The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
well there ate many non steam servers around... but its not to be discussed here as per forum rules.... :)

Cheers n e-peace....

anshul

Journeyman
Problem detecting server

Whenever I make a LAN server on CS1.6 no one else detects it. When others make I can detect it.

What is happening?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
is ur firewall blocking it ???

there are instances that the in built and the default WIndows firewall may block ur app... so plz check for that, if any and post it here.. :)

Last edited:
@ashu888ashu888
I've got the original Counterstrike Anthology
I couldnt figure out how to install maps for CZ (yes Condition Zero)
Can you please help me out?
The First post didnt sort out the process for installing CZ maps

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well first of all make sure that the cz maps u are trying to install are compatible with cs1.6 (a.k.a CS anthology)

Extract the map (using any ZIP utility) in ur cstrike folder>maps and the map wich u hv extracted will hv a .bsp extension.

Locate a text file named as mapcycle.txt in the "cstrike" folder) and write the name of the map u hv jus extracted eg: de_aztec (without the .bsp extension) and only the map name. Save and close the text file and wen u start the CS game, u will see ur newly map in the map options.
------------

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
how do u play CS online ?

i just started playing CS [1.6] and i wanted to know if you could play this games online, also whether my 384 Kb/ps line would be good enough for it ?

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Re: how do u play CS online ?

Yes you can play counter strike 1.6 on you 384kbps connection easily. You just have to patch it up for more fun level. You can find some in gamerz section under half life and counter strike thread

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

FYI original cs.16 hardy costs about 300 rupees and you can play on steam server with other players after purchasing,totally worth it IMO.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

guys guys, plz use this space ----> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82371
for ur discussion and avoid creating new threads..

reporting to mods to merge...
------------------------------

cheers n e-peace.....

anshul

Journeyman
Some Pranksters Change other player's name when playing on the LAN. They change the name of the player playing from the server. How do they do that and how to prevent it.

Also how to disable cheats on the LAN. Would sv_cheats 0 work?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
u can change the name of the person who has started the server by typing the command :

cmd name "wht ever u want"

if u want to prevent this from happening then type :

alias "your name "
or
alias name "your name"

KoRn

In the zone
@ashu
hi ashu long long tyme man...
how r u/??hows the csSinG??
well i shifted to delhi so visit reliance world often for some steam play its fuN!
any new tactics???erm...i admit i cant bunny hop even after utube vids ...its complex...lol..
care to help???
how to switch from left handed to right with just 1 key???
why doesnt cs 1.6 or cs cz run on vista premium????sux!!!it jus goes black and hangs

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey Korn , man missed u so so much .. well NOT CSing these days as got a NEW PSP :D:D so really addicted to it.. :p

So, u moved to Del haan.. gr8...hey plz post any new tactics herew as and wen u are free adn hv sum time, looks like i'll hv to again start playing now tat i hv met u again :D and we 2 can post sum really good stuff here..

Well abt CS/ CS-CZ not playable on Vista, i hv no info on that, as still usi9ng the WIn XPPro SP3 9vista style) :D but will sort that out as [planning to install Vista as my 2nd OS... :)
----------------

Cheers man !! really happy to see ur post :)

...ashu...

hullap

Cyborg Agent
a question
is there a diff between cs 1.6 and cscz?
and how do i play cs over lan/hamachi
open console and /connect <lan-ip> ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom