The LG Optimus One Thread

bharathbala2003

why need title?
it should be okay to flash megatron now.. i flashed megatron first as kernel was fixed later.. but i don't see a problem in it being the otherway..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
No I hadnt disabled the modem driver...is it gonna be a problem? :shock: It was not mentioned in the kdz tutorial i found on xda forums :(

no. actually i read that modem many times interfere in the upgrading/downgrading process. & once halted, theres every chance the mobile won't turn on normally as it'll be half cooked. but if you did it without any problem, then maybe the modem didn't interfere. no problem should come up now.

about the modem, read the troubleshooting guide by The_Error. its written in the very first page.

Im well read and have good knowledge of PC and tech (reading DiGiT :-o)
Im just new to android and want to learn basics properly..."BRICK" sounds scary thats why :p
Thanks Sam.Shab you are very helpful :)

it sound so cause it is. a new mobile going bad, it hurts. but then if LG denies services........?

nice to know :p

I asked abt megatron becoz...
shud i flash megatron first and then flash mik's kernal again?
OR
do I just flash megatron and it will be ok?

Also what is the latest megatron version?

no. 1st megatron & then the kernel. cause megatron will remove the previous kernel.

i think is the same since 2 month. better try Void for time being & then try Mik's Gingerbread when he releases a stable build. current builds are told to be stable but still in Alpha stage. who knows what kind of instability creeps up.

k4ce

Youngling
^ Milk's Gingerbread is stable enough ... no issues with usual operation ... only place where you will have the issue (with usual operation) is if you turn on that "cathode ray" effect ...

And instead of Megatron and then the kernel for touchscreen fix, just flash LOL 1.2 ... I found it similar to megatron .. OCed to 729mhz (interactive governer)

pratik385

In the zone
hey guys, i have tried quadrant standard for checking benchmark, i am using stock os i havent rooted my mobile, score is 421, hows it?

What about you guys ?

guru_urug

iGoogle
Ok...Im running Megatron v1 with miks kernel

@Sam.Shab, You were right...I had to reflash the kernel wid mik after megatron.

There's no problem at all...things are nice and zippy. Its like having a new & better phone altogether. Its surprising how much difference cleaner code can have on the phone. LG must realise this..

Benchmarks:
Im getting
around 50 fps in Neocore
around 1000 in quadrant (woohoo!! :O)
almost 9 in linpack!

BTW doubts

1)In Settings>About Phone,
The Android version is 2.2
Kernel version is 2.6.32.9 lg-electronics@mik-desktop #12
But s/w version shows: V10c-OCT-12-2010

is it correct?

2)Im using SetCPU 2.1.0
the max freq is at 729, min 245
What setting do i keep for scaling? and which do I avoid?

3)how else can I enhance performance? How does JIT help?

4)Should I stick wid Megatron rom? (reasons)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its surprising how much difference cleaner code can have on the phone.

this has been mentioned before, in HTC Aria's (or some similar device) review in GSMArena. where it went past LG O1 with less ram & slower processor.

BTW doubts

1)In Settings>About Phone,
The Android version is 2.2
Kernel version is 2.6.32.9 lg-electronics@mik-desktop #12
But s/w version shows: V10c-OCT-12-2010

is it correct?

it should be based on Android 2.2. so the first one is correct. kernel as i told is a modified/edited LG kernel for P500.

why V10c no idea. maybe the original rom was V10C but was based on 2.2 & not 2.2.1.

2)Im using SetCPU 2.1.0

700Mhz or 710Mhz seems to be the most safe as Void uses this frequency. 745Mhz is a huge overclock for a mobile.

maybe, by going for Void. the 2nd part i don't have much idea. but you can read here: What is JIT?

its depends on you.

k4ce

Youngling
I have been really concerned about my battery for the last few days so flashed stock (again!) .. this time V10B ... here are my useage stats

23 hours since full charge:
Cell Standby - 61pc - 2d 0h 17m (reported with 50pc time without signal) ????
Phone Idle - 19pc - 21h 31mins
wifi - 10pc - 10h 46mins
Voice Calls - 7pc - 45mins
Android System - 5pc - 36mins (CPU total) 53s (foreground)
Display - 2pc - 1h 25mins

Battery Left - 39pc

Is this fine ?... Or am I getting less battery backup ?.. Counting on you ppl for help :) ... Also could anyone explain why Cell Standby is displaying a wrong figure ( I have always been in network coverage).

