The Dropbox referral thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
I searched, looks like we don't have a thread for Dropbox referrals

For those who do not know what Dropbox is, it is a free service that allows you to backup, sync, share your files. It is very useful to keep multiple computers/laptops/cellphones synched. It works with iPhone/Android etc..

Post here with your referral link and the number of referrals left, and I will edit the main thread to reflect the same. Once you're done, post here and remove your link and I'll post the link of the next person who is up.

Using the referral gives you additional 250Mb, and also to the referrer (500 Mb if you have an edu email ID). Here's my link to begin with.

Current active link : *db.tt/5KAvgmB
Note: To calculate the referrals left, use: (max - current)/250 (or 500)

Tip: If you use Ubuntu, create a softlink from you Documents folder to Dropbox folder, if you use Windows 7, move you "My Documents" to "My Dropbox", and access your documents anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
You'll find it useful! This is one of the things that once you start using, you can't imagine doing without it. I'm actually considering their subscription.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yup, thanks for the thread. :)

Here's my link:

*db.tt/5KAvgmB

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I didn't quite got the referral funda!
I already have a drop box account. Should I make another one following the link above?

And can't anyone make more than one dropbox account for storing more data? :confused:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Every dropbox user have a referal link. If someone use that link to register to dropbox, you'll get 250MB Extra. Anyway by default they provide 2GB(FREE), which is enough I guess.

And as for your 2nd query, I don't think one can register two a/c with same email.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Ok. Thanks for the explanation.
Btw, I meant, registering on dropbox using different email accounts!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Ok. That's sad! But now the referral system makes sense! :-D

Anyway, made account from OP's referral.
Here's my referral link: *db.tt/bWRSXhr

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I already have account. But didn't know that referral would increase the space.
If someone would ;)
*goo.gl/TsyYa

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally made my proper id. Last time was getting loads of firewall errors

My referral id- *db.tt/zZS3mTc

If you join by my referral you get extra 250 MB

BTW , I registered and 2 Gb is good enough for me to sync . App for symbian would of been sweeter for me .

Nice thing to have as back up of documents !

I am going to be very thankful to you if this works . I will give this a try on Sunday as I am traveling today .

PS : Rep Added !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom