The definitive Xbox discussion thread | Don't troll

cyborg47

Technomancer
FAIL

Best Buy E3 Experience events being ambushed by Microsoft in order to push Xbox One? | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
FAIL

Best Buy E3 Experience events being ambushed by Microsoft in order to push Xbox One? | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?

hahahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I hope they got trolled bad by the nintendonerds!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Xbox One: public reaction will only be complete once product is on the shelf, says Spencer | VG247

Everyone already knows everything they need to know, Spencer :|

*penny-arcade.com/report/article/xb...ames-with-ten-family-members-but-some-details

*arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/

You can share games between 10 people if they count as "family" and those people can play the games at their friend's places too. Why they would go for such a complex system I do not understand...

Last edited:
OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
EA: "We don't have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today"

We’ve known Microsoft’s thoughts on next-gen DRM enforcement (to leave it up to individual publishers) for a while now, but Sony only recently confirmed that it won’t be having any of it. However, the fact still stands that Sony cannot prevent third-party publishers from restricting the use/sale of their games, so there’s still a bit of a gray area. Luckily, that gray area has become a bit clearer thanks to a statement from EA (via Eurogamer) that at least partially details their thoughts on the infamously draconian DRM.

Patrick Söderlund, EA Games Label boss, recently clarified that EA doesn’t “have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today. We clearly articulated our stance when we abandoned the Online Pass.” On the subject, Söderlund explained that the decision to terminate the Online Pass system was “because we talked to people, our fans and our players, and they said, ‘Listen, we don’t want to play our games like this.’ We have to listen to them and we removed it. It’s that simple.”

It seems EA aren't playing spoil sport in this regard. Hopefully, Activision and Ubisoft follow along the same lines.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
EA: "We don't have a problem with second-hand sales as they are today"

It seems EA aren't playing spoil sport in this regard. Hopefully, Activision and Ubisoft follow along the same lines.

They're lying.

They don't need the online pass anymore, now that they make everyone use Origin.

Perhaps the situation will be better on consoles though.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Microsoft’s Don Mattrick Stands Silent As George Lucas and Steven Spielberg Diss Video Games but Praise Kinect

Lucas and Spielberg Insult Video Games

Hmm, both of them have a point. They want games to do away with conventional violent approach and mindless shooting of enemies.
Maybe the are pointing at games like Heavy Rain,ICO and something similar in lines.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Microsoft’s Don Mattrick Stands Silent As George Lucas and Steven Spielberg Diss Video Games but Praise Kinect

Lucas and Spielberg Insult Video Games

Hmm, both of them have a point. They want games to do away with conventional violent approach and mindless shooting of enemies.
Maybe the are pointing at games like Heavy Rain,ICO and something similar in lines.

Their comments were dumb. They talked like they hadn't heard of RPGs, of visual novels, a significant number of TPSes and FPSes (those with a story focus, not action focus and so usually the single player component only), some hack and slash games and strategy games etc.

I can't believe Lucas actually said that. The story of The Force Unleashed 1 was one of the key driving points of the success of the game. Is he telling me he doesn't even know video games made by his own (at that time) company?

So much for QTEs being optional :facepalm:

Ryse QTEs complete themselves even if you don't press any buttons or press wrong buttons.

cyborg47

Technomancer
DORITOS!!!!!!!!!!!

*25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4u58qLNvu1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

EDIT - Here's some gamer feedback on Ryse at E3

I’m on the battlefield. I’m stomping through the corpses of my comrades swinging my sword at anything that moves. I begin a combo, I slash twice and then whooom slow motion is initiated, **** is about to get ‘cinematic’. A button prompt hovers elusively above the sword I’m about to drive into the throat of my enemy… argh I’m too slow! The prompt flickers, disappears.

I missed it. Damn.

But then somehow, for some reason, I still complete the cinematic ‘kill’.

What?

Maybe it’s a bug I think, but no. Next time I deliberately press the wrong button. The kill goes ahead, no consequences. Then I try hitting no buttons whatsoever. The kill goes ahead. I put the controller on the table in front of me, the kill goes ahead.

What is going on here?

I ask one of the Crytek people hovering at the booth – is this a bug? Why am I completing kills when I hit the wrong button prompt? Or, worse, no button at all. Turns out it was a deliberate design choice.

“We don’t want the player to feel frustrated,” I am told.

Interesting....I heard the QTE's could be turned off completely or ignored.

This is worse than cod :|

cyborg47

Technomancer
*l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.kbB5HJMo7xRUjedAEtXuQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NDQ0O2NyPTE7Y3c9NjMwO2R4PTA7ZHk9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00NDQ7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/*l.yimg.com/os/423/2013/03/18/TheBible-MohamenMehdiOuazanni-Satan-jpg_173434.jpg

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
THIS JUST IN:

Even microsoft isn't using Windows 8!

They're using Hewlett-Packard branded Windows 7 PCs for the Xbox One :lol:

The tweet:
*www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/56733/_1371234074.jpg

The picture of the crash:
*pbs.twimg.com/media/BMu7UCsCcAAzUtv.jpg:large

I see a rather high-end PC inside (corsair watercooling setup at that, lol).

*www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/56733/_1371234242.jpg

Source: Xbox E3 games were running on Windows 7 with Nvidia GTX 7xx cards - Cinemablend

Even though the Xbox GPU is supposed to have power similar to the HD 7790, they need a GTX 770/780/Titan lol? And they don't even use Windows 8? :rofl:

Important segment:

Truth be told, none of this should be a surprise to most people given that all E3 demos run their games on high-end PCs; it's a smoke and mirrors circus to sell the idea of the game, sort of like how pro wrestling sells the idea of fighting despite being scripted. We should all be used to it by now and it's just common practice [from most studios] given that the dev kits or comparable specs aren't usually finalized at this point.

However, in this particular case it does look bad on Microsoft's end that they didn't even trust to run the games from their latest Windows 8 operating system. As many people questioned on Twitter, why not Windows 8? Heck, Windows 8 is what one of the Xbox One's operating systems is based on. Opting for Windows 7 during E3 seems like Microsoft may not have had the confidence in their latest OS to put on the show they required or demo the games in the best of light.

I suppose the only real damning thing about this kind of exposure is that Microsoft didn't even use “comparable specs" from the company providing them with video cards in their home console. For those of you who don't know the Xbox One will run on a modified AMD GPU that, according to Extreme Tech, is on the level of a mid-ranged Radeon 7790. I guess the 7790 wasn't powerful enough for the Xbox One's E3 games eh? They needed a real manly card like the GTX 780, eh?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^More and more games are using PhysX like The Witcher 3, Arkham Origins and I think it's better to move on to a NVIDIA GPU and do justice to my user ID.

Top Bottom