The Galaxy S thread!

anonymusneo

Journeyman
Hi guys!!!

i am unable to enter download mode.

my FW is jg4

my phone is working fine but i am unable to enter a few secret codes for mic senstavity

how do i enable 3 button combo ?

hahahari

In the zone
When is the update coming in?!? ... waiting for it desperately ... lags too much :(

Restaurants in Bangalore

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Just Now I purchase Galaxy S.

My SGS is un-rooted. Before I do that, I want to know the following?

1. There are many methods, that I have seen on XDA forums and other forums. But which method is reliable and less dangerous. I don't want to brick my phone.

2. Would we be able to update future firmwares?

3. Would it crash my internal SD Card?

4. What is lag?

5. I have not experienced any slowness in operations upto now?

my experience as a user are as follows:

1. The display is very superb.
2 The phone is very light.
3. The phone tends to attract lot of fingerprints and dirt. Samsung could have provided a cloth like Apple does.
4. The provided internet browser is very good. I also installed Opera Mini 5 and I thought that it is very slow.

5. Ther is free game called Asphalt on Samsung Applications(go via phone) and it is free.

I have Ipod touch also. I find Ipod touch very smooth in operations . The Audio of SGS is far superior to Ipod Touch

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
@ anonymousneo

Release: 3-button combo fix for any firmware version - xda-developers This might help:razz:.If you want to edit the sound settings and unable to get into the edit mode by typing the code then install samservmode from market.It will automatically open that mode

@hahahari

Froyo will be coming in late october.Everybody is waiting.Other than lag fixes many more features are to be added.Which firmware version are you using.If donot want to install custom ROMs simply install OCLF from market and root your phone it will greatly reduce lags but you need to restart your phone every 2-3 days and thats acceptable:mrgreen:

@Ramakrishnan

Welcome to SGS elite club:razz:

1.None of the method is dangerous but donot until you properly understood the procedure.I personally feel the only risk is power failure:twisted::twisted:.People there says that the jm8 rom is the most safest but i have installed jpk in my phone.jpk is the beta froyo rom.Its very stable and some cool new features are there which are not in any of the 2.1 roms.There is a risk of changing your product code so please backup your EFS folder before updating to jpk.You can backup your efs folder through titanium backup or any root explorer.

2.above answer answers this and the official froyo will be updated through kies.

3.From where did you here that???NO:shock:

4.Lag is nothing but the slowness of the phone while operating phone and applications.

5.You will start experiencing it after few days of use.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

One querry from my side.HOW TO MULTIQUOTE??

Last edited:

Kvishal

In the zone
What exactly is your point? Where did you come from? Did you intend to post in some other thread? (Galaxy S vs N900 or what??)

Also,regarding your comments. Considering that Maemo is basically a dead platform, (with no further devices scheduled to run in it. AFAIK. Pls correct me if I am wrong) Android steadily increasing in both market and mind-share, I'd say it is not even a proper comparison.

Also, I'd wager that Galaxy S and its variants have probably outsell N900 by quite a large margin. (Though, partly it might be because of the relatively hype-free launch of N900. It was as if Nokia themselves were not too keen on promoting this powerful handset.)

I dont even feel like arguing with you, coz u sound like one of those person who is completely out of touch with whats happening around you. See the Results for yourself and then blabber.

Smartphone Championship Grand Finale: Nokia N900 vs Samsung Galaxy S

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I dont even feel like arguing with you, coz u sound like one of those person who is completely out of touch with whats happening around you. See the Results for yourself and then blabber.

Huh?! That link proves WHAT exactly? :s

Hrithan2020

In the zone

ROFL!!

As if a few thousand voters visiting a relatively obscure site, means the be-all and end-all of debate. :rolleyes:
Not saying that N900 is bad (it certainly is not the phone for me, but might fit the needs of some other person), but your statement of "Galaxy S trailing with a huge margin" doesn't ring true.

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
The Vote is on for the Best Smartphone ever.

Finally it will boil down between the Nokia N900 v/s Samsung Galaxy-S and as of Now the SGS is trailing with a Huge Margin. The whole Maemo community is backing the N900.

Where is the Android community?

Are they letting down their great OS just because of everyone not owning a SGS?

Maybe someone should just inform some Android developers forum so they can't call "stolen victory"?

Does it mean that the Android phones are so generic that it does not really matter which one you vote?

I have used the N900 and the SGS aswell. So My vote goes to N900 but to Maemo as well! (that N900 can run android is not being taken into account)

Dont worry mate.Voting on just one site by just few thousands of people dont make the judgement.What matters is the international awards which has gone to samsung galaxy s.You can search for this news in the news section of gsmarena.It has got the smartphone of the year award.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Check out the article titled "Hackers help tweak phones" in TOI page 12.. Inputs by yours truly! Online version: *is.gd/fHMLL

Now I see why this forum is getting crappier by the day. People have started believing that N900 is better than SGS. N900? Why not Nokia 6600?

alter_ego

Who me??
Now I see why this forum is getting crappier by the day. People have started believing that N900 is better than SGS. N900? Why not Nokia 6600?

You cannot compare N900 to a phone because its not one. Its an internet tablet. From N900 wiki:

The Nokia N900 is a mobile computer made by Nokia with smartphone functions.

More for your perusal:

Nokia N900 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom