The LG Optimus One Thread

guru_urug

iGoogle
Still confused abt which gb rom to use....
which one do u guys use?

has anyone tried andy's lastest one?
also mik's 6.3(stable) or 6.5?

k4ce

Youngling
Still confused abt which gb rom to use....
which one do u guys use?

has anyone tried andy's lastest one?
also mik's 6.3(stable) or 6.5?

I am puzzled why 6.5 is nt marked stable ... go for 6.5 ... u wont regret it .... :) ... its battery backup is better than 6.3

i too set the SOC @ 768Mhz today for around an hour. no stability problem.

setcpu = ondemand?

See, as long as you don't get a kernel panic, you dont have to worry about how much you OC it to ... But, I never have OCed my phone and dont see the need to ... everything is smooth as it is ....

It puzzles me why OCers use conservative governers .... You are OCing because you want performance ... then use 'Performance' governer .... :p

I use 600/325 smartass ... phone remains cool and performance across is smooth ... maybe a small lag while level loads up in Rio (After 15~20 levels), but gameplay is smooth

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i too set the SOC @ 768Mhz today for around an hour. no stability problem.

setcpu = ondemand?

I change the frequency using SetCPU manually and use ondemand settings. Then change back. I don't have many processor intensive games...

guru_urug

iGoogle
Im no expert...but I feel ondemand produces jerkiness since the processor scales so much.specially when u tap(scales to max) and remove finger(scales to min)...doing this repeatedly cud be bad.Use performance governor and see the difference...if u are worried abt harming the processor, I reckon using ondemand is worse!( read franscisco's thread) 729 with performance governor is not gonna harm ur phone. Temp below 40 cel is ok. If not performance atleast use smartass but keep small diff between max and min freq

Thanks @k4ce downloading mik's 6.5 now :)

bugsome

Broken In
I am confused guys..I badly need an android mobile..Should i go for Optimus one or should i wait for Wildwire S....? My budget is evident from the options i am considering...Please help guyz...

guru_urug

iGoogle
@sam kernal panics include phone freezes, abrupt reboots, and usually accompanied by the flashing backlights of the 4 keys below d screen.

@bugsome wildfire S will be overpriced(arnd 15k). Except for the cam, HTCsense UI everything else is same as optimus one.
Just today I went to get O1 for a friend of mine. We got it for 10k. So u decide if wildfire S is worth 5k more...IMO go for O1. else even try galaxy ace @14k

Whoa!!! I just flashed miks gb rom v6.5...getting 60.5 fps on neocore!!
settings:
729MHZ performance,with sound off
with sound on it 56.5fps!!!!

thnks k4ce for suggesting this one!! loving the fluidity and performance already!

k4ce

Youngling
how to know when the kernel panics?

Kernel Panic would produce the flashing 4 lights as rightly mentioned above ... this is also associated with a screen turning blank with text (similar to the one u see in recovery) with the text KERNEL PANIC and some related info

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam kernal panics include phone freezes, abrupt reboots, and usually accompanied by the flashing backlights of the 4 keys below d screen.

can't remember about flashing of 4 lights but mobile did freeze when i tied to overclock a bit too much.

Except for the cam, HTCsense UI everything else is same as optimus one.

GSMArena stated WS got a bad camera.

Whoa!!! I just flashed miks gb rom v6.5...getting 60.5 fps on neocore!!
settings:
729MHZ performance,with sound off
with sound on it 56.5fps!!!!

in 30min i2 should have same kind of score :-D

this is also associated with a screen turning blank with text (similar to the one u see in recovery) with the text KERNEL PANIC and some related info

just mobile freezed for me. no msg displayed.

BTW, which recovery to use for flashing CM7? amonra or clockwork mod?

guru_urug

iGoogle
I had tried andys gb rom long back...must say gb for o1 has come a long way... :smile:
Really good work by mik and andy

@Sam even my phone froze twice when I overclcked over 806..I got flashing lights once...the second time it didn't. Maybe becoz I immediately removed the battery. If you probably wait long enuf u will get the android bsod :p with the blinking

@k4ce I followed ur procedure of flashing to the word...except the tweaks flashing...wud it cause problems? I want performance...I don't use GPRS/3G only wifi...batt life shudnt be a prob I guess..I don't want tweaks to mess up the rom.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok as i have finished flashing, & used for 5min. i didn't liked 1 thing: even if WiFi is on, it is not shown in status bar. & also no shortcut to enable data package. missing both.

& now 1 last thing. should i flash franco's tweaks?

k4ce

Youngling
@sam and @guru_urug .... I have always used CM7 with tweaks ... never without ... so I can assure you it wouldn't mess anything up ... just don't play with build.prop or locale ... also don't flash data2sd ... But Franco's tweaks, a big yes ...

Also, get the battery calib app from market and recalibrate your battery stats ....

@sam ... that hasn't happened to me ... regarding wifi indicator ... infact it is better now ... switching between white and green (depending on inactivity/activity) ... did u change theme ?... reboot and check

on a side note, this seems to be the third largest thread on Mobile Monsters after iPhone/iPod and Nokia 5800XM ... Awesum :)

guru_urug

iGoogle
@sam I agree with k4ce no probs with the wifi status indicator....like the new white and green indicator as he mentioned,its a nice touch :) For data connection shortcut try the power control widget, its highly customisable.

@k4ce I flashed darktremor app2sd as u mentioned, I hope its ok?
Flashing franco's tweaks now :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam ... that hasn't happened to me ... regarding wifi indicator ... infact it is better now ... switching between white and green (depending on inactivity/activity) ... did u change theme ?... reboot and check

actually i turned on WiFi but it didn't connected. so no indication. should have checked.

For data connection shortcut try the power control widget, its highly customisable.

after doing a bit of customization found that shortcut. & the power control got hell lot of options. nice.

BTW how to check what class memory card i have? there was a memory card benchmark but forgotten the name. any help?

will flash franco's tweaks soon. but mobile is heating up badly (same when i tried nessy rom). is H/W acceleration on?

@k4ce & guru_urug, can you please confirm the size of franco's tweak zip? is it 31kb? don't want to mess my mobile installing a damaged patch.

Top Bottom