the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Is dv6 7010tx available in India(Mumbai) ?? Can I configure it to get 1080p screen ?? Can it handle games like Crysis 2, Asassin's Creed ,COD,etc. ?
Which graphics card is better nvidia GT630M or ati radeon 6770m?? How much does it cost??:-?:-?

Dude, 6770m is very much better than 630m, so i suggest u buy 6154tx bcoz its better is gaming aspects!!
Best of luck !!
And i dont know if u can config it to get 1080p screen , if u could that will take some big charge !!
:oops:

@sarthak: thankx for the softwares.
But dont u think, that for those gadget freaks who buy pirated windows, its a great great deal !!
Bcoz i got my 6154tcx with 6490m for 49,xxx sumthing.. and 540m is very better than 6490m
so, i think its a great deal !!

@rider: its dv6-6154tx which i think is getting hot.. :D

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
Guys will someone kindly take a five and enlighten me as to what to do after unboxing my 6165...i mean updating the drivers and stuff (from where and how) and also any preferred settings to optimize my dv6 experience

actually this is my first laptop and I ve got no idea as to how things are done

secondly I also want to know. how to partition my HDD and also if it is advisable (simple logic would do)

I have already read al the previous posts but couldnt find a detailed 'how-to'

And Pardon me for my stupid questions...i know first timers can be annoying.
Thanks in advance.

sarthak

In the zone
But dont u think, that for those gadget freaks who buy pirated windows, its a great great deal !!
Bcoz i got my 6154tcx with 6490m for 49,xxx sumthing.. and 540m is very better than 6490m
so, i think its a great deal !!

Discussing piracy is NOT allowed in this forum . Please take the pain to read the rules.
And it might look like a good deal, but pirated windows gives lots of head-aches, like on updating it will find that you are using pirated windows and start bugging you for a genuine key. And if you don't update you will be vulnerable to many viruses. Also many microsoft softwares check on net to ensure that you are using genuine windows. Also its not gadget freaks who buy pirated windows, its generally people like you who do not want to spend on genuine OS or people who are fooled into buying pirated by dealers.
I agree the 6154tx was a bad deal due to the poor graphics, but for now the dv6-7012tx is a really good deal.

Guys will someone kindly take a five and enlighten me as to what to do after unboxing my 6165...i mean updating the drivers and stuff (from where and how) and also any preferred settings to optimize my dv6 experience

secondly I also want to know. how to partition my HDD and also if it is advisable (simple logic would do)

Thanks in advance.

Updating drivers and partitioning has been posted multiple times in this thread. Use the search in thread option to look for it. And don't worry its not annoying and we are happy to help you, but please use the search function before asking something to avoid repetitions.

rider

as Kratos
Idk BRo !
i will go to NP !
Then i'll check n bargain n buy !:cool:
u wanna come with me !.
where do u stay if i can ask?

Sorry, I can't. And please read rules bro, u cant use profanity and talk about piracy here.. and make of fun some use genuine OS.

Thanks in advance.
Yea read all the posts, we posted multiple times, it's not a new laptop.
Use EASEUS Partition Master v9 software it's quite easy to use do partition.
I recommend you to keep at least 100GB as C:

Last edited:

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Everytime I format my laptop I loose all the passwords stored in Simple pass. Does anyone know where Simple pass stores those passwords?

On a different note... visiting this forum after many days... Good to see some new members. AFAIK new dv6 are coming with ivy bridge and ATI 7xxx cards. So anyone planning to buy please wait for a month or two if you can.

ParaXite

Power User
For guys who worry about temperatures here is my temp log:

HP dv6 6165tx:
Idle CPU: 48-54°C
Full-Load CPU: 85-94°C (Performance optimized mode), 76-85°C (Coolest Mode)

Idle GPU: 48-55°C
Full-Load GPU: 67-74°C

Ambient Temperature: 35-38°C

All readings are with the CoolerMaster Notepal X Cooling Pad and Ambient temperature of 35-38°C. Readings recorded with HW Monitor.

