• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Last time when I checked, Fabregas had assisted and scored as many goals in one season as Alonso did for Liverpool in his whole career. :lol:

Alonso left Liverpool and Liverpoo crumbled. This thing overrates him a lot. Deluded? me or you? :lol:
:lol: I always knew that you would bring on insults to my club and most of all stats into the argument. :lol:
Alonso's pass completion and ability to play defense splitting passes and well as bring balance to midfield by far compensates his lack of pace or scoring goals. He has been ever present in Real's side last season by the way and played a vital part in their points tally which you so easily dismiss as "not done much for Madrid". Where does Fabregas go hiding in big games? Alonso's performace for Liverpool in big games particularly in European Cup was top notch. Del Bosque also prefers to play Alonso with Iniesta and Xavi rather than Fabregas.
Another point, Goals and assists just don't paint the complete picture, the way the player contributes to the team, provides balance in the formation and drives the play is an important indicator of contribution of a player.
As for deluded, I remember you claiming Fabregas better than Sneijder. :lol:

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Just to clear up
Fabregas>Sneijder AND Alonso.The difference is more evident when you factor in the quality of the players playing around them.Diaby,Denilson and a sterile forward line,or Milito,Eto'o,Cambiasso etc.

You won't agree with it I know,everyone has their opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

By the way,once dubbed the new Fabregas,Merida has joined Atlletico.

*www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/fran-merida-signs-for-atletico-madrid
Best of luck to him,I believe he has everything to be a top La Liga player.He deserved more games here.

Krow

Crowman
Much as I would like to compare and contrast, Fabregas and Alonso are different kind of players. Alonso is a sort of a hybrid of Song and Fabregas, while Fab is much more attacking. I agree with LFC_Fan's opinion regarding goals and assists not painting the complete picture. Alonso has always been the unsung hero. One whose value can't be measured by stats.

ico Please don't make statements like Player X >>> Player Y. :s That doesn't justify the greatness or worthlessness of any player.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
@ico check PM. Domain bought. Now go ahead and buy the webspace asap :p
Offtopic: Why buy webspace? I have enough of web space and bandwidth. :p Just tell me exact domain name, I'll add it to my hosting, and give you FTP account and install a CMS of your choice. (if you want that is). Anyway web space is cheap, so not much of an issue anyway.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
LFC_Fan: I could shove loads of stats in yer face about our investment in the youth academy, in our new training ground (Cobham) and what not, but it wouldn't make much of a difference to what you think. Stereotypes are hard to get rid of, I know. :D

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@: It is related to Football. (atleast what we are planning to do :p)

PM is the better way to communicate, but we were short of time and resources. There won't be any more off-topic replies.

Top Bottom