The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There was gold Moto G5 Plus on Flipkart for 11 K. I bought one last week. Not sure if it is still there.

Edit: It is still on offer Moto G5 Plus (Fine Gold, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com

chintan786

In the zone
There was gold Moto G5 Plus on Flipkart for 11 K. I bought one last week. Not sure if it is still there.

Edit: It is still on offer Moto G5 Plus (Fine Gold, 32 GB) Online at Best Price with Great Offers Only On Flipkart.com
at same flipkart redmi note 4 (4gb ram, 64 GB space, with extra Micro SD card slot) selling at same price. why go for G5 plus then

andy_65_in

Padawan
Moto G5 Plus (Fine Gold, 32 GB) (4 GB RAM)-does this phone realy have heating issues AND i guess it has a average camera.am i right.im thinking of replacing my asus 550KL 2 GB RAM phone which otherwise is working fine

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Moto G5 Plus (Fine Gold, 32 GB) (4 GB RAM)-does this phone realy have heating issues AND i guess it has a average camera.am i right.im thinking of replacing my asus 550KL 2 GB RAM phone which otherwise is working fine
I have not heard of heating issues. Camera is better than the one in Redmi 2 Prime that it replaced.

As it is actually being used by mother on day-to-day basis, I am unable to comment on fine points.

Others are recommending Xiaomi. You could try that. (I went with Lenomoto because of being fed up of MiUI.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
slingshot does Mi offer dedicated sd slot in that price range in nougat,,i dont think
If you use only 1 SIM, a hybrid slot does not matter. Otherwise it is better to go for a discrete slot. Even if you use only one number now, having the ability to add another SIM later will futureproof it.

But internal storage is important too. Once you start using the phone, it simply starts filling up.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The point of a discrete SD card slot is not all about storage alone. It is about peace of mind, ease of data transfer between phones etc. And a day will come when 64 GB is not enough.
I have >40 GB free (out of 64 GB) on my OP3 currently. I either delete or transfer all unnecessary stuff onto HDDs. Unless someone is running dual boot on a phone and keeping long 4k videos, 64 GB is enough.

I have >40 GB free (out of 64 GB) on my OP3 currently. I either delete or transfer all unnecessary stuff onto HDDs. Unless someone is running dual boot on a phone and keeping long 4k videos, 64 GB is enough.

Currently I am using Moto E with 32GB SD card and my card is 85% full and I have to delete data off and on to keep it running. So keeping data differs from person to person. For someone like me, data of 64GB can also become less in a period of time.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Currently I am using Moto E with 32GB SD card and my card is 85% full and I have to delete data off and on to keep it running. So keeping data differs from person to person. For someone like me, data of 64GB can also become less in a period of time.
Yes but then even 256GB may not be enough for you so then what would you do.Whether you have to move data from phone after 32GB or after 256GB,in the end it is still the same. @SaiyanGoku is correct about 64GB being enough in the sense that "it is enough for all essential stuff required to fully utilize a phone". You can download/record dozens of 4K videos & keep them in phone which will make even 256GB SD card insufficient but that is not essential for fully utilizing your phone.Compare that to 16GB ROM phones where almost 6GB is taken by OS & 2-3GB is taken by preinstalled apps leaving just 3GB free space which certainly is not enough for even installing a decent number of games & other apps.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Why there is no 6gb variant for Redmi Note 5 Pro on today's sale??

Also there will be no 6gb variant on next sale too..
As per Flipkart.

Can anyone find out reason???

chintan786

In the zone
today again No luck to buy Note 5 Pro.. can mods plz suggest alternative in current mkt. I can wait for 1 more month max...
requirements:
5.7 -6" screen.. Quad Camera, 4 GB RAM, Min. 64 GB internal Space, Budget 14k max.

Anyone any Idea when Asus can lunch Zenfone 5, 5lite in India

Top Bottom