the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Samyukth

Broken In
guys help me out with this! :cry:

hp cool sense hes 3 cooling levels
at coolest level, the fan runs at a very high speed but does this mode reduce the gpu usage?
i mean would i get low frame rates in this mode?

if so, then i might get max gpu performance in the performance optimized mode right?

Samyukth

Broken In
For all those with 6017tx or 6121tx and have overheating problem while gaming please use this method

1. Switch to Coolest mode in HP coolsense
2. Decrease maximum processor performance to 70%

I played COD and maximum temperature was just 62 degrees

dude how do i decrease max processor performance?
reply as soon as you see this post :cry:

Samyukth

Broken In
well first of all i just bought a brand new 6121tx and i am pretty thrilled abt it.And samyukt i too get the same scores except the fact that my hard disk score is 5.9...so these scores are ok right..

dude my bad!
its 5.9
just didnt memorize it well :D

i was not using air conditioner nor was i using a cooler....although i was using a table fan...

and you were playing at max setting for 2 hrs ...
That is very good for a 6121

but some are getting temp upto 93 C . . .what about them
are they doing something wrong OR is something wrong with the harware ?

i was not using air conditioner nor was i using a cooler....although i was using a table fan...

and you were playing at max setting for 2 hrs ...
That is very good for a 6121

but some are getting temp upto 93 C . . .what about them
are they doing something wrong OR is something wrong with the harware ?

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
guys help me out with this! :cry:

hp cool sense hes 3 cooling levels
at coolest level, the fan runs at a very high speed but does this mode reduce the gpu usage?
i mean would i get low frame rates in this mode?

if so, then i might get max gpu performance in the performance optimized mode right?

at coolest level, cpu and gpu is throttled. probably no turbo boost for the cpu. not sure about gpu.

If you are gaming, it is better to switch to performance optimised mode.

Hi everyone, new to this forum.

I want to ask can I get 6017tx from any store or should I go with 6121tx.
Is 6121tx is a good deal at 55000rs.
Also i want to know issues of open gl, faulty chipset and switching of graphics has been resolved in 6121tx or not. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

you have two options.
1. 6121tx and
2. 6140tx.

Faulty chipset issue: solved long back.
Switching of graphics: solved with a BIOS update.
OpenGL issues: No idea, wait for some other users to report the same.

Xaero92

Broken In
Hey guys as i posted earlier i hav become a proud owner of a 6121tx and i am really happy to join the hp family...now i need some help...well the first game that i tried on it was fable 3 and it runs pretty nicely bt there are sometimes when the game slows down a bit..is it the game not being properly optimised or my lappy has some problem...
Also i wanted to ask whether i shud install the new 11.7 hotfix by ati and whether there will be any performance increases by doin so...

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
all these days i was gaming foolishly :oops: using the power saving battery mode and getting lower framerates in my 6121tx..switching to high performance mode increased the fps :razz:..all i want to know is which mode in coolsense will give better fps??
will changing to fixed switching mode increase the fps or not??..mine is currently in dynamic mode and BIOS is updated..

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
my temperatures never went above 76 C....maybe somethings is wrong with ur fan...i keep my lap on top of two books so that the air from the fan can flow freely...u should buy a cooling pad if temperatures go up to 93!!!. solder points may melt and loose their contacts if temperatures go like that....

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
all these days i was gaming foolishly :oops: using the power saving battery mode and getting lower framerates in my 6121tx..switching to high performance mode increased the fps :razz:..all i want to know is which mode in coolsense will give better fps??
will changing to fixed switching mode increase the fps or not??..mine is currently in dynamic mode and BIOS is updated..

Change BIOS to fixed mode. Before playing games go to configure switchable graphics and select high performance GPU.

While gaming always set coolsense to Performance optimised mode.

amitjha

Broken In
hey guys, i am thinking to buy either 6119tx or 6121tx.. I just want to know how the hdmi out on HP lappys work. Will the hdmi output of these lappys deliver full hd resolution if connected to a hdtv???
thanks in advance to all those who take out time to reply..

Top Bottom