The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
the kernel stuff is kind of confusing to me..so can anybody please tell me which kernel I should use with cm10 so that everything ( wifi, bluetooth ) works well ?

and Happy Holi to all my O1 friends

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Aw damn. :|
Anyway, O1 have come a long way. JB was pushing it against all odds. FF would have been like magic. But technology is not 'magic' in real sense. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
lack of apps. and what if the apps turn out to be incompatible with ARMv6 device. at least Rashed is with us till Android 5.0 comes out.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yup, with Rashed since months now. Upgrading to CM10 Build 7 now (from 6). I was busy from few days so was procrastinating it. I think CM10.1 is a battery hog? So thinking for staying at CM 10.

And flashing that 3.0.68 kernel.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey guys,
Last monday I switched over to the Nexus 4 16GB from the LG optimus one. It was an awesome little device which introduced me to Android and to the baffling new world of possibilities for a mobile device. Every day that I used it for the past 2 yrs 3 months, it amazed me, showed me new tricks and was a constant companion.
I never thought I could change so much in a phone, I have rooted(the primitive way....long back when megatron ROM was the latest :p ), changed kernels, ROMs, dual booted, applied mik's touch patches, dual booted, nandroid backups, tried various recoveries, installed windows 3.1, tried franco's amazing kernels, restored to stock(to get the screen fixed...dust),Overclocked!! and many things I cant even remember right now...
I will forever remember this phone, more than any other I have owned or ever will, coz it was a milestone for me. When I bought it,(at a time when LG didnt have many good phones) ppl laughed at my decision, saying LG is sh*t!! My friends criticized me saying that the phone would fall apart in a few months and that it would not ever see the light of android 2.3.
Boy did I prove them wrong!!!! This phone saw amongst the best developer support on XDA. Great developers, some of which are world renowned in the android world today have unlocked the true potential of this device. This phone saw every android version/custom ROM till date. All of this on a meagre MSM7227 armv6 processor :D I am proud to have been part of this phone's community. This phone probably even turned LG's fate around.
It was sturdy, Ive dropped it several times!! Trust me its fallen very bad, every possible angle on every surface, even got wet in the rain a few times!! But this little sucker never gave up ;) The back cover would come off and the battery would separate but put it back together and I'd be greeted to the boot animation :)
It came with 512MB RAM, even today some mid-range phones have 512MB RAM( 2 years ago it was epic) which is why it has had a long development support with new ROMs being developed even today. There is so much I wanna say about this phone and will probably add more here later as my testimonial to this little gem!

Last but not the least, thank you guys for answering queries and helping me out with any questions I had :D
Special thanks to SAM, AndroidFan, krishnandu.sarkar, vyom and many others on this thread :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What ROM gives the best battery life? GB/ICS any would do?

It's obvious that GB gives better battery life. ICS/JB due to its eye candy, sucks more juice. That being said, it also depends on how you use it. I am on Rashed97's CM 10, and it have a good battery life. It gave me 2 days once.

*i.minus.com/iew2YIxkQWFqM.png

Key is to use battery optimally. Switch off data connection when not needed (although I keep 2G 24x7). 3G and Wifi are biggest bettery suckers. Keeping brightness low indoors also proves beneficial. But I think you can find a GB ROM if battery is your only concern.

Boy did I prove them wrong!!!! This phone saw amongst the best developer support on XDA. Great developers, some of which are world renowned in the android world today have unlocked the true potential of this device. This phone saw every android version/custom ROM till date. All of this on a meagre MSM7227 armv6 processor :D I am proud to have been part of this phone's community. This phone probably even turned LG's fate around.

Boy, I can't tell how overwhelmed I became reading your experience. The epicness of O1 can only be felt by those who have used it.
Optimus one is also my first Android. And I am glad to be a part of this too. It's been about 17 months for my O1, and I intent to use it for few more months, before moving to probably Nexus 5! :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hey guys,
Last monday I switched over to the Nexus 4 16GB from the LG optimus one. It was an awesome little device which introduced me to Android and to the baffling new world of possibilities for a mobile device. Every day that I used it for the past 2 yrs 3 months, it amazed me, showed me new tricks and was a constant companion.
I never thought I could change so much in a phone, I have rooted(the primitive way....long back when megatron ROM was the latest :p ), changed kernels, ROMs, dual booted, applied mik's touch patches, dual booted, nandroid backups, tried various recoveries, installed windows 3.1, tried franco's amazing kernels, restored to stock(to get the screen fixed...dust),Overclocked!! and many things I cant even remember right now...
I will forever remember this phone, more than any other I have owned or ever will, coz it was a milestone for me. When I bought it,(at a time when LG didnt have many good phones) ppl laughed at my decision, saying LG is sh*t!! My friends criticized me saying that the phone would fall apart in a few months and that it would not ever see the light of android 2.3.
It was sturdy, Ive dropped it several times!! Trust me its fallen very bad, every possible angle on every surface, even got wet in the rain a few times!! But this little sucker never gave up ;) The back cover would come off and the battery would separate but put it back together and I'd be greeted to the boot animation :)
It came with 512MB RAM, even today some mid-range phones have 512MB RAM( 2 years ago it was epic) which is why it has had a long development support with new ROMs being developed even today. There is so much I wanna say about this phone and will probably add more here later as my testimonial to this little gem!

Last but not the least, thank you guys for answering queries and helping me out with any questions I had :D
Special thanks to SAM, AndroidFan, krishnandu.sarkar, vyom and many others on this thread :)

Cheers bro... :D

Congratulations on getting the Nexus 4... :)

LG Optimus One is indeed a very rugged phone... Even I have dropped it countless times, and it still lives....

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The only occasion where I seem to recall dropping my phone is when, I found out that my phone was lying below my bed in the morning, after I wake up.
So, I never dropped it intentionally. I am just too careful! :p

Makx

Game on
Finally installed cm10.1 jenkins :razz: and 140 mb left in Internal storage!!!
I thought cm10 didn't use ext and I would be left with no internal storage, so hadn't installed it for months. I would have installed it months ago if I knew otherwise.
Its a brand new phone experience once again :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom