The Galaxy S thread!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
So my SGS is back from Samsung Service center.

They delivered it within one day, seems things were not that serious as I thought.

Its flashed with 2.2 now (DDJP6)

Gonna try flashing it again today.

As its in recovery 3e, need to do change it in 2e.
Can anyone tell me a full proof (comparatively safe) method of doing that?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
So my SGS is back from Samsung Service center.

They delivered it within one day, seems things were not that serious as I thought.

Its flashed with 2.2 now (DDJP6)

Gonna try flashing it again today.

As its in recovery 3e, need to do change it in 2e.
Can anyone tell me a full proof (comparatively safe) method of doing that?
Install CF-Root kernel.

Can Anybody please confirm me the price for SGS in Delhi?
As I think it would be selling a lot lesser over there than in Pune(Rs 27000/-).

Galaxy S is not available in Delhi. I went to almost 10 shops including samsung dealers and they told me Galaxy S production has been discontinued?:?:. Is this true ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
And it started installing "Doc Rom : X-mas special: JPY V6 / JPX V6/v6 Slim"

And done........
My first flash...!!!

Learned a lot.......specially reading instructions COMPLETELY (bole to each letter)

Last edited:
OP
kalpik

kalpik

And it started installing "Doc Rom : X-mas special: JPY V6 / JPX V6/v6 Slim"

And done........
My first flash...!!!

Learned a lot.......specially reading instructions COMPLETELY (bole to each letter)
Glad my instructions helped :)

blue_earth

Broken In
You didn't just say that!

Actually.. When I had gone to purchase my gs last week.. Most shops here in cal said that its discontinued, including the people at the mobile store. however the samsung authorized dealers do keep it.. That's where I got mine from.. And they said that it hasn't been discontinued.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Comeon SGS discontinued???!!! R u crazy.
Samsung is cashing SGS brand name like anything.
Galaxy 3,5,7, Galaxy Tab...

They will never discontinue it........again Gingerbread is announced (rumored) for Galaxy S...

@Kalpik, at the Doc's rom page, there are some theme, add on packages, how do I install them, rename the zip files as "update.zip" and install from recovery screen or any other way?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Comeon SGS discontinued???!!! R u crazy.
Samsung is cashing SGS brand name like anything.
Galaxy 3,5,7, Galaxy Tab...

They will never discontinue it........again Gingerbread is announced (rumored) for Galaxy S...

@Kalpik, at the Doc's rom page, there are some theme, add on packages, how do I install them, rename the zip files as "update.zip" and install from recovery screen or any other way?
If you're on JPY, no themes are compatible yet.. ALWAYS check first if the theme is compatible with your firmware. And no, you don't need to rename them.. Just boot into recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, and then browse to the zip you downloaded :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Actually.. When I had gone to purchase my gs last week.. Most shops here in cal said that its discontinued, including the people at the mobile store. however the samsung authorized dealers do keep it.. That's where I got mine from.. And they said that it hasn't been discontinued.

that would be another way of saying "we don't have stock. we have other good phones to dump on you" :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Installed Doc's Theme v2...

Nothing changed?!!!
How to bring it in effect?

Any issue with my current home launcher?
Default is LauncherPro...

blue_earth

Broken In
Ok.. after playing around quite a bit, I found that disabling Google Talk Auto Signin tends to show a noticeable increase in battery life. I can now have Background sync with auto sync enabled even at night and lose approximately 2-3% in 8 hours with screen off. Previously (with Gtalk auto sign in enabled), even with screen off, the battery used to drain 12-15% in 8 hours. I no longer seem to be charging the device twice a day.
I hope this helps people with severe battery drain problems :) I'll post again if I find some more solutions to this problem.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Need serious help!! My phone is not getting detected even in mass storage mode (with debugging enabled/disabled). I have already tried changing the usb cables, or connecting to another port/computer. This happened after I updgraded from Darky's v7 to v7.6.

So, finally I factory reset the phone and loaded a custom JPY rom created using Doc's ROM Kitchen. Still, the problem persists. I am not talking about kies detection issue. (Now, in the device manager also, the phone is not listed).

When going to clockwork mod recovery, (under mounts and storage) the sdcard (/mnt/sdcard) is listed as unmounted (earlier in 7.6 , it was the /data which was listed as unmounted) . Could it possibly be an issue related to that?
Please HELP!! I just want some suggestions, to try.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, that transferring files over bluetooth from lap to mobile, also is not working :( . However mobile to mobile bluetooth transfer still works.

Also when connecting to USB, the phone is able to charge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom