• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Carragher is a Liverpool legend. And keep your crappy : lol:s you stupid Chelsea/ManYoo 'fan' :lol:
As for fans being 'pleased' with Carra's injury they are not pleased with him being injured but the fact other players will get the chance, which they should have got with him being fit. This is quite understandable because he was deemed undroppable that that was nothing to with merit, and it gives chances to other more in-form players. However Agger is out-injured, and Soto while I do rate him is even slower than Carra.
Hopefully this proves a blessing in disguise, maybe Kelly or Wilson can step up.
And Reina for the armband please.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Carragher is a Liverpool legend. And keep your crappy : lol:s you stupid Chelsea/ManYoo 'fan' :lol:
As for fans being 'pleased' with Carra's injury they are not pleased with him being injured but the fact other players will get the chance, which they should have got with him being fit. This is quite understandable because he was deemed undroppable that that was nothing to with merit, and it gives chances to other more in-form players. However Agger is out-injured, and Soto while I do rate him is even slower than Carra.
Hopefully this proves a blessing in disguise, maybe Kelly or Wilson can step up.
And Reina for the armband please.

this is exactly what i wanted to convey...Thanks for saving my time...didn't want to mock his injury or anything,its just that i don't think he fits in the starting line up when the likes of kelly & wilson are warming the benches...this is what i was happy about..sry if i offended anyone..

Karan85

Broken In
Please throw some light on the team you support. Arsenal?

Carragher is easily one of the best defenders of this decade in the EPL. He's past it now, but that's a different thing.
The decade ?
Vidic, Carvalho, King, Woodgate(perma crocked ), Gallas, Terry, Rio, Campbell would like to say HI
and that is not counting the players that retired early on in the decade (that arsenal bunch, they were quality)

Carragher is a steady defender and has been that for a long time, which is great. but a gem of a player he isnt . Especially now.. he is past it, he has been for a while

If he wasnt one through the youth setup, he wouldve been shipped out by now
Oh, and that reminds me, Hyypia was half decent in his time as well

The fact that liverpool have Agger injured makes it worse, but thats because the Carragher injury leaves them short on numbers, not in quality (that greek guy isnt any worse than carragher)

The lack of Mascherano is showing .. they need someone to protect their backline considering none of the back 4 are any good at defending

Rahim

Married!
@LFC: I posted 'Thank You' sarcasticly to Karan's meaningless smileys. I hope you understand.

@Karan: You amaze me tbh. Rio is a lazy bum who cant hold a light in front of Carragher. Rio was a cheap duplicate Eveready battery which gave some decent performance while Carragher is pure Duracell :p and dont forget how English media hypes every English player and that include Rooney.

Karan85

Broken In
@Karan: You amaze me tbh. Rio is a lazy bum who cant hold a light in front of Carragher. Rio was a cheap duplicate Eveready battery which gave some decent performance while Carragher is pure Duracell :p and dont forget how English media hypes every English player and that include Rooney.

Rio, when fit, is one of the best in the world.
But seeing as you rate Heinze, your opinion shouldn't really be of any worth :mrgreen:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Just like Terry, for me Rio has always performed well when he had a class defender to partner him. Good defender indeed, but not the best. Carvalho and Vidic are the unsong heroes and the real classy defenders.

Sol Campbell is my defender of choice, tbh. Did well both for his clubs and the country.
But seeing as you rate Heinze, your opinion shouldn't really be of any worth :mrgreen:
Anything wrong with Heinze? Was a good LB back in his day.

Last edited:

Karan85

Broken In
Disagree
Terry needs Carvalho/Gallas, Rio was class even when he played with Silvestre and Brown (2002-3) and he was missed when he was banned for 8 months.

And about Heinze, when exactly was his day? He is older than Rio and he has had very few 'good seasons'
Did well at PSG. Had a great season at Manchester United where he got some awards at the end of it(iirc) then got injured and was second choice
Stayed there for 3 seasons and did well in only the first. Moved on, embarrassed himself at Madrid and has moved on again

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ferdinand only started to really do well after 2006. Didn't do much while the Premier League was dominated by Chelsea and Silvestre+Brown started to be crap. Then came Vidic.

Karan85

Broken In
That is just wrong. The fact that chelsea were interested and he bacame the first(?) 100k+ a week defender in the summer of 2005 suggests he was doing very well.

Chelsea dominated the league because Arsenal had a lot of key players retiring and wenger started off with his youth policy and Man Utd. had a midfield of Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Richardson, Keane (past his prime) (scholes was out for a long time with his eye problems) and the team in general was rubbish.. Rio was one of their better players

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Rio Ferdinand while being a good defender is one of the most overrated defenders of all time. Hyypia, Campbell, Carragher, Terry, Carvalho, and Vidic were always very much better than him. Gallas during his time at Chelsea was great too, but I'll rate Ferdinand over him. King is tad too injury prone.

Chelsea dominated the league because Arsenal had a lot of key players retiring and wenger started off with his youth policy and Man Utd. had a midfield of Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Richardson, Keane (past his prime) (scholes was out for a long time with his eye problems) and the team in general was rubbish.. Rio was one of their better players
Chelsea dominated the league 2004-06 because they were actually a really good side. Arse of 2004-05 was a great team just coming off the 'invincible' tag.
I'll rather say Mancs in 2006-09 benefited from Arsenal's key players leaving/youth policy, and Chelsea messed it up, with some bizarre decisions in appointment and setting up managers.

Top Bottom