The LG Optimus One Thread

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Glad to see the O1 user numbers increasing.

Can someone help me with this issue?
I took a quick backup of my contacts from my old nokia phone to sim and contacts with multiple numbers were created like XYZ, XYZ1, XYZ2...Now I want to merge these contacts as a single contact like XYZ.
I tried the stock contacts app, and I guess there is no option for doing this..or maybe I missed. Is there any app/option to do this?

I will really appreciate some help. :)

funzuloo

Broken In
Hello Friends....
Me too a proud owner of O1...but I need some help of urs....
I accidentally deleted my Default Dictionary data from SD Card...that comes with the phone itself... i cant use the dictionary anymore....shows warning cannot read DB file on SD Card.....can someone please upload that folder... i guess the folder name is "edictionary"....i shall be very thankful....

niraj87

Broken In
Hello Friends....
Me too a proud owner of O1...but I need some help of urs....
I accidentally deleted my Default Dictionary data from SD Card...that comes with the phone itself... i cant use the dictionary anymore....shows warning cannot read DB file on SD Card.....can someone please upload that folder... i guess the folder name is "edictionary"....i shall be very thankful....

This is a great free dictionary for Android :

Download the apk:
WordMate.apk

Download the SD card folder (20mb) here :
WordMate | Dictionary

Last edited:

me1

Broken In
So..am I the only one using 'whatsapp'? If not to send messages, don't you atleast have it to receive messages?
I know that it doesn't support India, Thailand and Malaysia. But thats the first thing I downloaded from the market, because those who want to send me text messages from across the world, could do it for free. Recently, when I checked their website it said they support all countries, but I wasn't too sure. And about two days back, a freind visiting Thailand sent me a message through whatsapp, because she couldnt reach me through MSN, she said, that she wasn't charged. I sent out messages from my phone, but service charges are deducted from my phone. If provider service charges are not applicable in Thailand, its should not be applicable in India too..
Can any of you send out a message to someone or to yourself and check if service charges are applicable in India?
For example my service provider is Airtel, and I get charged Rs 1 when I send a message to myself through whatsapp.

funzuloo

Broken In
@niraj87 Thanks its a very nice dictionary.....

but i want that pre installed dictionary too....if u or anyone can upload that "edictionary" folder in SD Card I shall be really very thankfull....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
this phone is good..but it will automatically become for its price if it 16 m screen colours without the need of a debate

MasterMinds

hell boy
hi all,
me too another owner of O1, and loving it,
bought it on friday for 12.2k.
now i think i will need help of u guys for taking the most out of this phone.
lot of reading to be done i think.

all in all the best phone one can get for the price....!!!!

me1

Broken In
Glad to see the O1 user numbers increasing.

Can someone help me with this issue?
I took a quick backup of my contacts from my old nokia phone to sim and contacts with multiple numbers were created like XYZ, XYZ1, XYZ2...Now I want to merge these contacts as a single contact like XYZ.
I tried the stock contacts app, and I guess there is no option for doing this..or maybe I missed. Is there any app/option to do this?

I will really appreciate some help. :)

You could delete all the contacts, but before deleting export to SD card. You can then find a .vcf file in thinkfree, you can't open or view a .vcf file with thinkfree, but if you have Estrong installed you can open and edit the list. Then again, if you have to edit, you might as well edit the contact list..
Thats the best I could think of ..sorry, if it doesn't help.

ps: did you have these contacts as contact1,2,3 and so on in your old phone, because i dont see why it would change your contact list ..

It just occured to me that you could use a contact manager. Their are many such apps, both paid and free..

umm..I think you were asking about these apps. I don't know which app is the best, I use the stock one.

Last edited:

gtcdon

Bah humbug
hi guys....i've a doubt....have anyone updated phone's firmware....mine's v10b.....which is the new firmware available?? does it slow down the phone??

nandan

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I was downloading apps & games from the android market and installing them. I could find the installed applications but where do we find these downloaded files in SD card?????

And how to install apps on SD card rather on phone bcoz phone memory is too low????????

:(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can anyone tell me how can i update my firmware on lg p500 without using wifi?

if you are talking about OTA update. no. to update the firmware or the rom theres 2 ways: 1. download the .kdz file from links provided in XDA forum & use LG KDZ Updater to update the firmware. chances are you'll brick your mobile (not kidding). or use LG Updater which too have an equal chance of bricking or rendering the mobile useless. 3rd & good option is install custom recovery & flash a modded rom & be happy. chance of bricking is really low if you follow all steps well & read what you should avoid.

hi guys....i've a doubt....have anyone updated phone's firmware....mine's v10b.....which is the new firmware available?? does it slow down the phone??

V10C but avoid at all cost. it makes mobile slow & brings lot of extra problems. its more like a alpha version from the amount of problems reported. no improvement at all.

phooka

Broken In
Hi Sam,.

I was under the impression that the latest firmware version was V10E . Its another matter that I have not been able to update the firmware using Lg updater till now - the phone just goes into "emergency mode".

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
You could delete all the contacts, but before deleting export to SD card. You can then find a .vcf file in thinkfree, you can't open or view a .vcf file with thinkfree, but if you have Estrong installed you can open and edit the list. Then again, if you have to edit, you might as well edit the contact list..
Thats the best I could think of ..sorry, if it doesn't help.

ps: did you have these contacts as contact1,2,3 and so on in your old phone, because i dont see why it would change your contact list ..

It just occured to me that you could use a contact manager. Their are many such apps, both paid and free..

umm..I think you were asking about these apps. I don't know which app is the best, I use the stock one.

Thanks for your input.

Like I said I had to take a backup of my contacts from old phone, so in a hurry I copied them all to the SIM before sending it for repairs and that resulted in multiple contacts.

Will try to find an app.

funzuloo

Broken In
Hi...
I want to upgrade my SD Card to 8 or 16 GB.......i want to know and want all you to suggest which will be good to use 8 or 16....will using 16 gb card slows down the phone in anyway....and i also want to know which is a better brand Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend, or any other.....

Top Bottom