the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

abhi_techie

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
I just bought a dv6-6140tx. Had some queries. I upgraded the BIOS and all the drivers using HP Support Assistant. In previous posts, lot of you adviced to switch the graphics to 'Fixed' mode in BIOS settings for enabling switchable graphics. After the update I went to BIOS settings but was not able to find any such setting ? :-?
Can any of you please help me with it....

Also which is the last stable version of CCC that supports Radeon HD6770M card. The latest CCC i.e. 12.xx doesn't seem to support Radeon HD67xxM series of cards.
Please advice and also provide the download link if possible ....

T.I.A.

akn75

Broken In
Thanks @Prongs298, but I restored my laptop to my factory settings, and then tried to switch via Fixed Switching.
But the same problem persists so I am currently on a chat to the HP support assistant. I think it is an hardware error.

I had frequent hang problem and finally got a replacement. The new one is working good so far (touch wood). If you are eligible for a replacement, go for it.

vgr

Broken In
I just installed battery bar some time back... it says that my battery wear is at 10.2% and that it's still calculating the run time...

dsanandmca

Right off the assembly line
Guys, 6140TX has HDMI port? Any idea Why it is not available in flipkart? Where can i buy this laptop in chennai for reasonable price? Is it possible to install Win 7 Ultimate as dual O.S on this lappy?

Last edited:

vgr

Broken In
Guys, 6140TX has HDMI port? Any idea Why it is not available in flipkart? Where can i buy this laptop in chennai for reasonable price?

6140Tx was brought out exclusively for CROMA... They may still have some excess stock that they may look at getting rid of... so wait for a sale :p
++yes 6140Tx has a hdmi port

naveen.raptor

Broken In
I had frequent hang problem and finally got a replacement. The new one is working good so far (touch wood). If you are eligible for a replacement, go for it.

I had experienced multiple bluescreens in my 6121tx.But i haven't done anything till now.Most of the times when i try startup repair,the problem gets solved.How can i check if its a major problem?

vgr

Broken In
Has anyone started playing The Darkness 2?
It seems to be working fin with my 11.8 driver. Just wanted to know if there was a significant increase in performance if I updated to 12.1

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Having a strange problem. I run without battery coz i'm on a home ups. Sometimes the laptop resets automatically w/o any error/msgs. Can't find why it is happening. I found no driver issue so far(all are updated). I'm using on fixed graphics mode, and disabled 3D safeguard(thought this was causing the reset, but seems that's not the issue).
Someone else facing this problem too?

Pavilion DV6165TX

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Having a strange problem. I run without battery coz i'm on a home ups. Sometimes the laptop resets automatically w/o any error/msgs. Can't find why it is happening. I found no driver issue so far(all are updated). I'm using on fixed graphics mode, and disabled 3D safeguard(thought this was causing the reset, but seems that's not the issue).
Someone else facing this problem too?

Pavilion DV6165TX

Does this happens with battery also? And how frequent?

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Does this happens with battery also? And how frequent?

yes, with battery also. It happens once in 2 days in avg. Sometimes it resets while using winamp or playing games eg HL2(I use a cooler while gaming, and the temperature stays normal). Once it happened while I was transferring files from ext hdd. I just bought the laptop, haven't paid yet.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
yes, with battery also. It happens once in 2 days in avg. Sometimes it resets while using winamp or playing games eg HL2(I use a cooler while gaming, and the temperature stays normal). Once it happened while I was transferring files from ext hdd. I just bought the laptop, haven't paid yet.

Sounds some internal problem (electrical) :|. If it restarts without battery, fluctuation from UPS could have been a reason, but with battery, :confused:. Get it replaced if you haven't paid.

upendra_gp

In the zone
hey guys i was going to buy dv6 6165tx(a little confused though). i just wanted to ask whether i should go or extended warranty or not.like do u think that it will need servicing may be because of heating or something. thanks in advance!

also guys can u tell me what fps are u getting in bf3 or mw3 if possible?

aniket.cain

Padawan
^If you are able to get the extended warranty, get it for sure. Going by the past record of HP, you might face problems later on. I hope that it doesn't happen, but what do we know. Better get the extended warranty, and be on safe side.

prasathlr

Broken In
My laptop is 1 month old, Since yesterday there has been so audible sound of fan running like sommething is stuck to the fan, such noise is coming from the area (Left side of TOuch pad)

Any idea what is wrong, and did anyone experience this b4??

rahul3221

Broken In
^If you are able to get the extended warranty, get it for sure. Going by the past record of HP, you might face problems later on. I hope that it doesn't happen, but what do we know. Better get the extended warranty, and be on safe side.

I got my warranty extended but the hp centre told me that there is no warranty for battery and adapter....

Top Bottom