The LG Optimus One Thread

y2karthik

Broken In
Gotcha,there's a app called elixr that provides what I wanted but not fully,instead of logo we can get circle,bar,elixr logo,why I wanted this, small tweaks to enjoy,btw thanks for your help.
what is the use of this superman logo? or say any logo? well you can do one thing. any app that shows a logo at status bar, open it up using some apk breaking app and check for the .png that shows the image. now change it. surely replacing apk won't help but you can try.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

akashrahmaniac

Right off the assembly line
Hii..
I hv been experiencing the switch off problem for the past 2-3 months.. can anyone here give me a solution?
i am using Android 2.3
If i root into cynognMod will the problem be solved?:|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
MIUI? it is just a themed Android 4.0 mainly. base is CM9.

and XDA has became a city of themed ROM. every original rom is followed by 5-6 themed rom. and most are Yindian kids trying their hands on theming.

Neo

They are not just themed ROMs, atleast some of em. And MIUI, its MIUI ROM based on MIUI sources(and also some of those of lupo). Also CNA is not a themed ROM.

Last edited:

tmanikandan

The Incredible
A friend of mine had this strange problem. He could not replace with a new Sim as it could not be recognized in LG P500. He is using Stock Rom and haven't flashed any ROM before. When the same SIM put on the other mobile, it is working fine for him.

His network was able to get detected when searching for his network. When clicked , it said Unable to Registered on the network.

When he did Search Automatically, the message to him was Already registered on the network.

He was not able to use this NEW SIM and network could not detected only in LG Optimus One. Restarting doesn't help.

If he replaces that with OLD SIM, it is working fine now.

What might be the problem ?

We fixed the issue by going in person to the Vodafone customer care center. They told us to get a duplicate sim and it is not related to 64k or 32k Sim factor. They gave me a duplicate sim of same type and it is working perfectly on any mobiles.

Recently I had a broken display and went to LG DSC to repair it but it seems it will not be covered in warranty :( and they replaced it with cost :(. But the service was good and mobile is working fine.

Also, LG DSC guy told me that official Android 2.3 update ( Indian Version ) for Optimus One is available and can be upgraded of free of cost if the product is in warranty and also it will take 20 mins time. So whoever interested ( most don't :) as lot of users prefer custom ROM) , can go to LG DSC to upgrade to Android 2.3

Neo

We fixed the issue by going in person to the Vodafone customer care center. They told us to get a duplicate sim and it is not related to 64k or 32k Sim factor. They gave me a duplicate sim of same type and it is working perfectly on any mobiles.
the sim he gave to you was 64k. Did you check?
Recently I had a broken display and went to LG DSC to repair it but it seems it will not be covered in warranty :( and they replaced it with cost :(. But the service was good and mobile is working fine.
Yeah accidental damages do not include in warranty.
Also, LG DSC guy told me that official Android 2.3 update ( Indian Version ) for Optimus One is available and can be upgraded of free of cost if the product is in warranty and also it will take 20 mins time. So whoever interested ( most don't :) as lot of users prefer custom ROM) , can go to LG DSC to upgrade to Android 2.3

why would we go to service center to upgrade to official 2.3.3 when we can do it at home. :D:twisted:

tmanikandan

The Incredible
the sim he gave to you was 64k. Did you check ?

It was 32k and given SIM is also 32k. Will check again and confirm.

why would we go to service center to upgrade to official 2.3.3 when we can do it at home.

Any OS upgrade or any custom ROM installation by self or through third parties means product void of warranty. Though lot of custom roms available better than official update but just want to share the info.

Neo

^^Well you know, KDZ is LG's official software, V20x is the LG's official ROM. And thats how the service guy would do it. But its safer to let the service guy do it. :D

kaz

right here
my O1 is a sim killer.. :p
it killed a sim few months back...n again the new exchanged sim died in 2-3months......the sim isnt having a scratch on it...

@sam got a new charger from service center @254rs.
bt that looks little different n also the output range is between the output range of the previous one...they said that the old one is not in production any more...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
my O1 is a sim killer.. :p
it killed a sim few months back...n again the new exchanged sim died in 2-3months......the sim isnt having a scratch on it...

:lol:

@sam got a new charger from service center @254rs.
bt that looks little different n also the output range is between the output range of the previous one...they said that the old one is not in production any more...

maybe cause it was a bad faulty one. for now i charger being used on 2 mobile. also i can charge off my PC's usb port.

Adreno 2xx Drivers for ICS Officially Available from Qualcomm! not direct drivers for the SOC we use but this is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT better than the generic ones DEVs were using on O1. this should solve a batch of problem. now last thing to fix is the colour banding.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Adreno 2xx Drivers for ICS Officially Available from Qualcomm! not direct drivers for the SOC we use but this is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOT better than the generic ones DEVs were using on O1. this should solve a batch of problem. now last thing to fix is the colour banding.

Really good news then. Just hoping they improve the camera, so that I can join the ICS group!
(Camera is important for me).

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Those adreno 2xx drivers are for ARMv7. You didn't check?

i know. someone (most likely it'll be CM team again) have to recompile it for v6. or add the graphics driver to stock CM kernel for MSM72X7

another big thing lupo uncovered today:

*img338.imageshack.us/img338/2051/screenshot2012031712085.pngwith GAPPS.

heck, i'll create a 50Mb ICS rom once lupo releases his next beta rom (with integrated GAPPS ofc). but i have 50Mb free in system/data and when i start mobile, 30-35Mb of internal memory is already used up. anyone know how to make the internal memory 100% free i.e. move everything to rom space?

Top Bottom