in i7 in that budget.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

would there be any difference in AMD pII vs i7 860 and i5 750 ??
If there is hardly any performance difference 3-5 fps lag and 10-12 sec gap, wont bother me.
Dunno if AMD is having ddr3 mobo! I read through several articles and got myself more confused:(...plz help!!

the difference between top end AMD Phenom II processor and core i5 750 is not much. And yes, AMD AM3 DDR3 boards are available for as low as 5k.

Krow

Crowman

@ official AMD is the way to go for you I think, unless you have super PSU and GPU.

Phenom II X4 945 @ 8.5k
MSI 785GM E65 @ 5.2k
2x2GB DDR3 @ 5k (mobo has 4 slots so make it 4x2GB if you want to)
Palit GTX260 SONIC @ 10.5k
VX450W @ 4k or Antec EA650 @ 4.8k or GlacialPower 650AA @ 4.5k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Perfect Config :p

Core i7 combo ( CPU+Mobo+Ram ) will not come nder 30K

Core i7 920 Rs. 14K
Biostar or MSI x58 mobop 12K
3x 1GB DDR3 Ram Rs. 5K ( Corsair TR3X3G1333C9 3x 1GB DDR3 1333Mhz kit )

So Total : 33K and OC it to 3.4Ghz with stock cooler and it will beat almosrt all ( apart from OCed extreme edition core i7's ) the cpu's out there in the market :p

Krow

Crowman

^But, he will need to buy good GPU too with it right? X58 needs discrete graphics. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yup, x58 needs discrete gfx but OP ie official said in his 1st post on this page that he only needs cpu +mobo+ram :p

So I posted the price of these three components :p

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ official.. hi buddy, sorry for a late reply, was down with viral fever, i guess every1's given ther share of replies so i think u are complete with answers... :D

at that budget of 30K (for jus mobo+proc+RAM)...do u hv a decent gpu and a PSU dude..?? i mean for a core i7, the requirements are specifically this --> Mobo, proc, RAM, GPU and PSU

also, core i7 (as topgear and krow) said, yup, it will need a graphics card, as there's NO onboard video port as such on i7 mobo's....
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

vikrant333

Owner of Core i7

hi everyone
my motherboard takes very long time to boot as after i push the start button it takes 20-30 sec to comes the first screen
few days ago my bios failure takes place after i did automated recovery in bios it works fine but it take long time to boot.........................

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Have you enabled quick boot or some similar feature in the bios ? This eliminates many startup checking by the BIOS which are not so necessary.

Some connectors may be loose. reconnect all component to the mobo specially HDd and ODD. BTW, Try to update your bios with newer version ( download it from your mobos manufacturers website ).

Last edited:

Dant3

Right off the assembly line

Hey Ashu,Darklord,Topgear,Krow....

How're you guys?
Dunno if you guys remember me.I had posted a few months earlier and had been advised to wait for the i5 release..since finally there are options in mobos and with the new buzz about DX11 cards..I'm finally ready to go in for a machine.
My budget is 50-55k for the CPU and a UPS.[NO monitor/speakers/mouse/kybd/etc.]
To begin with..my requirements are animating(nothing too hi-fi...presently somehow making do with a p4 with just 1 gig of ram and WITHOUT a gfx card!!)
plenty of surfing and a little gaming occasionally...COD4 and 6 mostly.

Would you suggest a basic i7 rig or a fancy i5 with a DX11 compatible card?
Also no idea about oc-ing..so no plans of doing the same.
Could you guys please suggest a config within my budget?
[Eager to wait for an Nvidia DX11 card..will I be able to do without a card till then or should I go for the present overpriced ATi's?]
Thanks a tonne in advance....
Dante!

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

core i5 750
gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
Transcend/Kingston DDR3 RAM 2x2GB Kit or corsair's kit for overclocking
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Cooler Master CM690 cabinet
Tagan BZ500 or corsair VX550W or GlacialPower 650AA PSU
samsung dvd burner or sony bluray combo drive (dvd burn and bluray read)
GPU: better check with store which professional cards they can get (nvidia quadro or ati firegl) under 17k. they won't keep it in stock. once you get the models, we can advice on which one to get
apc 1KVA UPS

Last edited:
Top Bottom