the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Prongs298

In the zone
my coolsense has disappeared after updates to the support assistant. has anyone else faced this?
hp support assistant ver. : 7.0.39.15
confg file ver. : 7.0.3154.1541

samudragupta

Youngling
my coolsense has disappeared after updates to the support assistant. has anyone else faced this?
hp support assistant ver. : 7.0.39.15
confg file ver. : 7.0.3154.1541

Yes, after updating to HP Support Assistant Ver 7, HP Coolsense disappeared.
damm mine too after the update... i even restored to an earlier point but now i get error : coolsense not supported on this machine
any fix guys

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I have installed Windows 8 and would like to know which bluetooth drivers to install. I have already tried installing the Ralink/Motorola Drivers for Win 7 in Compatibility Mode, but the bluetooth stops working if the system is restarted.
Any suggestions? I tried installing the Broadcomm drivers but the bluetooth device was not detected at all.
SOLUTION:
"
I have finally found the trick to make my Ralink / Motorola Bluetooth + High-Speed Adapter 3.0 to work. It is a lengthy process and I wont be responsible if you end up spoiling your laptop.

This is the process in step wise format:

1. Uninstall any drivers presently installed for Ralink / Motorola Bluetooth + High-Speed Adapter. (Very Important)
2. Download Ralink Drivers from *www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).exe
3. Install it and then open device manager.
4. In Device manager, select the Bluetooth device, right click and choose update driver software.
5. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and in the next page Choose " Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Uncheck show compatible hardware, Choose Ralink Corporation and then select Ralink RT3290LE Bluetooth Device.
7. Ignore warnings, and install the driver.
8. Restart your PC.
9. In windows 8 start screen, type Bluetooth - select settings from the search bar in the right and then choose "Change Bluetooth settings"
10. Enable "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and everything else. In the share tab check " allow other Bluetooth devices to access files and folders". Press OK and save your changes.
11. Now download and install Bluesoleil 8.XXX Pa(onlyserial.blogspot.com) - Download - 4shared - sobuz siful
12. Run the file to patch Bluesoelil, because it will prevent you to stream music from your device to your PC, some licensing error occurs. The driver is somewhat linked with Bluesoleil and needs to be patched.
13. After this open hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc) and add these lines to it - (simply copy and paste)
127.0.0.1 www.bluesoleil.com
127.0.0.1 bluesoleil.com
127.0.0.1 142.0.138.83
127.0.0.1 bluesoleil.en.uptodown.com
127.0.0.1 dns1.hichina.com
127.0.0.1 dns2.hichina.com
You might get an error while saving the hosts file, for this prior to doing any changes right click on the file and in the properties page, go to the security tab and allow full control to your user.
14. Block the files Bluesoleil.exe, Bluesoleilcs.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack (windows firewall doesn't work)
15. Restart your PC and your Bluetooth should work.

"
Credits: HP Forums

Last edited:

vgr

Broken In
my catalyst stopped working after the new raedon update!
Should I uninstall all the drivers and then let it do an auto update? if not please do post a link to the drivers that work best.
Thanks.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
my catalyst stopped working after the new raedon update!
Should I uninstall all the drivers and then let it do an auto update? if not please do post a link to the drivers that work best.
Thanks.

Current stable version is Catalyst 13.4.
But there must be no problem in using latest catalyst 13.8 beta.

I suggest u to use driver sweeper to uninstall all drivers & then reinstall either of these.

Downloads page : Downloads

rohit3221

Broken In
I have installed Windows 8 and would like to know which bluetooth drivers to install. I have already tried installing the Ralink/Motorola Drivers for Win 7 in Compatibility Mode, but the bluetooth stops working if the system is restarted.
Any suggestions? I tried installing the Broadcomm drivers but the bluetooth device was not detected at all.
SOLUTION:
"
I have finally found the trick to make my Ralink / Motorola Bluetooth + High-Speed Adapter 3.0 to work. It is a lengthy process and I wont be responsible if you end up spoiling your laptop.

