The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
3 ways to format:

1. Format the card from your phone
swap 0 ext 0 remaining -all

2. If you use Linux, its easy to format the card as Linux can read ext partitions.

3. Through win- use sd formatter v2.0. It can format the card to original state i.e. remove ext.

thanks. saved it. will use it if i need.

Last edited:

sim

Broken In
some of appl i came across after going through internet which may be useful...

Bonsai Blast
Rings Extended
Retro Clock Widget
ringdroid
bfloder
bebbled
gmote.2.0
picsay
google sky map
handcent
Clayton Bigsby Soundboard
bubble
multi picture wallpaper

i dont have much idea about these application but if some1 can put his review about these & some must have appl which people should download will be very useful

i bought my lg 01 last month & i have download only 1 appl i.e .......angry bird :( .....still want to know about more appl which may be useful

therefore any help will be highly app....

thanks

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
some of appl i came across after going through internet which may be useful...

Bonsai Blast
Rings Extended
Retro Clock Widget
ringdroid
bfloder
bebbled
gmote.2.0
picsay
google sky map
handcent
Clayton Bigsby Soundboard
bubble
multi picture wallpaper

i dont have much idea about these application but if some1 can put his review about these & some must have appl which people should download will be very useful

i bought my lg 01 last month & i have download only 1 appl i.e .......angry bird :( .....still want to know about more appl which may be useful

therefore any help will be highly app....

thanks

Download Angry Birds Rio... it is smoother than the original angry birds.

One of my favorite games is Armored Defense II (lite). Highly recommended.

You can download the apps you would need. Handcent is a nice group SMS app, but I have not used it.

I also have Mr. Number to block phone calls and SMS from unwanted numbers.

Then there is the regular Twitter, Facebook, Skype apps... Nothing much else yet...

Cheers!

k4ce

Youngling
I already flashed the andy kernel to mik os, and there was not a such improvement as I thought. Might andy added patches to lib and build.prop. Have to test it now.

settled down with GB Milk_OS Beta 5 ... Although Andy's had slightly better battery, Milk_OS is a pure CM rom ... something that Optimus One never had ... so will stick to this for a month ... just praying that I hit the 24 hour mark ... wiped battery stats ... will update battery life in a day or so

Download Angry Birds Rio... it is smoother than the original angry birds.

One of my favorite games is Armored Defense II (lite). Highly recommended.

You can download the apps you would need. Handcent is a nice group SMS app, but I have not used it.

I also have Mr. Number to block phone calls and SMS from unwanted numbers.

Then there is the regular Twitter, Facebook, Skype apps... Nothing much else yet...

Cheers!

This is what I have installed :shock:

5001 Amazing Facts
9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011
AdFree
ADW Notifier
ADWLauncher EX
AK Notepad
Amtalee
Androidify
Angry Birds
Angry Birds
Angry Birds Rio
Anim Mod
App 2 SD Pro
Armored Strike
AsciiCamera Donate
ASTRO
ASTRO Pro
aTilt 3D Labyrinth
Barcode Scanner
Baseball Superstars™ 2010
Beautiful Widgets
Beautiful Widgets Animations Addon
Blow Up
Bluetooth File Transfer
Browsix
Burning Tires
Camera360 Ultimate
Chess
Chompy's Dodgeball
Comics
Concise
Connected Music Player
Cyberlords - Arcology
Documents To Go
Doodle Jump
Dungeon 3D
Facebook
Fancy Widget Pro
FxCamera
Gesture Search
Gingerbread Dash!
GO SMS Emoji Plugin
GO SMS Pro
Goggles
Google Reader
Google Translate
handyCalc
Hungry Shark
iBasket
ICC T20 2010
Jokes
Layar
Listen
MarblesTD
Moblox
MoboPlayer
Moon+ Reader Pro
NDrive
News and Weather
NFS Shift
Nimbuzz
Ninja Go!
Ninja Kaka Pro
OI File Manager
Paper Toss
PBA Bowling 2
PES2011
PokerKinG
Pool Rebel
PRO Zoom Camera 5X
Quickoffice
QuickPic
Raging Thunder 2
Ringdroid
RockPlayer
screenshot
SetCPU
Shazam
Shush! Ringer Restorer
Smart Keyboard Pro
Sniper vs. Sniper:Online
Speed Test
Squibble
Street View
Super Dynamite Fishing
SwordRequiem
Talking Hippo
Talking Tom
Tapatalk
TasKiller
Terminal Emulator
Text Battery Widget Pro
Tiki Golf 3D
Titanium Backup
ToonWarz
Trillian
TubeMate
TV Shows Stream
Twitter
Vignette
Virtual Table Tennis 3D
VLC Remote
WiFi File Explorer PRO
Winamp
X Construct
Zedge
Zemna AppList Backup (This is the apps that can save the listing of your application to xml file, open tht in excel and post here :) )
Zomato

