The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Update: Ok. So Ver 8 of Mukulsoni's Kitkat comes with Aroma installer. And boy its awesome!

A wizard like setup (like those while installing Windows)! :shock:
It worked beautifully and successfully installed ver 8. The Aroma setup ask you if you want to do a clean install, or wipe all partitions for clean flash. It then gives you a choice in installing various apps, sound enhancement and music player to install. This is effing awesome!!

Upgrade your phone already bro... Its time to move on from Optimus One onto faster phones... The difference can be tremendous...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Upgrade your phone already bro... Its time to move on from Optimus One onto faster phones... The difference can be tremendous...

I want to. But I don't find my phone old. Upgrading would be injustice to those devs who are still bringing out updates to this little legend. :(
Btw, what phone did you moved on to?

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Yes the difference is far huge..
I had zte blade which was on KitKat too and moved on to moto g..
It's ten times better than I actually thought it would be since I already had KitKat...
And I'm yet to root the phone

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I want to. But I don't find my phone old. Upgrading would be injustice to those devs who are still bringing out updates to this little legend. :(
Btw, what phone did you moved on to?

My little sister upgraded to Nexus 4 last September, and I took her old Galaxy Nexus, put Cyanogenmod 11 on it, and it is superb... Decent gaming machine. 720p screen is awesome too...

Galaxy Nexus might be completely outdated compared to the new phones today (including the affordable Moto G) but Cyanogenmod can really kick it to the next level... Many times better than the stalwart Optimus One...

atherq

Broken In
It worked but quite amusing ! I tapped the ROM zip file and it launched the ROM manager. I selected 'reboot and install' and it worked.
Thanks for your advice guys.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I feel sad for all you who whines about LG Optimus P500 now after you got more so called "advanced" phones. :/

I love my O1, and will love it no matter what. At Mukilsoni's 4.2.2 ver 8 its the most stable ROM *ever*! The only thing I miss on this is Bluetooth tethering. But USB tethering works.

Almost everyone who owned O1 have forget how powerful it is. :'(

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
My Optimus One turns 3 Years old today :clap2:

I had bought mine on 20th March 2011. I used until the first week of September 2013... So, still got 2.5 years out of a 10k phone... Not bad... Sold it for 3k... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I feel sad for all you who whines about LG Optimus P500 now after you got more so called "advanced" phones. :/

I love my O1, and will love it no matter what. At Mukilsoni's 4.2.2 ver 8 its the most stable ROM *ever*! The only thing I miss on this is Bluetooth tethering. But USB tethering works.

Almost everyone who owned O1 have forget how powerful it is. :'(

It was not powerful. Had to overclock it to 748 MHz for decent performance... Countless hacks and custom kernels made it a manageable phone... But the new phones of today are truely beyond what Optimus One could accomplish... Just the pleasure of playing Need for Speed on the Galaxy Nexus is worth it... The camera is a lot better too... And high ppi screen. Once you upgrade, you cannot go back.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ques. Which is the most stable ROM for O1 for long term use? link me too please.

The latest ver 8 Rom from Mukulsoni is the most stable one as of yet.
@androidfan: I do have Nexus 7 for that awesome gaming experience. But I would never leave my first love O1!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I had bought mine on 20th March 2011. I used until the first week of September 2013... So, still got 2.5 years out of a 10k phone... Not bad... Sold it for 3k... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It was not powerful. Had to overclock it to 748 MHz for decent performance... Countless hacks and custom kernels made it a manageable phone... But the new phones of today are truely beyond what Optimus One could accomplish... Just the pleasure of playing Need for Speed on the Galaxy Nexus is worth it... The camera is a lot better too... And high ppi screen. Once you upgrade, you cannot go back.

agreed. O1 is getting old. One can't expect a 3yr old phone to perform like new after flashing numerous roms and historical h/w. But must say the journey so long has been absolutely spectacular. Superb battery backup, decent screen and excellent DEV support. And the most impressive part of O1 has to be its build quality. I have dropped my mobile more number of times than my dad dropped his Nokia in 5-6yrs yet not a single crack or deep scratch. The black back cover does excellent job at hiding those small marks and scratches. Only the menu button has completely decolourised while the outer silver rim too has a bunch of big scratches.

My last mobile was Motorola ROKR E6e which died under 2yr. That says a lot about the way i use mobile. Kudos to LG for not compromising with the build and XDA for not allowing this piece of antique to become a part of legacy device.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
agreed. O1 is getting old. One can't expect a 3yr old phone to perform like new after flashing numerous roms and historical h/w. But must say the journey so long has been absolutely spectacular. Superb battery backup, decent screen and excellent DEV support. And the most impressive part of O1 has to be its build quality. I have dropped my mobile more number of times than my dad dropped his Nokia in 5-6yrs yet not a single crack or deep scratch. The black back cover does excellent job at hiding those small marks and scratches. Only the menu button has completely decolourised while the outer silver rim too has a bunch of big scratches.

My last mobile was Motorola ROKR E6e which died under 2yr. That says a lot about the way i use mobile. Kudos to LG for not compromising with the build and XDA for not allowing this piece of antique to become a part of legacy device.

Completely agree... I had also dropped my phone countless times... Phone got wet in the rain many times... Worked like a charm... Nothing could stop it... :)

Neo

I tried flashing mukilson's ver. 8 yesterday but i was constantly getting fastboot mode. i first flashed it without wiping anything as instructions said but that didn;t work. so i tried again after wiping everything but again in vain. Any help here please?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I tried flashing mukilson's ver. 8 yesterday but i was constantly getting fastboot mode. i first flashed it without wiping anything as instructions said but that didn;t work. so i tried again after wiping everything but again in vain. Any help here please?

Lot of people getting Flashboot message, including me the first time. There's a trick here acknowledged by Mukulsoni too.

In the Installer (Aroma installer) select atleast one app in every section, including one app in music enhancement and one music player.
Profit.

Jeysus!! People still talking about Optimus One.. Makes me so nostalgic...

LG should reboot the Optimus One...

Imagine if they make an Optimus Two, with Snapdragon 805 with unlocked bootloader and other nerd stuff...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
LG should reboot the Optimus One...

Imagine if they make an Optimus Two, with Snapdragon 805 with unlocked bootloader and other nerd stuff...

Reboots are fail. Legends of same breed are not born twice.
My next target is Nexus 6. (Or Nexus 5 if N6 turns out 6".. too big :p).

Top Bottom