The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

Oppo a74 is looking good at 17k. While a31 is 13k in lightning deal.
These are 6/128 gb models.
Some samsung phones like m12 m21 and m32 are available under 15k with 4/64gb.
Dont go for Samsung a12 its bad.
If you are ok with Indian brands then this one is decent. Though no idea about their customer service.

Tecno Spark 8 Pro (Interstellar Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 48MP Triple Camera | 6.8" FHD+Dot-in Display | 33W Fast Charger | Helio G85 Gaming Processor Amazon.in
Blindly ignore buying new Oppo or Vivo phones. They are just expensive. Realme & iQoo are their brands as well having better specs for the price, pick those or xioami over oppo/vivo anyday.

Tecno - new brand, don't be its beta tester

At any given time, usually have to check based on deals which phone is the best for you, also depends on your needs.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
G71 or Edge 20 fusion? Thoughts?

Budget = max 20k. Ideally just 16-17.

@SaiyanGoku @omega44-xt
*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11056&idPhone2=11223

It all comes down to personal preference. Edge has better camera and microSD slot. G71 has Snapdragon 695 which seem to slightly edging out Dimensity 800U in Edge 20 Fusion. I own G71, let me know if you have any questions regarding same.

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11056&idPhone2=11223

It all comes down to personal preference. Edge has better camera and microSD slot. G71 has Snapdragon 695 which seem to slightly edging out Dimensity 800U in Edge 20 Fusion. I own G71, let me know if you have any questions regarding same.
Well Camera, and general usage should be fluid is the thing. Was considering edge, but processor seems to be a downgrade? Plus older phone.

Display wise I gather edge is better? And how is your camera?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Well Camera, and general usage should be fluid is the thing. Was considering edge, but processor seems to be a downgrade? Plus older phone.

Display wise I gather edge is better? And how is your camera?
Back camera is Ok for its price I guess. I have only S20FE phone to compare against it, which is actually a 38K phone. Front cam is better, but beautify things teeney-tiny bit to get better picture overall.
Do you need 90Hz on your screen. Only thing I felt about G71 is screen isn't bright enough to use directly under sun. You need to angle your screen a bit to see clearly. Otherwise it looks fine.

Back camera is Ok for its price I guess. I have only S20FE phone to compare against it, which is actually a 38K phone. Front cam is better, but beautify things teeney-tiny bit to get better picture overall.
Do you need 90Hz on your screen. Only thing I felt about G71 is screen isn't bright enough to use directly under sun. You need to angle your screen a bit to see clearly. Otherwise it looks fine.
Not a deal-breaker, but I wouldn't have minded. It's out of stock rn.

Why go over this over Xiaomi 11T etc? Set aside the AOSP aspect?

Camera is important to me tbh.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm a custom rom guy, so hardware is first priority for me, If you don't mind lack of 3.5mm jack, Mi 11X (not 11T) is a better phone IMO.

Hmm, that's a bit out of my price range. Is the Camera good enough? Superior to Edge? IQoo Z5 is okay, but again, no dev support I guess?
Considering I myself don't root phones these days or install ROMs anymore (not worth the time), will you or OP do it? The vivo UI isn't that great, but it is average & enough for most considering Oppo & vivo phones are sold a lot & people are satisfied with them.

Oppo & vivo - you can blindly ignore their phones as it will be expensive. Realme or iQoo from their sister brand will and day offer better specs for the money because those phones don't sell offline, so less middlemen, hence lower cost.

Mi11X is a better phone, but out of your price range.

Considering I myself don't root phones these days or install ROMs anymore (not worth the time), will you or OP do it? The vivo UI isn't that great, but it is average & enough for most considering Oppo & vivo phones are sold a lot & people are satisfied with them.

Oppo & vivo - you can blindly ignore their phones as it will be expensive. Realme or iQoo from their sister brand will and day offer better specs for the money because those phones don't sell offline, so less middlemen, hence lower cost.

Mi11X is a better phone, but out of your price range.
I wouldn't mind, I do flash ROMs once the phone gets a bit old and don't receive updates frequently.

I'm more worried about a. Cameras, as I've highlighted, and a good display wouldn't hurt. I hear you, re: the UI being okay, but I'd like the possibility of rooting at least, if not installing a ROM. I really had a hard time even rooting an older Realme phone, was a real pain.

MI is at least better in that respect.

I've seen it go for 20-22k and I'd have picked one up for myself if it had 3.5 mm jack and same battery capacity as Poco X3 Pro.
It's kinda urgent for me. In that case, even Realme GT Master Edition works out, has some 3K discount for my card.

But again, zero dev support. Ugh, hating this.

Top Bottom