The Galaxy S thread!

vulpine

Broken In
Guys, I m in love with this phone more n more I learn about it.....
According to me, Only grouse is that its updates. We have to be at samsung's mercy to run our phone on latest android.Else,The best phone available in India(or world) right now.

And I have a question
I feel its a bit big(I 've not hold one yet). Is it handy to use? Or it feels bulky or large when navigating.?( especially when reaching for status bar etc...)

vulpine

Broken In
Oh!! Sheesh!! Still I would like to try it in flesh. Who knows this might may well be my next phone.
I m saving for an ipod touch. Now Im thinking for the price of itouch+exchanging spica, I can afford this one. :p
A single device is better than two you see..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Oh!! Sheesh!! Still I would like to try it in flesh. Who knows this might may well be my next phone.
I m saving for an ipod touch. Now Im thinking for the price of itouch+exchanging spica, I can afford this one. :p
A single device is better than two you see..

WARNING: Do NOT sell your ipod touch! It is something that you will truly miss (unless you already shoved it up the cupboard) :). If you want to get SGS, save some money, sell off Spica and then get SGS.

ladoo1985

Broken In
Hi Guys, I came across this article bout the Galaxy S....just pasting some lines from that article. A little offbeat of this topic i guess.....

"I would ideally want to call it (Galaxy S) value for money but the launch of the Samsung Wave actually put a big doubt in my mind. If you compare spec-by-spec, there aren't many differences between the Wave and the Galaxy S. The Galaxy S does better than its younger brother with a thinner design, almost an inch bigger screen (although of the same Super AMOLED type and bearing the same resolution), and the Android OS, which is Open Source, so there's no cost to be paid to Google.

So if internally these two are so similar, why does the Wave sell for Rs. 18,000, while the Galaxy S for Rs. 10,000 more? Perhaps, this is because it can trump many phones that cost Rs. 30,000 and above, so it deserves to be sold at that price. So, are we paying more money just for that touch of class and exclusivity when it could have been sold for a little cheaper?"

vulpine

Broken In
WARNING: Do NOT sell your ipod touch! It is something that you will truly miss (unless you already shoved it up the cupboard) :). If you want to get SGS, save some money, sell off Spica and then get SGS.

I don't have an ipod touch. I'm planning to buy one that too may be Next gen (expecting that high res screen of iphone4)

cynick

Right off the assembly line
Ok a quick response to some of the things being discussed:

1. I dont see why you would need an ipod touch separately...definitely not for movies, the SGS screen just laughs at the ipod screen...not for music, the ipod touch doesnt have all that great a sound anyway (similarly the SGS is average in sound quality too, nothing too great)...maybe for the games, there is a lot more variety of games available for the ipod....I have an ipod touch which i had from earlier, and though I am still fond of playing the occasional old favourite game on it when i get really bored, i havent taken out the ipod touch since buying the SGS

2. about the comparison with wava, i have used an office colleague's wave, and no offence to wave owners, but im glad i plonked down the extra 10k...the wave just does NOT have the same feel as the galaxy, looks-wise or software-wise

hahahari

In the zone
And yes since i work on my phone a lot, there is no question, i need apps and wave doesnt have a good number of those. SO yep the extra 10k is worth it!

vulpine

Broken In
1. I dont see why you would need an ipod touch separately...definitely not for movies, the SGS screen just laughs at the ipod screen...not for music, the ipod touch doesnt have all that great a sound anyway (similarly the SGS is average in sound quality too, nothing too great)...maybe for the games, there is a lot more variety of games available for the ipod....I have an ipod touch which i had from earlier, and though I am still fond of playing the occasional old favourite game on it when i get really bored, i havent taken out the ipod touch since buying the SGS

Ipod touch is for gaming,music and app store.
I'm surprised that I'm hearing this from a ipod user. Ipod touch doesn't have great sound quality? :shock: Ipods are best in business and they have the finest music quality. many technical tests also proved it. What you need to get is a good pair of earphones.

SGS is poor too ? GSMArena in their tests proved that it has finest music quality and on par with ipods.

vulpine

Broken In
@kalpik

What's the internal memory available to install apps?

Are both 16 and 8 GB models available here? If yes, What's the price difference?

noob

Cyborg Agent
Only 16GB is available. Out of it 2GB is reserved for installing apps.

me too got SGS :) and i think you are the one from ANdroidForums :)

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

The price quoted by him is too high...at univercell[dot]in it is available for INR 27596...i think he should give little more discount...say at 22K this will be a real deal.

are you from IBF ? BTW i got SGS :)

cynick

Right off the assembly line
I use pretty good earphones (ultimate ears triple fi Vi) and the difference in sound quuality between a ipod touch and a player like cowon s9 is very easy to make out. Sorry but the ipod touch just isnt THAT great

Ipod touch is for gaming,music and app store.
I'm surprised that I'm hearing this from a ipod user. Ipod touch doesn't have great sound quality? :shock: Ipods are best icn business and they have the finest music quality. many technical tests also proved it. What you need to get is a good pair of earphones.

SGS is poor too ? GSMArena in their tests proved that it has finest music quality and on par with ipods.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've a question...

To get android apps do I have download them from android marketplace from my mobile or can I download them in PC first and then transfer them to mobiles. It may sound stupid, but I've never handled an android phone, let alone installing android apps...

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ You have to download via the Market on your phone itself. You can do it over wifi too! Some (very few) apps are also available on the developer's site. You can download those on your PC, and then install on your phone.

Top Bottom