The LG Optimus One Thread

Klub Class

Broken In
I tried inserting my dad's SIM(BSNL) on my P500! Voila, it worked perfectly fine on Froyo 2.2.2 Official ROM. :smile:

But, when I insert my BSNL SIM, I don't get any network signal. Further, I tried inserting my BSNL SIM on Samsung Galaxy 5, Nokia 500, Nokia C 06-01, Sony Ericsson K530i.

None of the phones listed above, other than Galaxy 5 boots properly when my SIM is inserted. ie, the phone just hangs on the animation screen which displays the phone manufacturer's name. :-x

I'll be taking my phone to BSNL office as I've good relations with the people over there! (Yes, I'm a loyal BSNL Customer)

@Klub Class : I'd suggest to try another ROM and check.

Why don't you try O2, you don't need to like it. Just check it out if everything is working fine. Otherwise just report the problem in CM7 thread over XDA.

Thanks Krishanandu. :)

I might try O2 ROM! But, I use Tethering everyday. Fingers crossed

yes. without sim how will your mobile know which is your service provider :smile:

Sam, thanks a lot for letting me know how stupid I'm! :grin:

@Klub Class, try turning on 3G once.

We've no 3G mobile tower nearby. I've to travel 15kms to get 3G signal

Mr.rebel

Broken In
yesterday I forgot to take the headset of my optimus one from my shirt's pocket. mother washed the shirt.

It's still working well.
thank GOD

NB:that washing maching was also from LG

Klub Class

Broken In
Does anyone know the price of :

• LG Battery
  • LG O1 Headset

I'm looking forward to buy a headset as I lost my headset. In case, if you know of any headset that is fully functional with O1, please recommend. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yesterday I forgot to take the headset of my optimus one from my shirt's pocket. mother washed the shirt.

It's still working well.
thank GOD

NB:that washing maching was also from LG

:lol: the headset is of really good quality. also with 2 extra sets of ear buds, i think this should last for a long time.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
anybody using silicon jelly case for O1? If saw this on letsbuy.. need to know whether this will be useful..

I am using Amzer silicon jelly case for O1. I feel its good and improves the grip. I got it from flipkart and price was same as letsbuy and as usual awesome service from flipkart.

guys i have bsnl 2G sim but have done that 3G trick

What's this ?

@ Krishnandu..Thanks for ur feedback..

@ Sam..Can u too post ur feedback with screenshots if possible ?

funzuloo

Broken In

• LG Battery
  • LG O1 Headset

I'm looking forward to buy a headset as I lost my headset. In case, if you know of any headset that is fully functional with O1, please recommend. :)

Dont know about battery but Headset is around Rs350.

tried flashing O2 but stuck at boot screen for ages......any help?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
stuck at the LG logo? wipe cache & reflash. same happened with me. initial boot takes lot longer than CM7.

@ Sam..Can u too post ur feedback with screenshots if possible ?

battery backup is only about 12hrs. i have data enabled 24X7. also there is just 1 widget for music. no settings for power control. but standby time is good. 5hrs & charge dropped by 1%. no FC till now. its very much is like a crapfree CM7. performance is better than CM7.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
@ Sam Thanks for ur feedback :)

LG Battery
LG O1 Headset

LG Battery ( OEM ) might cost you around Rs. 3600
If you go for a non OEM battery but branded ones it might cost you around Rs 1600 - 2500
Non branded ones might still be cheaper.
( I am not too sure about the rates. Please do check it but I am shocked to know the original battery ( OEM ) price which comes around 3600..Source : Fommy )

Regarding headphones..u do have a lot of choices and u can choose as per ur budget

Last edited:

chandrudme

Journeyman
thx krish.. i've ordered Amzer silicon jelly case from letsbuy for Rs179 :)

hi i have a peculiar problem with O2.
phone ring volume automatically goes to mute!! I've set vibrate always..while getting a incoming call it only vibrates,, no tone..
ps: i've flashed goldenleaf kernel.

anyone knows a solution for this?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
thx krish.. i've ordered Amzer silicon jelly case from letsbuy for Rs179 :)

hi i have a peculiar problem with O2.
phone ring volume automatically goes to mute!! I've set vibrate always..while getting a incoming call it only vibrates,, no tone..
ps: i've flashed goldenleaf kernel.

anyone knows a solution for this?

Are you using O2 1.1??

It comes with the latest kernel I guess.

Or you can try updating to v19 GBS.

Goldenleaf has USB problem AFAIK.

Any custom ROM based on ICS out for O1?

Nope. Not yet. Hold your breath till Feb - Mar. After CM9 is out, if Mik / someone ports it.

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
On behalf of my friend
from which online store we can purchase P500 in cheapest rate and using discount coupon.Another question is, if any website is quoting 9k for phone then my final transaction(tax and courier charges) in purchasing phone will be around how many rupees?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
On behalf of my friend
from which online store we can purchase P500 in cheapest rate and using discount coupon.Another question is, if any website is quoting 9k for phone then my final transaction(tax and courier charges) in purchasing phone will be around how many rupees?

Well, at the moment, the cheapest rate on which you can get O1 is Letsbuy. The current cost if Rs 8999 including a bluetooth. Trust me, I just placed an order for the same, after two months of planning. Although Flipkart is more reliable but they are selling it for Rs. 9700, and that too w/o Bluetooth. But their service rocks. So decision is yours.

Also, can't say about others, but sellers like Flipkart and Letsbuy usually sell for free shipping. Which means, you would have to pay the exact amount as quoted in final transaction, and not a single rupee more.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ i think homeshop 18 is selling it for ~8k. and thats the final price. not a penny more. no courier charge or tax :smile:

goldleaf have blackscreen problem. updated to GBS 19.2 (stable one, not testing version). for now battery draining quite fast.

also andy & lupohirp are developing ICS (follow his FB page or visit "ics sources are out" under general section of XDA/P500). expecting an AOSP from lupohirp by end of this month. GT540 already have ICS ROM.

chandrudme

Journeyman
@krish i hav flashed d latest version 1.1... and also now flashed v19.4 BFS,,,

my frnd bought it for 8k from lestbuy 2wks back... i think its d cheapest price!

@sam is the below kernel suitable for O1?

[KERNEL][12 NOV]franco.Kernel | .v1.1-02102011 | .v1.2-12112011-testing | 2.6.35.14 - xda-developers

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
currently u can use AMEXLB coupon in letsbuy to get further 10% discount.... by d way letsbuy service is good...

:|
Mate. I tried the coupon. But with ICICI net banking. And the money was stuck for 3 days. I advice only to go with the AMEXLB code, if you have an American Express Card.

congo mate (in advance) :smile:

Thanks a lot!! Much Excited!

Top Bottom