Some other helpful info:
Wifi sleep - never
Display brightness- minimum
GSM mode only

bharathbala2003

why need title?
Ok...Im running Megatron v1 with miks kernel

2)Im using SetCPU 2.1.0

I am running it on default frequency for almost a month now and its good.. altho' i have seen ppl oc'ing it up to 802.. ur min of 245 is okay.. i would suggest stick with 700-730..

JIT and HW accel is enabled by default in this rom so u needn't bother.. JIT basically helps your processes to run faster by compiling the codes to native machine codes.. HW accel as u might know transfers the graphic processing to the gpu..

As sam told its upto u.. ppl quickly changed to void but i don't see the necessity as this rom is perfect.. maybe once the 2.3 is out and if void gets a major update that is missing in megatron we could shift.. also check the xda themes section.. there are a few themes which you can flash too..

I have been really concerned about my battery for the last few days so flashed stock (again!) .. this time V10B ... here are my useage stats

23 hours since full charge:
Cell Standby - 61pc - 2d 0h 17m (reported with 50pc time without signal) ????
Phone Idle - 19pc - 21h 31mins
wifi - 10pc - 10h 46mins
Voice Calls - 7pc - 45mins
Android System - 5pc - 36mins (CPU total) 53s (foreground)
Display - 2pc - 1h 25mins

Battery Left - 39pc

Is this fine ?... Or am I getting less battery backup ?.. Counting on you ppl for help :) ... Also could anyone explain why Cell Standby is displaying a wrong figure ( I have always been in network coverage).

Some other helpful info:
Wifi sleep - never
Display brightness- minimum
GSM mode only

i think the standby is pretty decent.. if u need more id suggest u switch of wifi when screen is off but ul miss the mail notifications :( but if u unlock it comes alive so not a prob i think.. regarding ur stats that a major chunk is used by phone idle check the processes that are running in background n kill the unused 3rd party one's but otherwise its totally fine.. i get approximately 24-30 hours on normal usage (few calls and maybe 30-50 texts with wifi or data always on) and about 12-15 hours on heavy usage (like games, music and wifi browsing)

k4ce

Youngling
^ thanks for the quick response ... good to know that my battery is fine... these stats I have posted have hardly any third party background apps running ... but still I think it is respectable :) ...

And I just cannot turn off wifi as I unlock my fone once I get a mail :D .. and not the other way around ... the only thing I miss with stock ROM is that games dont run as smooth as they do on Megatron or LOL ... But I can sacrifice that for 20~30pc extra battery life ...

Cheers...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
^^

how exactly did u actually start losing more battery after installing a custom rom?? which rom did u flash.. because for me it was the other way round.. also i read in the xda that it doesn't matter if ur processor is oc'd cos its gonna use the same voltage so i don think it would suck up battery.. but still if u want u could use megatron rom and create a folder (minitron) as told by the developer to get ur speed back to stock.. the customized rom basically removes unwanted processes and applications from your phone which speeds the phone..

k4ce

Youngling
^ well, I am a heavy wifi user and I can clearly make out the difference ... and i try out a rom for at least a week before concluding ...

Clearly megatron and LOL (the onnly two ROMs I have used) have the same issue ... clearly with wifi on, the battery life is terrible .. at times i lose in excess of 30pc when I am asleep ... Have never achieved more than 30 hours ....

