The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1) Sam, IINM you are using 19.4BFS by Franco. Would you recommend moving to it? How's it performance and battery life?

standby time is excellent. can get out 2.5days.
browsing doesn't taxes battery life a lot.
smooth @ 748/480Mhz smoothass v2.

2) There are two version of franco.Kernel; CFS and BFS. What are these exactly and how they differ and which one is better?

have read that BFS is better for interaction & single app use. have not tried any CFS kernel yet.

3) Are my steps for flashing franco. kernel correct?: a) Download the franco.Kernel and move the zip to SD card. b) Power Off the phone and boot into recovery by holding Volume down + Home + Power button simultaneously. c) Select Wipe cache partition and then Advanced > Wipe battery stats. I don't need to "Wipe Date/Factory Reset", right? d) Select install zip from sdcard > Choose zip from sdcard. Flash and then reboot.

yes. just flash it.

chandrudme

Journeyman
flashed franco.Kernel 19.4 CFS

Guys i'm using void forever... i wish to move to CM7... Since flashing new ROM will format the phone. Its really a tough job to install all the apps again! I have a doubt...
1) Will the Apps installed on SD card will work on new ROM?
2) How to backup & restore apps installed in ROM?
Pl advice..

In Void Forever... gmaps is not starting automatically!!

chandrudme

Journeyman
Thanks krish,

i have taken the backup with Titanium Backup... but after flashing cm7 Titanium Backup app will also be removed... so after reinstall it from market, will it recognize the backed up data stored in the SD card?

guru_urug

iGoogle
guys looking to flash a new ROM. Wait till sunday....andy is releasing what is gonna be arguably the best ROM for o1 till date. So hold ur horses and enjoy andy's goodness within 48 hrs! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes. i have seen too.

i have taken the backup with Titanium Backup... but after flashing cm7 Titanium Backup app will also be removed... so after reinstall it from market, will it recognize the backed up data stored in the SD card?

save the titanium backup folder in your PC, if you wish to erase the memory card fully. later restore folder & titanium backup will show all the backup apps.

guys looking to flash a new ROM. Wait till sunday....andy is releasing what is gonna be arguably the best ROM for o1 till date. So hold ur horses and enjoy andy's goodness within 48 hrs! :)

waiting for it since months.

gmg9

in the kaya
i was just thinking if its possible to hack the h/w of this phone.. like if i replace the camera with a nokia 3 or 5 mp camera. my sister has a c2-01 nokia whih has 3.2 mp camera. so i was thinking to replace my phone's camera with that one.. is it possible ? wat r the things that i hav to keep in mind ?

h/w is diff..i know.. bt just wanna try..
can anhyone tell me how much of max. mp camera lgO1 will support ? like what abt 5 mp camera.. will the h/w support it ??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Qualcomm MSM7227 specs:

Support for Android, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile, BREW
HSDPA/HSUPA support
600 MHz applications processor
Support for WVGA displays
GPS
Bluetooth 2.1
Hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
Support for 8MP cameras

if the camera will work, its upto you to test & decide.

gmg9

in the kaya
Qualcomm MSM7227 specs:

Support for Android, Symbian S60, Windows Mobile, BREW
HSDPA/HSUPA support
600 MHz applications processor
Support for WVGA displays
GPS
Bluetooth 2.1
Hardware-accelerated 3D graphics
Support for 8MP cameras

if the camera will work, its upto you to test & decide.

hmm. so it supports 8mp camera. i think the prob will be fixing the resolution and lib files.. gonna buy a second hand nokia with 5 mp.. how is the x2 camera.. feedback is not good about it..

will it support symbian anna ??

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Thanks for the reply krishnandu and Sam. Last question before flashing kernel: Does flashing kernel formats phone memory and/or memory card?

Nothing comes pre-installed. Those are included in GAPPS that you flashed.
You can remove them easily as you are on GB. I'd recommend to you Titanium Backup.
I don't see any option to uninstall app using Titanium backup? Where's it?

4) After flashing with new kernel, I'm thinking of calibrating my battery but there are plethora of ways of doing the same over the internet which is leaving me all confused. How to calibrate battery properly?
Anyone?

Neo

Thanks for the reply krishnandu and Sam. Last question before flashing kernel: Does flashing kernel formats phone memory and/or memory card?
No. Nothing gets wiped on its own.

i was just thinking if its possible to hack the h/w of this phone.. like if i replace the camera with a nokia 3 or 5 mp camera. my sister has a c2-01 nokia whih has 3.2 mp camera. so i was thinking to replace my phone's camera with that one.. is it possible ? wat r the things that i hav to keep in mind ?

h/w is diff..i know.. bt just wanna try..
can anhyone tell me how much of max. mp camera lgO1 will support ? like what abt 5 mp camera.. will the h/w support it ??
You are kidding, right?
Changing the camera. And then the libs and all for it to work. This will take too much time with an 80% chance of bricking the phone.

maybe its possible.But not for us.
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::shock::shock::shock:

Wow. So the date came afterall.

and there's Ice-cream sandwich coming in about a month.

hmm. so it supports 8mp camera. i think the prob will be fixing the resolution and lib files.. gonna buy a second hand nokia with 5 mp.. how is the x2 camera.. feedback is not good about it..

will it support symbian anna ??
It can support Anna. Only if someone ports it.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Memory Card - No
Phone Memory - Yes. The ROM will be installed there only. So it'll erase Phone Memory.

I don't see any option to uninstall app using Titanium backup? Where's it?

Tap a particular app, and the option to backup, uninstall, restore will appear. :)

Gollum

Collector
upgraded to official Indian gingerbread using kdz just like i did froyo.
gb ROM is quite good
performance wise, its awesome!
note it plays mp4 in the default player. also plays sd video in default player. they definitely fixed that problem.
battery life is great too.
how do i get the dsp manager now?

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Memory Card - No
Phone Memory - Yes. The ROM will be installed there only. So it'll erase Phone Memory.
I just flashed my phone with that kernel. No, nothing get erased..neither phone memory nor contacts. Phone is running comparatively faster now with no lag whatsoever(previously it used to lag a little). :razz:

Tap a particular app, and the option to backup, uninstall, restore will appear. :)
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

4) After flashing with new kernel, I'm thinking of calibrating my battery but there are plethora of ways of doing the same over the internet which is leaving me all confused. How to calibrate battery properly?
How's this? : Battery Calibration - Android Market ; Calibrate Your Battery The Easy Way With “Battery Calibration” for Android | xda-developers

and there's Ice-cream sandwich coming in about a month.
I hope using ROM, O1 users can upgrade to Ice-cream sandwich. Don't think it will be released for this device(?). :)

Top Bottom