settled down with GB Milk_OS Beta 5 ... Although Andy's had slightly better battery, Milk_OS is a pure CM rom ... something that Optimus One never had ... so will stick to this for a month ... just praying that I hit the 24 hour mark ... wiped battery stats ... will update battery life in a day or so

Different opinion now after using GB/CM7 :mrgreen:

Yes ... any ROM will hwacc will have battery issues ... Upgrade to GB only once a stable build is out there ... else battery drain will be massive ...

k4ce

Youngling
Different opinion now after using GB/CM7 :mrgreen:

Same opinion ... It's just that I am itching to try something new ... thats all ...

And one question, how did all my apps come back ... I just flashed the rom and app2sd (and left the data connection running) ... all my apps came back (at least the ones installed from market did) ... how ?... never happened before ...

Same opinion ... It's just that I am itching to try something new ... thats all ...

And one question, how did all my apps come back ... I just flashed the rom and app2sd (and left the data connection running) ... all my apps came back (at least the ones installed from market did) ... how ?... never happened before ...

This is the feature of GB :mrgreen: All the apps will automatically be installed through market, once you restore/format your phone i.e. even the paid ones :)

PS: Google backup your phone settings including wifi wpa etc keys. Once you restore the phone, they all will be back too.

You can disable that if you want from settings.

k4ce

Youngling
This is the feature of GB :mrgreen: All the apps will automatically be installed through market, once you restore/format your phone i.e. even the paid ones :)

PS: Google backup your phone settings including wifi wpa etc keys. Once you restore the phone, they all will be back too.

You can disable that if you want from settings.

Thats sweet ... Just what I want .. So I can keep jumping from one beta version to another ...

But how could it download so many apps so quickly using my slow EDGE connection ?..Hmmm ...

And maybe we both should start a separate thread for our conversation :D ... the most active members here ... anyway .. battery down to 75 pc ... but it downloaded and installed some 30 apps ... so guess thats fine ..

Thats sweet ... Just what I want .. So I can keep jumping from one beta version to another ...

But how could it download so many apps so quickly using my slow EDGE connection ?..Hmmm ...

And maybe we both should start a separate thread for our conversation :D ... the most active members here ... anyway .. battery down to 75 pc ... but it downloaded and installed some 30 apps ... so guess thats fine ..

May be you are using 3g :D Battery is better than froyo (HW on, JIT on etc) in this build until you don't use 3g and maps.

Separate thread ? :mrgreen:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
I found the cm7 beta 4 and megatron were almost similar when it comes to battery backup.. beta 5 drains quite a bit more.. no wonder lg takes so long to release the 2.3 update.. most of their kernel sources are buggy and they are waiting for one of the xda gb roms :p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I found the cm7 beta 4 and megatron were almost similar when it comes to battery backup.. beta 5 drains quite a bit more.. no wonder lg takes so long to release the 2.3 update.. most of their kernel sources are buggy and they are waiting for one of the xda gb roms :p

LG is a large company. They can provide stock Gingerbread on O1 if they really wanted to. All entry-level androids are using the same chipset and gpu combination... If part-time hackers on XDA can do it... LG ought to do it better.

These Korean companies don't understand the importance of software...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wiped battery stats

what it does exactly?

WOW. another reason to try GB over ageing Froyo but....... will wait till a fully stable release (out of beta).

BTW, both GB based roms have HW acc on?

they are waiting for one of the xda gb roms :p

:lol:

LG is a large company. They can provide stock Gingerbread on O1 if they really wanted to. All entry-level androids are using the same chipset and gpu combination... If part-time hackers on XDA can do it... LG ought to do it better.

to distinguish their mobile from the others. but sadly, these very skins take the toll on their mobiles. why don't they buy Launcher Pro & use it freely.

they do understand but not the common man. most will look for the best H/W & also which theme looks best (HTC Sense). these software bugs are found way later & most are small. like SD card unmounting for 8Gb cards, lag when typing fast, etc.

what it does exactly?

