The LG Optimus One Thread

k4ce

Youngling
No mik version has bugs and it cant be used for daily purpose until those bugs are resolved. Try the andy's GB also available @xda. That one is working fine with smooth and speed.

No bugs at all except fm radio doesn't work (I never listen to FM) and you need third party apps for usb/wifi tether. I am using it from 1st day and now after rc1, its awesome and even angry birds doesn't lag in 50-60 levels (complex levels) which was a prob with froyo (void, megatron, nessy, lol v1.4, any rom you name it, I hv tried all :grin:)

and battery life ?... Cos I always leave data connection (EDGE) and wifi active on my phone always ... I found massive battery drain with milk_os GB beta 3 ... so if I can squeeze out 1.5 days on it like I could with Void, I will be happy to flash back to GB....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
will downgrade to V10b tonight (after 2hrs, downloading) & Gingerbread, maybe tomorrow.

Why Gingerbread? A lot of stuff doesn't work... its still beta. A stable rom would be a better idea... unless you have some extra features in mind that I am not aware about...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
lets see. 1st i need to downgrade. then will think what to try next. i'll either wait or go for void/light2 rom.

V10b is slower than V10c. I ran benchmarks on my stock V10c and again after downgrading to V10b. The new results were lower across the board (Neocore, Quadrant, BenchmarkPi, Linpack)

Only the custom ROM saved the day...

^^^Use easytether for usb tethering.

@dreatica: after reading ur prev posts, I upgraded to andy's gb rc1 :grin:
Must say its quick and stable, except for a few bugs.
With the default kernel in the rom, I guess the touchscreen bug exists since I see the cpu load go to 100% on touch.
I flashed miks v1.1 kernel and prob still der.

Pls tell me which kernel to flash.
I was using cavemans v1.0 with void echo and that was the best one IMO. shud I flash tht?

yes caveman/sippolo can do that but I think you will lose some of the patches that andy build in the default kernel.

PS: you must try playing any game to see if the cpu affects the game performance for you, For me : its as good as without the miks kernel.

I am having. battery drain issue with Andy's rom. anybody else is having????

and battery life ?... Cos I always leave data connection (EDGE) and wifi active on my phone always ... I found massive battery drain with milk_os GB beta 3 ... so if I can squeeze out 1.5 days on it like I could with Void, I will be happy to flash back to GB....

wifi does cause the battery drain issue, but piabolo or some guy made a patch to fix that by reducing the wifi power to 15-20. You can flash that script through recovery and then by terminal or adb shell, can change the values.

@mastermind : the problem with the battery drain is also due to google maps, as it doesnt automatically suspend/off. By using a task killer and manually killing maps would give you atleast one day battery.

hope it helps. :)

PS: I am using andy with edge/3g(for 1-2 hours)/sync all day and battery gives me 1 day usage maximum.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
V10b is slower than V10c. I ran benchmarks on my stock V10c and again after downgrading to V10b. The new results were lower across the board (Neocore, Quadrant, BenchmarkPi, Linpack)

Only the custom ROM saved the day...

maybe a system restore will do the trick. will post the result after i am done,

ok going to downgrade. last 2 questions:

1. we need to install lg drivers? only installed lg usb drivers only.
2. mass store needs to be off. what about usb debugging?

what should we download first after getting LG 01 for those who r new to android

please can someone help by telling step by step

i have downloaded 1 game so far nothing else as i am new to android

waiting for a reply....thanks to every1 for their inputs & much needed help...kudos to all :razz:

Visit here :

LG Optimus One, P500, V - xda-developers

you will get all the answers, and if you still face any doubt, ask here :)

Why Gingerbread? A lot of stuff doesn't work... its still beta. A stable rom would be a better idea... unless you have some extra features in mind that I am not aware about...

