The ISEET Discussion Thread

Do you support the current proposed new pattern of Engineering Entrance Tests?

• Yes

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some major changes are Required.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
well its our batch where all “experimentation“ is done. 40% board marks?
Time will only tell whether this is a good or bad step. Guess its time to get very serious now.....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No more dropper system it is. as far as I have understood the news, anyone who wants to repeat has to appear the boards too next year.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
a great comment from hindustan times site-
I would request Mr sibal and IIT directors to intimate the hindustani public the following:-
1. How will they remove the subjectivity in checking of CBSE class 12 papers. I understand that the question papers are checked manually by a large No of teachers across the country.
2. how will they ensure uniform system of marking by the teachers as even 1 mark can vary the percentile (which is going to be with 9 decimal points).
3. how will they ensure that cheating is not resorted to in schools specially in UP, Bihar and other states.

4. What will happen to a student if he is not able to take that ONE SINGLE EXAM (Mr Sibal's favourite) due to illness/any other reason.

There are so many more ifs and buts? but who will care ?

Why this could not be implemented from 2014 with discussion on various issues. 2012 pass out would have continued with same pattern for 2013 exams as well and students presently in class 12 would have in any case forced to do well in CBSE as they would have known that the new system will be applicable wef 2014 (their time for second chance).

It is already may month and still in the news it is given that modalities of JEE advance exam will be decided by IIT council. When will they decide> How much more time will they take to just decide? Do they care for students who are going to appear in 2013?

And above all, will it reduce the stress on the students and shut down the coaching industry which Mr Sibal think (may be he is the only one who thinks so). A big NO.

Are not students a stake holder in all this? Who has asked the students and parents?

Why it is only Mr Sibal who is pursuing this agenda?

What would have been lost if the system was made applicable wef 2014. NOTHING.

this - Hindustan Times

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The ISEET is not helping matters, nor will it bring a drop to the quality of IITs. Students will adapt once they get admission, but the fact is that the really deserving students are not getting into IITs - not then and not now with the ISEET.

Assassini

Broken In
Arey main to gaya..I was hoping to crack IIT-JEE next year but my school teachers r so furious at me (don't know y) that they won't give marks in practicals.Somebody get Supreme Court's stay order on this fast!!!!!!:evil:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
one more point (which is a high level corruption accelerator..) :-
corruption is gonna increase if this CET is applied
the sons of the rich will get admission very easily.
the GOVT IS THE BLACK BRITISH.
none else.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think this subjective thing is pretty much confirmed. Various teachers are now emphasizing on doing well in the subjective. I think its made things a wee bit more harder for IIT aspirants.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
one more point (which is a high level corruption accelerator..) :-
corruption is gonna increase if this CET is applied
the sons of the rich will get admission very easily.
the GOVT IS THE BLACK BRITISH.
none else.

The government has no idea on how to conduct any exam. The British (in 1920-1947) were far more organized and gave studious people a number of chances to excel. All this system does is try and reduce their load rather than helping the students.

And BTW, they need to get rid of the objective paper and use only a subjective paper. Emphasis on board exams was IMO unnecessary, especially the 20 percentile limit.

OP
KDroid

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
The government has no idea on how to conduct any exam. The British (in 1920-1947) were far more organized and gave studious people a number of chances to excel. All this system does is try and reduce their load rather than helping the students.

And BTW, they need to get rid of the objective paper and use only a subjective paper. Emphasis on board exams was IMO unnecessary, especially the 20 percentile limit.

+1

btw, they're going to make JEE Advanced Subjective from next year. However, it's almost impossible to conduct JEE Mains Subjective (12 lac aspirants).

AcceleratorX

Youngling
When you fail at the first step, there's little point in the second step. There is no alternative: even if there are 100 lakh aspirants the only way forward is a subjective paper. They should hire appropriate staff and/or systems. If they are unwilling to do it, it points to their laziness and lack of interest to find talent.

Top Bottom