This is the process in step wise format:

1. Uninstall any drivers presently installed for Ralink / Motorola Bluetooth + High-Speed Adapter. (Very Important)
2. Download Ralink Drivers from *www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).exe
3. Install it and then open device manager.
4. In Device manager, select the Bluetooth device, right click and choose update driver software.
5. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and in the next page Choose " Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
6. Uncheck show compatible hardware, Choose Ralink Corporation and then select Ralink RT3290LE Bluetooth Device.
7. Ignore warnings, and install the driver.
8. Restart your PC.
9. In windows 8 start screen, type Bluetooth - select settings from the search bar in the right and then choose "Change Bluetooth settings"
10. Enable "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and everything else. In the share tab check " allow other Bluetooth devices to access files and folders". Press OK and save your changes.
11. Now download and install Bluesoleil 8.XXX Pa(onlyserial.blogspot.com) - Download - 4shared - sobuz siful
12. Run the file to patch Bluesoelil, because it will prevent you to stream music from your device to your PC, some licensing error occurs. The driver is somewhat linked with Bluesoleil and needs to be patched.
13. After this open hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc) and add these lines to it - (simply copy and paste)
127.0.0.1 www.bluesoleil.com
127.0.0.1 bluesoleil.com
127.0.0.1 142.0.138.83
127.0.0.1 bluesoleil.en.uptodown.com
127.0.0.1 dns1.hichina.com
127.0.0.1 dns2.hichina.com
You might get an error while saving the hosts file, for this prior to doing any changes right click on the file and in the properties page, go to the security tab and allow full control to your user.
14. Block the files Bluesoleil.exe, Bluesoleilcs.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ralink Corporation\Ralink Bluetooth Stack (windows firewall doesn't work)
15. Restart your PC and your Bluetooth should work.

"
Credits: HP Forums
The Link in step 2 is not working...Please provide a mirror

dsanandmca

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
I'm having DV6 6165TX Laptop. I just want to know is it possible to change my laptop keyboard to backlit keyboard. If yes please let me know the details. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sankar.

vishu22

Broken In
hey guyz did anybody know how to re-install cool-sense ?? mine coolsense also disappeared after hp support assistant update :cryeyesout: i need to re-install it , but i have tried to install it from swsetup folder in C drive , but there is no luck , i also download coolsense 2.0 & 1.0 setup ... but then also it didn't install .... as my lappy is in performance mode so ... temps r getting even higher , so plzz guyz let me know d procedure of re-installing coolsense ??

samudragupta

Youngling
hey guyz did anybody know how to re-install cool-sense ?? mine coolsense also disappeared after hp support assistant update :cryeyesout: i need to re-install it , but i have tried to install it from swsetup folder in C drive , but there is no luck , i also download coolsense 2.0 & 1.0 setup ... but then also it didn't install .... as my lappy is in performance mode so ... temps r getting even higher , so plzz guyz let me know d procedure of re-installing coolsense ??
sick of hp....
Forget coolsense. Just set the CPU to go to a maximum of ~80% or so under the advanced tab of the power plans.
thanks will try this :)

Gourav Kundu

Journeyman
My DV6-6165tx battery is draining very fast and lasts for about 1 hour. It's been 1 year and 1 month since the date of purchase. How can I increase the battery back-up or do I need to replace the battery with other one, if I have to change the battery then may I know if I can replace the battery with a new high power battery (9 cells if it exist) ? Please help me. Also, the temperature rises very often to 60c in normal mode and sometime more than 80c while gaming , should I apply some kind of thermal paste ( ah this heating problem is happening after HO engineer replaced the internal fan and also replaced the paste on it ) ?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^Bad servicing and time for a new battery.

Shouldnt be seeing anything *average* over 50C under normal browsing and stuff like that.

praveen786

Tech Master
Hey frnds i m having a Hp pavillion dv6 6165tx which i purchased in November last year but now i want to increase the warranty for further 2 years. So plz tell me how much it gonna cost......

Top Bottom