Well, if you are asking about features of CM/GB : see here :grin:

*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-17b6-0db8.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa171fb-f602-95cc.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-147a-c80f.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa171fb-fa04-5ce3.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa22686-854b-0209.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-152e-37b8.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-16aa-1366.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-1c21-626d.jpg

More features that are included in CM here : :grin:
CM 7 By Mik. Features/Screenshots (Based on Gingerbread aka Android 2.3) - xda-developers

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
maybe early next month, at least one (andy or mik) will release a stable & ready gingerbread rom. cause almost all the bugs are already fixed, with the exception of USB tethering & a few small others.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

As long as your PC detects your phone, everything should be fine. I suggest enabling USB debugging. Don't know if disabling it would be a problem...

You would need

*i.imgur.com/LQrMT.jpg

and V10b ROM...

Cheers!

1. If you install Lg pc suite with the drivers, you can disable the pc suite from the taskbar. Or the driver would suffice your needs. Your choice ;-)

2. usb debugging should be enabled

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
downgrade successful (special thanks to androidfan). taken hardly 5min. mobile just turned off. so turned on & it taken 2-3min to boot up completely. retain all my settings as well apps.

tomorrow, or day after tomorrow its going to be Void or......... lets see.

downgrade successful (special thanks to androidfan). taken hardly 5min. mobile just turned off. so turned on & it taken 2-3min to boot up completely. retain all my settings as well apps.

tomorrow, or day after tomorrow its going to be Void or......... lets see.

Congrats :)

If you are interested in void, have a look at nessy too. Its exactly as void in terms on features, but its based on android 2.2.2 which is the latest update.

@dreatica

CM7 Gingerbread looks awesome... :)

Cheers!

Yes, its :) I must say this is the classic buy for those within 10-15k budget.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
interested only in void & nessy till a bugfree gingerbread is not available.

also v10b isn't laggy in anyway as androidfan told. but the lag is still there.

interested only in void & nessy till a bugfree gingerbread is not available.

also v10b isn't laggy in anyway as androidfan told. but the lag is still there.

v10b lags in games like angry birds after 50-60 level. dungeon defendor, nes games, psx gaming when I played nfs.

I have tried void/nessy and for me nessy was better.

guru_urug

iGoogle
guys the dust under the screen problem is kinda bugging me now! :x
There are 2-3 big white specks right under the middle of the screen! and smaller particles towards the bottom.
Im thinking of going to a service center and getting it cleaned...anyone done this before? Is it free? under warranty.
I have taken utmost care of my phone and always used the cover provided..even still have the stickers on the phone :neutral: ...still this happened....it doesnt hamper the phones usage but is an eyesore.
Pls advise :)

k4ce

Youngling
Visit here :

LG Optimus One, P500, V - xda-developers

you will get all the answers, and if you still face any doubt, ask here :)

Well, if you are asking about features of CM/GB : see here :grin:

*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-17b6-0db8.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa171fb-f602-95cc.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-147a-c80f.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa171fb-fa04-5ce3.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa22686-854b-0209.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-152e-37b8.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-16aa-1366.jpg
*184.72.239.143/mu/7aa37c4c-1c21-626d.jpg

More features that are included in CM here : :grin:
CM 7 By Mik. Features/Screenshots (Based on Gingerbread aka Android 2.3) - xda-developers

My take on gingerbread ... Yes, it is faster and snappier at 600mhz, but still not worth it for the following reasons:

1. Battery drain (nt just wifi ... even generally, consumes more)
2. some minor bugs (like screen set to lowest brightness level after some unlocks).
3. No DivX support
4. FM Radio does not work (not that I really care)

I feel megatron offers the same performance but manages to hold charge lot longer .... At this point in time, there is no real reason to go in for GB as the ROMs obviously have their issues ... Still do not disregard the work done by Andy and Milk_OS ... they are doing a tremendous job ...

But if you are still compelled to use GB:

Advantages of Andy over Milk_OS :
1. Battery drain seems to be lesser.

Advantages of Milk_OS over andy:
1. OC ability
2. CM menus

Top Bottom