The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I hope using ROM, O1 users can upgrade to Ice-cream sandwich. Don't think it will be released for this device(?). :)

It will take atleast 6 months for highend phones to get ICS love... Forget about O1 getting ICS any time ever... There is no hope...

The phone is already stretched to the limit... it is fast as hell... What will ICS bring? Our hardware most certainly cannot support it...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i hope there will be someway to backport settings & a few features from ICS. ICS as a whole will have a ton of features that O1 may never support.

zoneofSAM

Broken In
Can u please tell me which kernel shiuld i flash to stock 2.3.3 to maximise my battery back up . I browse a lot on wifi network

I dont want to install custom roms for now, i knw they will help in power mananement but please advise me

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes, it's not necessary. But if you stuck on boot logo, flash again with wiping data.

But always wipe dalvik cache while flashing ROM's and Kernels.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya, wiping dalvik cache is a must. Check the ROM and Kernel threads over XDA.

Wiping data is optional. If you get stuck at boot logo then wipe data :)

y2karthik

Broken In
hi guys i am on Official 2.3,if i want to flash #void forever or mik's CM7 what should i do?
1.Downgrade to V10e or flash CM7 over Official GB with the flashing of old base band.........
2.Is the Andy's ROM gonna support new base band.........
help me guys,thanks.......

Neo

this is shitty.Changing the basebands again and again.A single mistake done and our O1 is gone.
why LG made different basebands?

me1

Broken In
My phone froze! the touch screen is not responding! the hard keys work but the touch screen isn't working.
I removed the battery and turned on the phone a million times, but the touch screen is still not working. Can anyone help? Is there anything I can do to get this working without having to take it to the service station.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
after a long time you have posted here :smile:

try a hard reset (home +, volume down + power, maybe). looks like a hardware problem to me.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Anyone tried Andy's ROM??

BTW it looks like gbs is better than Franco's. Fserve fixed many problems in Franco's Kernel. Anyone tried gbs??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
tried. & it have many CM features without CM setting. switched to CM7.1

oh, famous blackscreen bug is present. no setting to change lockscreen. wifi can be fixed by applying latest kernel by FF.

Neo

It will take atleast 6 months for highend phones to get ICS love... Forget about O1 getting ICS any time ever... There is no hope...

The phone is already stretched to the limit... it is fast as hell... What will ICS bring? Our hardware most certainly cannot support it...

there are hopes if mik does it.
why would google make an android version which is only supported by high end phones?

tried. & it have many CM features without CM setting. switched to CM7.1

oh, famous blackscreen bug is present. no setting to change lockscreen. wifi can be fixed by applying latest kernel by FF.
So this is what the best rom for our O1?

Can someone tell m whats an ASOP?

Top Bottom