The LG Optimus One Thread

y2karthik

Broken In
hephappy building 3.0.8 Kernel for ICS....
*github.com/GenetICS/vendor_cm/commit/d270f8de77e86867faa251d001f14cd871316aec

kaz

right here
great news :)
@SAM I am experiencing force close sometimes on Video Recording on Slimbean ? Did you notice this?

great news :)
@SAM I am experiencing force close sometimes on Video Recording on Slimbean ? Did you notice this?

tmanikandan

The Incredible
Tried to flash the MIUI ICS 2.10.12 and getting the error "Installation Aborted" while flashing. What might be cause of this error ? Have tried with 2.10.14 and same error. Where am I going wrong ?

Currenty using GenetICS 9.1.7

Edit - Erased SD Card again and reflashed again. It Worked :). UI is awesome.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hope you haven't missed cm-9.2.ALPHA-GenetICS-PLUS-p500.zip

GenetICS Plus (with 3.0 kernel) from Hep. (Note : GPS and Camera not working)

BTW Version 4 Kernel Released [KERNEL][GPL][ICS|JB|2.6.35.14] sweetnsour.kernel-version4 - xda-developers

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hope you haven't missed cm-9.2.ALPHA-GenetICS-PLUS-p500.zip

GenetICS Plus (with 3.0 kernel) from Hep. (Note : GPS and Camera not working)

BTW Version 4 Kernel Released [KERNEL][GPL][ICS|JB|2.6.35.14] sweetnsour.kernel-version4 - xda-developers

I had flashed kernel 3a only yesterday...

Back on SmartassV2 from SmartassH3...

Also, this kernel has a very high rate of battery drain while playing videos...

Going to CFS from BFS... experiencing slowdowns...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Me too waiting for the feedback from released date :p

BTW feedback from XDA users seems good. There's some problem with Link2SD or apps like that (reported by few users, while others didn't face any problem) but basic things of ROM works perfectly fine.

gmg9

in the kaya
Me too waiting for the feedback from released date :p

BTW feedback from XDA users seems good. There's some problem with Link2SD or apps like that (reported by few users, while others didn't face any problem) but basic things of ROM works perfectly fine.

yea. even many reported flickering screen while over clocking. other things r working fine.
but i use link2sd. so i will wait.

how abt cm10? hav any using it fr daily use.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Last time I used CM10.1 I didn't liked it. Well every feature is working. But you have to delete many System Apps to get space to install Apps.

Well AFAIK, Hep and DJ already said not to OC, people still are OC'ing so it's their fault. And regarding Link2SD or similar apps I can't say much. It has been reported by few peoples only, but other members say it's working fine.

gmg9

in the kaya
Last time I used CM10.1 I didn't liked it. Well every feature is working. But you have to delete many System Apps to get space to install Apps.

Well AFAIK, Hep and DJ already said not to OC, people still are OC'ing so it's their fault. And regarding Link2SD or similar apps I can't say much. It has been reported by few peoples only, but other members say it's working fine.

yea, cm10.x still complicated to install. mainly system space problem. people wants Google now to works first, whereas its really less important in my opinion.

lets see wats heps nxt move....

gmg9

in the kaya
on CM10 since january. everything working fine and battery backup is acceptable. i guess hep will support CM9 for sometime before jumping into CM10.x

hep has already said this 9.2 is his final fr 9.x series as its all stable. dj will support development of da kernel fr it.
does link2sd or similar apps working fr u in cm10? hw is da camera working?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
does link2sd or similar apps working fr u in cm10? hw is da camera working?

i don't use link2sd. camera is working fine. only 2 problem: if i turn SD card on after connecting to PC, the mobile reboots. and also reboots sometimes when i try to do tethering using wifi.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
I am very much satisfied with IcySnap 1.6 as the battery life is very good. With CM10.1, as of now we need to remove some system apps to get the free space. Optimus one being very low in Internal Memory and processor, it is a very big challenge for developers.

Also, I observed LG Stock ROM Camera picure quality is very good and custom roms have a very poor clarity even in daylight. Also, battery life of stock rom with too many apps installed is better compared with custom rom with too many apps installed. Custom Rom battery life is awesome with less apps whereas in stock rom it won't cross more than a day.

Also, Optimus One getting too old and developers trying hard to port new versions of Android

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
I am using cm10 Jan build on my p500... but my WiFi hotspot is not working... Is anybody else's hotspot working??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Question: I am on Hephappy's 9.1.4... Flashed SweetSour 5c BFS kernel. Not happy with the battery drain. Want to move on...

Should I flash a Jelly Bean ROM, or wait for something stable from HepHappy?

I was looking at ParanoidAndroid 2.99 right now... -- [FINAL] [ROM] [JB] [4.1.2] PARANOIDANDROID v2.99 for LG-P500 [03/03/2013] - Page 23 - xda-developers

But it requires CWM recovery. I am on AmonRa, which is really dependable. Moving to a different ROM is hard, as you lose all settings, apps and data... So, I would probably stick to a ROM I flash for a few months atleast...

What is your opinion about it guys? Should I continue with HepHappy's GenetICS ROM, or move on?

Top Bottom