the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Re: New i7 Problem Please help...going nuts

^^

yeah after goin thru this thread again, i also feel the same, i mean wudnt it be better if those RAM sticks were tested on another mobo..?? right..?? :)

atleast one cud afford to get sumhow a mobo that supports those RAMs if not the exact mobo for the i7 cpu.. :)
--------

Cheers n e-peace...

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

No no guys the system is working fine with only A2B4C6 ram configuration and i am running windows 7 ok in it (but it recognises only 2 gb ram).....its not bootable in any other configuration. I am currently typing from it.

Anyway tomorrow I will be going to another Bencher....Phoenix fixed me up ...man he has a i7 975 system with 2 3 sets of RAM and OCs with LN......Got to see this guy :) will post tomorrow

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ shantanu : thanx dude.. (and thanx to kalpik too) :)

@ Shadowfax : hey hey... plz get sum pics from his system too plz.... :D:D especially the LN cooling stuff.(im serious plz) :D

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around

Ok here is the final update on my problem.

.............My System..............................Test System
Mobo......DFI LPUTX58........................... MSI Eclipse
CPU.......i7 920..................................... i7 950
RAM.......OCZ PC314400................... Corsair TR3X3G1600C9 and G.Skill DDR3 Trident - 1600Mhz @ CAS_Latency 6-7-6-18

PSU .......Corsair tx850..........................Co0lermaster Real 850

Results.
1. Changing powersupply: No effect -- 2gb RAM

2. Changing to Corsair Ram -- 4 GB detected in any configuration at any voltage (upto DRAM of 1.7)

3. Changing to Gskill Triden -- 6 GB detected from beginning and memtest OK

4. OCZ RAM on MSI eclipse mobo -- 2gb detected in all possible configurations and volt (upto 1.7 DRAM)

5. Corsair RAM on MSI eclipse mobo -- 4gb detected in all possible configurations and volt (upto 1.7 DRAM) (WHAT THE ****)

6. Gskill RAM on MSI eclipse mobo -- 4gb detected in all possible configurations and volt (upto 1.7 DRAM) (*&%$#@#$)

What the hell is this...How do we explain...and what next

I will take his set of trident and give him a new set....it seems that the mem controller of i7 is crap. Or Mobo bioses are crap.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
As for pictures he isnt on LN now :( .... But talked to him abt next time when he does it..... Got to see the copper cannisters for LN though.

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

-------------

Ok guys, the power button (the button on the cabinet) has stuck midway awkwardly, is there anyother (smart way) of powering up the system..?? :confused: (i knw i can easily change the cabinet as its 6 yrs old but still jus wanted to knw as rite now im short on cash... :p
------------

Cheers n e-peace...

amitash

Intel OCer

^Press the ON button on the mobo itself...evga has given on,restart and clr cmos buttons on the bottom of the mobo

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Do what amitash has suggested. After that enter your bios setup and set to start the comp using keyboard shortcut :p

mac555

Broken In

i am building x58 based system in 2 weeks but confused over which motherboard to choose....i have selected gigabyte x58 ud3r and msi pro due to budget constraints.....which is better of two or r there any other options.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would say go for MSI x58 pro but if you can get gigabyte x58 UD5 then get that.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ thanx amitash topgear :)
------------

@ mac555, i wid recommend u UD5 (if u are not into OCing)... :)

mac555

Broken In

but @ ashu888ashu888, i will overclock and i dont want to spent so much on motherboard as i will get good cpu cooler...........reviews tell that its good for its value...so wats ur call as cant find any board in that budget to compete with msi.....i will buy from nehru place so any shop recommandation will be good(price wise:smile:)......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

They all OC's well. But UD5 Oc's better than x58 pro. If you want the best then it's evga x58 :p

Do keep in mind that good mobo ( read better quality ) plays a big roll in OC department :p

A good shop in your locality is SMC INTERNATIONA - as I've heard so many positive feedback about it :p

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ mac555 : i agree totally with topgear dude.. :)

I mean if u really wanna OC ur rig, then there's nothing better than the Evga X58 board (wich amitash and I own)... :)

Infact, Evga products are themselves made with OCing in mind with customers and it will NOT at all void ur warranty too...(be it ur Evga GPU as well)
--------------

Get an Evga mobo + and Evga GPU to OC to ur heart's out.. :D

Sarpanch85

Right off the assembly line

Can anyone suggest me the pc hardware shop in ahmedabad which has all this stuff available

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

which stuff u asking abt buddy..?? plz giv me a detailed query so that i and all of us here can help u out easily..

by the way, there are certain trusted shops (online) from where we all hv made purchases:

1.) lynx india ----> *www.lynx-india.com/beta/

2.) The IT wares ---> www.theitwares.com

rahul2002

Journeyman

please help guys!!!!!

i7 920 or i7 860!!!!! which one has more value and is more future proof?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yup, core i7 920 is the most VFM and powerful beast out there in the market :p

Top Bottom