Bebe £7m
Anderson £17m
Smalling £10m
Obertan £3m
Kuszczak £2m

Seeing Mancs getting owned by West Ham side with rested players - Priceless

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Do you remember the chelsea side of 05-06 ?
This season is different, but last season and the season before, chelsea were stronger than they were when they won the two titles
No.

Cant differentiate between being vital for title winning sides and being good enough for a top 4 ?
You said 'very good for a top 4 side'. WTF does 'very' good even mean?

Carragher would never, even in his prime, been a vital player for any side that has won the title
No he didn't win the Premiership...but er...
*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/lpoolDM_468x329.jpg

He is a level below that. That doesnt mean he is Titus Bramble, but he isnt and never has been great
Live in denial forever lad.

Great for liverpool != great in the bigger picture
Yeah right. Being pivotal in a European Cup run, being a rock at the back of every season from 2004-05 to 2007-08, before age caught with him, yet he is not a great player. :rolleyes:
You also don't rate Sami either, it clear you are clueless about us.

its not that hard to understand, but with the brain capacity of a liverpool fan, it makes sense
:))
That's weird for someone to post who himself lacks a brain :lol:

Karan85

Broken In
No.

You said 'very good for a top 4 side'. WTF does 'very' good even mean?

No he didn't win the Premiership...but er...
*img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/lpoolDM_468x329.jpg

Live in denial forever lad.

Yeah right. Being pivotal in a European Cup run, being a rock at the back of every season from 2004-05 to 2007-08, before age caught with him, yet he is not a great player. :rolleyes:
You also don't rate Sami either, it clear you are clueless about us.

That's weird for someone to post who himself lacks a brain :lol:
Dear me, you really are a bit thick
When did i say I didnt rate Hyypia ?
I mentioned him along with the list of defenders I rate higher than Carrragher (unless you cant understand thinly veiled sarcasm, and it was VERY thinly veiled)

Alex is very good for a top 4 side, he isnt the same quality as Carvalho. Chelsea miss that (and the fact that terry has dropped a level from being world class to very good)
Manchester United dont have anyone in between, Rio and Vidic are great, then there are defenders who wouldnt be regular even at liverpool

Is it really that hard to understand the difference between being very good and being excellent?

and the CL win was always going to be brought up, but as I am sure I have mentioned above, Senderos was at the heart of the Arsenal defense when they reached the finals against barca (and Lehmann got sent off)
I'll give you that, Carragher is better than Senderos
Liverpool had traore in that side that won the CL.. seriously, you need to take those tinted glasses off..

And those slagging off woodgate, does anyone remember him before his injuries?
Before he moved to Madrid.. Granted he couldnt sustain that level of performance because of his injuries, so I understand why some woundnt put him in the same level as the other top defenders, but he was a great defender

It'll be like people slagging off Michael Owen based on his last 6 years and not remembering how brilliant he was before that. Owen's best days were before he was 24..
Obviously playing for liverpool,England and being a striker he got a lot of attention and people know how good he was. Woodgate was an unfancied defender who will easily be forgotten by many who probably didnt see enough of him in his prime

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Carragher was an unfancied defender who is being easily be slagged off by someone who has surely not seen him in his prime. :D

Woodgate was good for Leeds...what after that?

Didn't you say that Heinze embarrassed himself at Real Madrid?? :D

Karan85

Broken In
Heinze did . He was rubbish.. You dont agree??
I dont support any of these sides, but I have watched a lot of football over the last 10-12 years. I have never been impressed by Carragher
He offers little going forward, isnt comfortable on the ball, isnt a goal threat from set pieces and isnt an outstanding defender

I do admit, till very recently, he was consistent and consistently good at the level liverpool were (which was a level below the teams that were winning the league)
08-09 was basically down to the briliance of a few select players (gerrard+torres+alonso+mascherano+reina-at times) .. Carragher continued to be solid, but was never irreplaceable

It all started with me laughing at him being called a 'gem of a player' and I will stick by that.
He isnt now, and wasnt in his prime 'a gem of a player'

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Heinze was bad with Real Madrid, I agree. My previous post was in the context of Woodgate. If Heinze embarrassed himself, what did Woodgate do then? Never played.

Gem of a player or not, Carragher is certainly among the Top 10 EPL defenders of the last decade and always a reliable defender in Europe.

Karan85

Broken In
Woodgate was injured mate
Heinze was just rubbish

Top 10 IN England IN the last decade.. probably.. hard to argue with that
and a reliable defender , sure

EDIT: and on Woodgate, he was loved by most madrid fans. Again, injuries ruined his career. He was a top defender

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
When did i say I didnt rate Hyypia ?
I mentioned him along with the list of defenders I rate higher than Carrragher (unless you cant understand thinly veiled sarcasm, and it was VERY thinly veiled)
You are simply hiding your inadequatecies under the skirts of 'thinly veiled sarcasm'.

Is it really that hard to understand the difference between being very good and being excellent?
Carragher was excellent. Only you are idiotic enough to ignore it.

and the CL win was always going to be brought up, but as I am sure I have mentioned above, Senderos was at the heart of the Arsenal defense when they reached the finals against barca (and Lehmann got sent off)
I'll give you that, Carragher is better than Senderos

Liverpool had traore in that side that won the CL.. seriously, you need to take those tinted glasses off..
How conveniently you ignore that he was a rock at the back of the Liverpool defense with top quality performances for 4-5 seasons. Talk about posting related only to your agenda.

It'll be like people slagging off Michael Owen based on his last 6 years and not remembering how brilliant he was before that. Owen's best days were before he was 24..
Obviously playing for liverpool,England and being a striker he got a lot of attention and people know how good he was. Woodgate was an unfancied defender who will easily be forgotten by many who probably didnt see enough of him in his prime
Who slagged him as a player? :confused: Don't like him as a person, but that's another story.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
GAAH!!This thread has become a man u vs liverpool thread...or carra vs ferdinand.....they were both good in their prime...

Karan85

Broken In
Fair enough
Was getting a bit tedious anyway.. Clearly we'll never agree

Juventus play tonight.. anyone watching ?

ps: Owen was just an example. I had no idea about your dislike for him

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
nobody mentioned gary neville B-)

personally,id say carra is world class,atleast was,till age caught up with him.ditto neville.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I would rate neville a bit higher than carra though. :p Just kidding.

Arsenal have drawn Ipswitch Town for the carling cup semis. Did not know that the semifinals had a return leg as well. Damn!!

Rahim

Married!
Real Madrid [ Images ] coach Jose Mourinho has been given a two-match ban for improper conduct by UEFA [ Images ] after allegations that two of his players deliberately got sent off in a Champions League [ Images ] match against Ajax Amsterdam.

UEFA on Tuesday also handed out fines related to events in the November 23 Group G game including 120,000 euros ($156,300) for Real, 40,000 for Mourinho and lower amounts for players Xabi Alonso, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas and Jerzy Dudek.

Top Bottom