Stock rom is now running for 37hours and i still have 14pc juice left ... I basically use my fone to stay connected on chat and email all the time ... wifi or data ... so I am ok wth losing out a little bit in games and a slightly sluggish UI ...

and when you overclock, your proc consumes more power .. (simple way to observe this ... check out battery temp ... your battery temp will be over 0.5C of the standard )

bharathbala2003

why need title?
* I've made an easy and friendly way to decrease the clock back to stock 600Mhz. Instead of needing to use SetCPU, you just need to create a folder in your SDcard called "minitron" (without the ""), then reboot your phone. Your clock will be now back to 600Mhz. If you wish to revert it to the default 728Mhz, just delete the folder and reboot your phone again. Since the voltage is the same for both clocks, battery consumption should be around the same too.

since this was told by the developer i assumed it could be the case.. but i did notice the slight increase in battery temp's..

[ROM] Megatron v1 (experimental, performance-oriented, beta kernel) - xda-developers

guru_urug

iGoogle
I read on the xda forums megatron thread that the developer of megatron "highly suggest you flash void"
[ROM] Megatron v1 (experimental, performance-oriented, beta kernel) - xda-developers

when the dev himself is not confident of his ROM....Im having 2nd thoughts.
Ive created the minitron folder and running the phone at 600Mhz only....while playing games i increase to 729
Ive downloaded void "echo"...has anyone tried this? is this bttr than megatron?

Also I read tht the galaxy ace has the same microprocy ie msm 7227 but its clocked at 800mhz...so does it mean tht even O1 is safe at 800mhz? I know the base boards are diff but still...how much diff will it make? someone with bttr mobile hw knowledge pls explain

P.S
I read in the qualcomm datasheet tht this procy has a 800Mhz max turbo mode.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
^^

The dev says to flash void to get the same benefits with more customisation.. the process of installing void is not easy as installing other rom's so id suggest to first try the others and get to know the different settings n stuff before proceeding.. if you read the void introduction he says its a mix of both his previous rom's..

well as for oc'ing.. i have seen videos of ppl oc'ing o1 to 806 mhz.. but also mind that not all processors support.. there are ppl who have faced issues when they tried to increase it.. but 730 is a safe bet as there is no reported issue..

upendra_gp

In the zone
hi everyone! void is my first custom ROM on my LG optimus one and i must say it is just amazing. all that bloatware LG installs is gone and also u can install any software u want for anything u wanna do. plus u get more free space and ram to install good games. dont worry1 the process given on the thread is very simple. i will say everyone should try it!:mrgreen:
btw did anyone try alpha 4 of unofficial cm7 mod for o1?

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

I read on the xda forums megatron thread that the developer of megatron "highly suggest you flash void"

when the dev himself is not confident of his ROM....Im having 2nd thoughts.
Ive created the minitron folder and running the phone at 600Mhz only....while playing games i increase to 729
Ive downloaded void "echo"...has anyone tried this? is this bttr than megatron?

Also I read tht the galaxy ace has the same microprocy ie msm 7227 but its clocked at 800mhz...so does it mean tht even O1 is safe at 800mhz? I know the base boards are diff but still...how much diff will it make? someone with bttr mobile hw knowledge pls explain

P.S
I read in the qualcomm datasheet tht this procy has a 800Mhz max turbo mode.

i think samsung will be using a diff voltage for cpu.also dont oc too much as the temp in india is warm-hot but in europe or usa it is quite cold. so they can afford to oc more without worrying abt temp.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but why exactly 710Mhz? also it depends on the processor. some remains stable at 810Mhz while others will enter into a boot loop even at 650-680Mhz.

guru_urug

iGoogle
to be frank...I tried taking it to 806Mhz and ran benchmarks too for abt an hour...performance was much better obviously...and it was stable too, nothing out of the ordinary happened. The batt temp increased by 0.1 deg cel. I brought it back to stock freq once I was done benchmarking...

I agree tht overclocking too much shorten lifespan...but the general consensus is tht 729Mhz is fine.
msm7227 is a very stable procy and neva heard or read of any burnouts yet.

Maybe once somebody is tired of O1 and getting new phone and thinking of experimenting with it by overclocking we will know how much the procy is capable of. :p

Top Bottom