• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

iinfi

mekalodu
half world cup discussion here and half on the other thread ... it makes no sense to me to run two threads for soccer ... its a complete mess ... the WC is still days away ... time we merge this thread .... plz mods do the needful

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

those who want the threads merged .. plz raise ur hand

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
HOLY **** F****** HELL

Arsenal Football Club have today released the following statement about Cesc Fabregas:
"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is under contract with the Club until the summer of 2015. He is a highly valued member of the team and part of our future plans.
"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move away from the Club but as there has never been any official approach for him, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clear that we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained from publicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.
"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."
Arsenal.com

GO GUNNERS!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

That statement is basically a four letter word aimed at barca.Brilliant stuff.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I think the reasoning behind not taking Theo Walcott can be seen in the following stats from last season:

Theo Walcott
Played: 23
Assists: 2

Shaun Wright Phillips
Played: 30
Assists: 7

Aaron Lennon
Played: 20
Assists: 9

That ought to do it! :D

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Theo's form took a hit by injuries.He picked up some form near the end of the season,the stats don't reflect that.
I know who I'd rather have coming off the bench,Theo or SWP.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
If Barca wants Cesc, Barca will get Cesc :))

so true :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Theo's form took a hit by injuries.He picked up some form near the end of the season,the stats don't reflect that.
I know who I'd rather have coming off the bench,Theo or SWP.
ya right

swp anyday...

theo does not have a footballing brain.period.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Liverpool offer Rafael Benitez a way out of Anfield

*www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00714/aaabenitezold_1C_58_714968a.jpg

timesonline.co.uk said:
Liverpool have attempted to pave the way for Rafael Benitez’s departure by offering their manager a compromise deal to leave the club this summer.

In what amounts to a vote of no confidence in Benitez, the Liverpool board approved a proposal to the Spaniard which would see him depart Anfield with a lucrative pay off worth in the region of £3 million up front.

According to the terms of the five-year contract he signed in March 2009, Benitez is entitled to a £16 million severance package but given their current financial predicament there is no possibility of Liverpool being able to come up with that kind of money, regardless of their desire to bring about a change of manager.

As such, the club’s hierarchy is hoping that Benitez will stand aside without demanding the windfall that he would otherwise due or else they will have no option but to allow him to continue in the role he has been in since the summer of 2004 in the knowledge that he is no longer wanted.

Though Benitez is yet to accept the offer, the chances of a compromise being reached were raised by indications from the 50-year-old that he would not be able to take the club any further if, as expected, the current restrictions on transfer spending are extended into another summer. Despite claims by co-owner Tom Hicks last week that Liverpool are set to spend big in the coming months, the reality is that their transfer budget is currently limited to £15 million at most and there are yet to be any assurances that they will be able to re-invest the proceeds from player sales to any great extent.

Had Benitez received the guarantees he had been looking for during talks with Martin Broughton, Liverpool’s chairman, then the current situation would not have arisen but with both parties unable to envisage a way of working together for the good of the club a parting of the ways now looks increasingly inevitable.

Such is Liverpool’s palsied fiscal state, they recently posted record annual losses of £55 million and are saddled with debts totalling £351 million, Broughton was simply unable to offer Benitez the guarantees he was looking for and after a desperately disappointing campaign in which they finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League and failed to qualify for next season’s Champions League the club’s hierarchy would not have been keen to extend Benitez’s tenure anyway.

Inter Milan ready to offer Benitez an escape route to Italy should he show any willingness to follow in the footsteps of Jose Mourinho, his managerial arch rival, although Benitez’s agent, Manuel Garcia Quillon, has insisted that the reigning European and Italian champions have not made any contact with his client.
“I don’t know anything about Inter,” Quillon said. “No one has contacted me, it’s just transfer speculation.”

Massimo Moratti, the Inter president, is a confirmed admirer of Benitez and is monitoring his position. On Monday, he made his admiration and his interest public when he told reporters that “I have always thought Benitez is a good coach, but he is linked with Liverpool” and he will be encouraged by the fact that those links now appear to be loosening

It would be problematic for Liverpool to find a top class replacement given that they cannot offer managerial candidates either a squad that is equipped for a title challenge or a substantial transfer package to tempt them. The situation is further complicated by the fact that the club is up for sale and the Liverpool board may not feel able to offer Benitez’s successor a long-term contract in case potential investors are not impressed by their choice. That could mean a temporary manger is the only viable solution, at least until a buyer is found

It is against this backdrop of managerial intrigue and endemic uncertainty at Anfield that Real Madrid have raised the stakes in their bid to sign Steven Gerrard. The front page of yesterday’s Marca, the newspaper that is most associated with Real, carried a picture of the Liverpool captain and a story revealing that he is Jose Mourinho’s number one transfer target.

Though adamant that Gerrard is not for sale, Liverpool are bracing themselves for an offer, probably in the region of €30 million, from Real and Pepe Reina is hoping that both club and player will resist the overtures from the Spanish giants.

“I hope Gerrard will not go to Real Madrid and that he will stay with Liverpool for a long time, that he will be with us for the rest of his career,” the goalkeeper said. “I understand that something will happen, that Real Madrid are interested in Gerrard because Mourinho knows him very well and he is a footballer who can play in any team in the world.”
Source: *www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7142868.ece

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well..It seems given that Cole is making a switch to Arseal this summer.What I have seen of him for Chelsea, doesnt seem to be a bad buy given hes free. What say guys? Hes slightly overrated but which english player isnt? :D

Rahim

Married!
^Think about the future loses if Benitez stays at Anfield. He might spend millions over average players again; so by that logic paying him off today seems sane and logical.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Since when has Joe COle been labeled an over-hyped player? He is the most skillful footballer England have and he was not given any chance at Chelsea after that great season he had. Its the formation of Chelsea coupled with injuries that is to be blamed for his lack of match appearances.
It would be a steal if Gunners sign him.

Top Bottom