The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1 question though, i cant find SD partition on new CWM 6.0.4.6, where is it?

i flashed AmonRa again and then partitioned.

Please can you let me the steps for LINK2SD? I messed up last time during Jelly bean rom.

instructions given in that thread's first page. easy to follow.

1 Bug, i cant add my account from settings, i want to sync my contacts, how to do this?

download the latest Google Play Services and then install.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Alright.. so finally able to flash Kitkat on my 3 yr old model of Android, Ze O1... :D

It was definitely not a straightforward route this Kitkat... I had to change Recovery to CM, did partition again, transferred complete data of card to and fro, had to update two more update zips... but in the end it was all well worth it... :D

I am so excited about my phone. After updating to Kitkat, installing Link2SD, Google Play Services etc.. still Internal memory had 131 MB left. This is amazing. :doublethumb:

Thanks Sam.

Update: I get force close on apps which I link through Link2SD.. moving them to Card stops the force closes.
I tried repairing the ext partition through AmonRa recovery.

Looks like I will have to do with apps loading slow. :(

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Alright.. so finally able to flash Kitkat on my 3 yr old model of Android, Ze O1... :D

It was definitely not a straightforward route this Kitkat... I had to change Recovery to CM, did partition again, transferred complete data of card to and fro, had to update two more update zips... but in the end it was all well worth it... :D

I am so excited about my phone. After updating to Kitkat, installing Link2SD, Google Play Services etc.. still Internal memory had 131 MB left. This is amazing. :doublethumb:

Thanks Sam.

Update: I get force close on apps which I link through Link2SD.. moving them to Card stops the force closes.

Any improvement in performance from Jellybean?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Any improvement in performance from Jellybean?

Well, its smooth yes. But since apps doesn't work after transferring it to EXT partition, I have transferred them to SDCard and hence my apps are running slow. This is the only bug / annoyance that I am facing right now.

Apart from it I am loving the new Kitkat experience on my LG O1. One of the best feature is tap to lock. If you double tap the status bar it get locked. Saved me from having an external app.

Oh yes, also I can't transfer files from Bluetooth. Which is one annoyance too. But MTP or USB mode works well. Overall I am extremely happy.

And I am guessing this Big O in the wallpaper is for the "O" in Optimus One?

*i.minus.com/ibktoFBBl7WPja.png

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

no such issue in my case though i am still on ver.1. will update when bluetooth starts working again.

you surely didn't follow the instructions word by word. you sure about creating EXT4 partition? or did you left it halfway at EXT2?

Oh yes, also I can't transfer files from Bluetooth. Which is one annoyance too. But MTP or USB mode works well. Overall I am extremely happy.

Commit Message
drivers/bluetooth/bluesleep.c

hephappy is trying something for sure.

And I am guessing this Big O in the wallpaper is for the "O" in Optimus One?

*i.minus.com/ibktoFBBl7WPja.png

the other half will appear once bluetooth stats working ;)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
you surely didn't follow the instructions word by word. you sure about creating EXT4 partition? or did you left it halfway at EXT2?

I installed AmonRa and re formatted the sd card to create the ext partition. Also converted it to ext3 and then ext4.
It maybe a bug of ver5.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I installed AmonRa and re formatted the sd card to create the ext partition. Also converted it to ext3 and then ext4.
It maybe a bug of ver5.

if you have time, search from page 30. there were a few posts about FC and mukulsoni explained how to fix these errors.

but apps will take a few seconds to open even from memory card.

kaz

right here
Well, its smooth yes. But since apps doesn't work after transferring it to EXT partition, I have transferred them to SDCard and hence my apps are running slow. This is the only bug / annoyance that I am facing right now.
I have all my apps on ext4... I did partitioning via CWM only....

kaz

right here
Download Version 7 :D
Changelogs:
Speaker-in-Call working
Inbuilt Sprit FM working
Solved Google Play issue (No apps compatibility error, now can download all apps like Foursquare etc..)
Excluded SnS kernel (some user do not want, Those want can flash @solidv SnS)
Updated Notification panel UI
Updated SystemUI (Notification Drawer, USB connection menu)
Calendar Synchronizing with gmail
Faster UI
Wifi Hotspot/teethering working (after use, need reboot device to use wifi)
Bluetooth working
Lock screen widgets
Updated Changelog in Settings>About phone
Many more...

Mukulsoni's Post

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
downloading. updating from ver.1 to ver.7 :)

Were you able to do that successfully?
I was on ver 5 and tried to update to ver 7. It showed this error while flashing:
"Symlink: some symlink failed...(status 7) installation aborted"

So I tried wiping entire card and stuff. Still no luck.
Finally I have reverted back to ver 5 which flashed in a swift. :(

Makx

Game on
^ I got that error when I tried installing zip after adding extra apps, maybe check md5...

The battery life is good but kitkat seems a bit heavy/laggy.
what does the kitkat launcher icon do?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Were you able to do that successfully?
I was on ver 5 and tried to update to ver 7. It showed this error while flashing:
"Symlink: some symlink failed...(status 7) installation aborted"

So I tried wiping entire card and stuff. Still no luck.
Finally I have reverted back to ver 5 which flashed in a swift. :(

complete wipe and flashed. no error. did remove a bunch of apps which shows in the app drawer.

PS: was a time when we used say menu for the app list, in old java/nokia mobile. nowadays saying app drawer (technical term) will surely confuse some.

^ I got that error when I tried installing zip after adding extra apps, maybe check md5...

The battery life is good but kitkat seems a bit heavy/laggy.
what does the kitkat launcher icon do?

nothing. its present because they replaced launcher3 (stock android launcher) with a market app.

atherq

Broken In
I am facing an issue with kit kat on my p500. Not able to boot into cmw. ROM manager doesn't work, when launched says -' ROM manager stopped working.' When i boot with power + vol- + home, it boots up normally..

Any suggestions ? How do update the ROM now ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am facing an issue with kit kat on my p500. Not able to boot into cmw. ROM manager doesn't work, when launched says -' ROM manager stopped working.' When i boot with power + vol- + home, it boots up normally..

Any suggestions ? How do update the ROM now ?

It looks as if you don't have recovery installed. Or maybe your hardware keys are just not behaving like you want it to.
Try using this app to boot into recovery: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

Also PS: VER-8 of Mukulsoni's ROM is out. *forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=50421197&postcount=772
I was unable to flash ver 7. Will try 8 now. :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Update: Ok. So Ver 8 of Mukulsoni's Kitkat comes with Aroma installer. And boy its awesome!

A wizard like setup (like those while installing Windows)! :shock:
It worked beautifully and successfully installed ver 8. The Aroma setup ask you if you want to do a clean install, or wipe all partitions for clean flash. It then gives you a choice in installing various apps, sound enhancement and music player to install. This is effing awesome!!

Top Bottom