A recalibration is mostly needed, when dealing with different kernels

Here is how ya do it!

1. Enter Recovery Mode
2. do a full nandroid (or nandroid+ext) backup
3. Enter "Wipe"-Menu
4. do "Battery stats wipe"
5. reboot

Also :

Calibrate your Battery

Calibrate the battery by completely draining it until the phone completely shuts itself off.
Turn the phone on again and let it shut itself off one more time.
Then charge your phone while it is off for over 8 hours.
This will fully charge the battery so that when the Android is turned on, it now sees the battery as full.

It is recommended to repeat this process at least one more time.

You should see a significant increase in your battery’s charge life.

Calibration of a battery can be done at any point and a maintenance calibration is recommended every month.

bharathbala2003

why need title?

They are more intent on releasing new phones rather than updating the little old models.. in fact even their optimus 2x and black will be running 2.2 and not 2.3! thats like a step backwards in terms of software.. in fact the latest patch they released consists of a kernel made by an xda member.. so you can see where the gb release stands.. one can only pray andy and mik can sort out the bugs soon so that lg will release the official gb :p

k4ce

Youngling
May be you are using 3g :D Battery is better than froyo (HW on, JIT on etc) in this build until you don't use 3g and maps.

Separate thread ? :mrgreen:

Hmm ... I don't even have 3g plan enabled :D ... And maps are not installed ... I know the issues with maps (especially if you have enabled latitude) ...

Anyways, battery has lasted for a day on moderate use :)

Pros of GB:
1. Performance is better
2. The email app ... it finally syncs with my corporate mail (on foryo, I was using enhanced email)

Cons:
1. Battery :(
2. Google backup has restored by contacts 4 times over (so my contact book is a mess)
3. No divX ... :(

But I think I shall stick with it :D .. for a while at least ...

They are more intent on releasing new phones rather than updating the little old models.. in fact even their optimus 2x and black will be running 2.2 and not 2.3! thats like a step backwards in terms of software.. in fact the latest patch they released consists of a kernel made by an xda member.. so you can see where the gb release stands.. one can only pray andy and mik can sort out the bugs soon so that lg will release the official gb :p

I understand your frustration but releasing an update is not so easy .... and it is better to have an optimised version of the OS rather than the latest (read HTC Incredible S which runs froyo) ...

And yes, I only pray Andy and Milk_OS do it cos they our fone will finally have a proper CM rom ...

Hmm ... I don't even have 3g plan enabled :D ... And maps are not installed ... I know the issues with maps (especially if you have enabled latitude) ...

Anyways, battery has lasted for a day on moderate use :)

2. Google backup has restored by contacts 4 times over (so my contact book is a mess)
3. No divX ... :(

2. You should edit your contacts @gmail and then sync, it would be much easier :) I dont save my contacts to pc sync, all goes to gmail and had no issues whenever I restore backup from google server.

3. Try mobo player.

PS: Andy released another update for 3g/wifi battery issue :shock:

k4ce

Youngling
2. You should edit your contacts @gmail and then sync, it would be much easier :) I dont save my contacts to pc sync, all goes to gmail and had no issues whenever I restore backup from google server.

3. Try mobo player.

PS: Andy released another update for 3g/wifi battery issue :shock:

Oh man ... I wish Milk incorporates em ... I like Milk's ROM more cos it's proper CM7 with Cyanogen menus and stuff ... Tempted to flash ....

I would prefer if the Divx playback was incorporated as then I can directly play my vids using DoubleTwist ... The only multimedia app that I like ..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
A recalibration is mostly needed, when dealing with different kernels

just now flashed Mik's v1.1 kernal over Void. so battery wipe required? or am i good as it is?

Here is how ya do it!

1. Enter Recovery Mode
2. do a full nandroid (or nandroid+ext) backup
3. Enter "Wipe"-Menu
4. do "Battery stats wipe"
5. reboot

i know the process but don't know the use.

Calibrate your Battery

Calibrate the battery by completely draining it until the phone completely shuts itself off.
Turn the phone on again and let it shut itself off one more time.
Then charge your phone while it is off for over 8 hours.
This will fully charge the battery so that when the Android is turned on, it now sees the battery as full.

It is recommended to repeat this process at least one more time.

You should see a significant increase in your battery’s charge life.

Calibration of a battery can be done at any point and a maintenance calibration is recommended every month.

thanks. will drain battery & follow the procedure :smile:

Top Bottom