- And yeah playing games on "Coolest Mode" makes sense because most games don't need to use the i7's processing power to the max. They rely on the GPU for most of their work. So using coolest mode will hardly affect your FPS in most games on AC power.

- Im going to get extended warranty and Im going to play regardless of the temps. If anything conks out it is covered in the warranty.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
My webcam replaced.. hp service is awesome :)
I rated 7/10 for the service but that hp guy beg me for 10 minutes for me, I gave him 9/10. :mrgreen:
There was a cup of dust in the fan area.. he blew off all with a blower, noise get less.
Bluetooth is still not working, he said to recover windows and use recovery disc or press f11 in booting to reinstall, this is the only was to solve this error hardware is fine as it can recognise devices around.
Should I use recover or not? my whole data, games, softwares of C: drive will be lost. :|

Last edited:

sarthak

In the zone
Everytime I format my laptop I loose all the passwords stored in Simple pass. Does anyone know where Simple pass stores those passwords?

On a different note... visiting this forum after many days... Good to see some new members. AFAIK new dv6 are coming with ivy bridge and ATI 7xxx cards. So anyone planning to buy please wait for a month or two if you can.

Open simplepass and in the settings you will find the option to import or export your identity. Just give a password, and keep the exported file somewhere safe. When you format the laptop, just import the file.

I rated 7/10 for the service but that hp guy beg me for 10 minutes for me, I gave him 9/10. :mrgreen:
There was a cup of dust in the fan area.. he blew off all with a blower, noise get less.
Bluetooth is still not working, he said to recover windows and use recovery disc or press f11 in booting to reinstall, this is the only was to solve this error hardware is fine as it can recognise devices around.
Should I use recover or not? my whole data, games, softwares of C: drive will be lost. :|

Take a backup on a external hard-disk or DVDs and then use recovery. If you cannot get a external hdd and have too much data for DVDs then just backup essential files to a few DVDs and then use recovery.

samudragupta

Youngling
nice to hear that the service is good... even when i had a compaq i had to visit their service centre atleast 4 times but it was a decent experience... BTW what number did you call bro??

Im going to get extended warranty and Im going to play regardless of the temps. If anything conks out it is covered in the warranty.
absolutely right:mrgreen:

shitz7

Right off the assembly line

Hey how do yuo know that ? coz the dv6 7xxx series has nvidea..
Any source ?

yasaswy

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am planning to buy HP6-6165tx. Any suggestion where I can get it for the best price. I am from Bangalore.

Thanks,
Yasaswy

rider

as Kratos
nice to hear that the service is good... even when i had a compaq i had to visit their service centre atleast 4 times but it was a decent experience... BTW what number did you call bro??

man, its hp pavilion dv6 not economic compaq the service is extremely fast, asI called hp on friday and they came today with his new webcam, he said sorry for the late service coz ystd was sunday, and that is off. :-o
and I was like :mrgreen:
the number is 1800112267, mentioned in hp india website

samudragupta

Youngling
man, its hp pavilion dv6 not economic compaq the service is extremely fast, asI called hp on friday and they came today with his new webcam, he said sorry for the late service coz ystd was sunday, and that is off. :-o
and I was like :mrgreen:
the number is 1800112267, mentioned in hp india website
thats nice to hear... so when you called up the hp cc, all you had to do is tell them the issue and they sent the technician?
and yes absolutely agree with you, its dv6 after all :)

rider

as Kratos
yea, first they told me to reinstall youcam and check it, If you faced this again we will send you the technician. I forgot to call them but the next day morning the hp me called to ask about proper working after reinstalling, I said no, and they send me new webcam, LOL

amirtaraj

Broken In
My friend is looking for a gaming laptop : I suggested mine HP DV6 6165tx as it has ATI HD6770 graphic card vs the Nvidia GT630 on HP DV6 7010tx, The only plus in it is 3rd gen Intel Core i Processor and subwoofer, is there any battery life increase in them? which one is better overall?

Top Bottom